How much longer?

Previous topic - Next topic

Patientxyz1992

Please try the new PubMed mobile website.
PubMedSearch
Search term
Click to search
↓ Full text
Intratunical Injection of Human Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells Restores Collagen III/I Ratio in a Rat Model of Chronic Peyronie's Disease.
Castiglione F, et al. Sex Med. 2019.
Show full citation
Abstract
INTRODUCTION: Previous studies have shown that the injection of adipose tissue-derived stem cells (ADSCs) into the tunica albuginea (TA) during the active phase of Peyronie's disease (Peyronies Disease) prevents the development of fibrosis.

AIM: To investigate, using an animal model, whether local injection of human ADSCs (hADSCs) can alter the degree of fibrosis in the chronic phase of Peyronies Disease.

METHODS: 27 male, 12-week-old rats were divided into 3 equal groups: sham, Peyronies Disease without treatment, and Peyronies Disease treated with hADSCs 1 month after disease induction. Sham rats underwent 2 injections of vehicle into the TA 1 month apart. Peyronies Disease rats underwent transforming growth factor β1 (TGFβ1) injection and injection of vehicle 1 month later. Peyronies Disease-hADSC rats underwent TGFβ1 injection followed by 1 million hADSCs 1 month later. 1 week after treatment, n = 3 animals/group were euthanized, and the penises were harvested for quantitative polymerase chain reaction. 1 month after treatment, the other animals, n = 6 per group, underwent measurement of intracavernous pressure (ICP) and mean arterial pressure (MAP) during electrostimulation of the cavernous nerve. After euthanasia, penises were again harvested for histology and Western blot.

MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: The primary outcome measures included (a) gene expression at one week post-injection; (b) measurement of ICP/MAP upon cavernous nerve stimulation as a measure of erectile function; (c) elastin, collagen I and III protein expression; and (d) Histomorphometric analysis of the penis. Means where compared by analysis of variance (ANOVA) followed by a Student-Newman-Keuls test for post hoc comparisons or Mann-Whitney test when applicable.

RESULTS: No significant difference was noted in ICP or ICP/MAP in response to cavernous nerve electrostimulation between the 3 groups at 2.5, 5, and 7.5 V (P > .05 for all voltages). Peyronies Disease animals developed tunical and subtunical areas of fibrosis with a significant upregulation of collagen III protein. The collagen III/I ratio was higher in the Peyronies Disease (4.6 ± 0.92) group compared with sham (0.66 ± 0.18) and Peyronies Disease-hADSC (0.86 ± 0.06) groups (P < .05) These fibrotic changes were prevented when treated with hADSCs. Compared with Peyronies Disease rats, Peyronies Disease-hADSC rats demonstrated a decreased expression of several fibrosis-related genes.

CONCLUSION: Injection of hADSCs reduces collagen III expression in a rat model of chronic Peyronies Disease. Castiglione F, Hedlund P, Weyne E, et al. Intratunical Injection of Human Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells Restores Collagen III/I Ratio in a Rat Model of Chronic Peyronie's Disease. Sex Med 2019;7:94-103.
29 years old with injury induced Peyronies Disease - 7 years ago
Straight erections but easy to lose and hard to fill with soft glans
No morning erections
been depressed but not anymore
The biggest problem with my Peyronies Disease is loss of sexual desire.