Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ALL Members PLEASE Add a Signature line with age, history etc
PROFILE -> FORUM PROFILE -> SIGNATURE
More instructions here -> Signature Line - History - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skin thickening of head post circumcision after incision and grafting  (Read 482 times)

MarkDS

• Solid Contributor

Hi all.  It’s been 4 days since my incision and grafting surgery to try and correct an over 90 degree bend.

Part of the operation was circumcision, as recommended by the surgeon. 

I still have lots of swelling and bruising following the surgery, but I also have a change to the head.  The area where the foreskin no longer covers has become quite discoloured and leathery in texture.  I just wondered if this is to be expected?

Peyronie’s started in 2016, resulting in upward curve of around 100 degrees. Incision and grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of over 1 inch, and residual curve of over 40 degrees.  12/2019 had skin anchoring and partial lig cut

TonySa

• Think Tank

It’s calked keratanization and is a result of your glans no longer being protected by the foreskin.  This results in permanent loss of pleasurable sensations as does the severing of many nerves.  Hopefully those reading this in the future will know to find another doc if they recommend circumcision for any peyronies surgery. Im so sorry you have to go through this.
PxD 2 yrs, failed all tx. 9/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3rte

Christopher1

• Major Contributor

I am uncircumcised (born in Europe - currently in the USA) but am considering getting it done. After what happened with Trimix (recommended by a urologist), I have become a bit skeptical of urologists.

Do you recommend against all adult circumcisions?
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + NeoV's stretching routine. Curvature 99% gone. Still have bothersome scar pain. Please message me for a good Peyronies Disease pain cure.

I also recommend an auto CPAP device --> increases REM sleep --> increased nocturnal erection.

pfract

• Think Tank
  • #whateverittakes

I would definitely recommend against. It takes sensitive away, and if you keep a good penile hygiene there's no reason to get rid of it. Some doctors do it with certain surgeries to help with the healing process and avoid complications, but not all...

Bubba dawg

• Loose Cannon/Hot Air - this member posts unreliable information and non-sense

Millions of men in the USA are circumcised. I am circumcised. Took group showers in GYM class. Most everyone was Circumcised. Suffered NO ill effects
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Paolo

• Major Contributor
  • 57 Year old with stable Peyronie's

There is absolutely no logical reason to remove the foreskin, think about it, you are born with a foreskin, IMO it is only (as in most things) when religious connotations dictate such, it is prehistoric and we live, thankfully in more enlightened times, and I might say daily hygiene routines.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”

pfract

• Think Tank
  • #whateverittakes

I couldn't agree more. Funny thing is if somebody is defending female genital mutilation everybody would be up in arms. As for circumcision,  you have men defending it as if it's something necessary that improves your sexual life somehow.

MarkDS

• Solid Contributor

I certainly wouldn’t have got circumcised if I wasn't having surgery, but it is widely recommended to reduce any complications during recovery after “degloving”.

It was not only my surgeon that recommended it.

I am no expert in this field, having never been circumcised or had an penal surgery before, but I’m not intending to go back under the knife, so anything to help the healing process...
Peyronie’s started in 2016, resulting in upward curve of around 100 degrees. Incision and grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of over 1 inch, and residual curve of over 40 degrees.  12/2019 had skin anchoring and partial lig cut

TonySa

• Think Tank

Adults who decide to get circumcised-that’s ones right (I just hope they are fully informed of all the consequences).  Circumcising infants is a completely different issue-and as men they’ll never know the sensitivity they’ve lost.  Find a surgeon who is specialized enough to maintain the foreskin is my suggestion.
PxD 2 yrs, failed all tx. 9/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3rte

Christopher1

• Major Contributor

Thank you for the replies.

And I heard bromelain was good for minimizing inflammation post-surgery. At least - a general surgeon once told me that. I don't think it does anything for Peyronies Disease whatsoever.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + NeoV's stretching routine. Curvature 99% gone. Still have bothersome scar pain. Please message me for a good Peyronies Disease pain cure.

I also recommend an auto CPAP device --> increases REM sleep --> increased nocturnal erection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up