Skin thickening of head post circumcision after incision and grafting

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkDS

Hi all.  It's been 4 days since my incision and grafting surgery to try and correct an over 90 degree bend.

Part of the operation was circumcision, as recommended by the surgeon.  

I still have lots of swelling and bruising following the surgery, but I also have a change to the head.  The area where the foreskin no longer covers has become quite discoloured and leathery in texture.  I just wondered if this is to be expected?

49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure

TonySa

It's calked keratanization and is a result of your glans no longer being protected by the foreskin.  This results in permanent loss of pleasurable sensations as does the severing of many nerves.  Hopefully those reading this in the future will know to find another doc if they recommend circumcision for any peyronies surgery. Im so sorry you have to go through this.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Christopher1

I am uncircumcised (born in Europe - currently in the USA) but am considering getting it done. After what happened with Trimix (recommended by a urologist), I have become a bit skeptical of urologists.

Do you recommend against all adult circumcisions?
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

Pfract

I would definitely recommend against. It takes sensitive away, and if you keep a good penile hygiene there's no reason to get rid of it. Some doctors do it with certain surgeries to help with the healing process and avoid complications, but not all...  

Bubba dawg

Millions of men in the USA are circumcised. I am circumcised. Took group showers in GYM class. Most everyone was Circumcised. Suffered NO ill effects  
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Paolo

There is absolutely no logical reason to remove the foreskin, think about it, you are born with a foreskin, IMO it is only (as in most things) when religious connotations dictate such, it is prehistoric and we live, thankfully in more enlightened times, and I might say daily hygiene routines.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Pfract

I couldn't agree more. Funny thing is if somebody is defending female genital mutilation everybody would be up in arms. As for circumcision,  you have men defending it as if it's something necessary that improves your sexual life somehow.

MarkDS

I certainly wouldn't have got circumcised if I wasn't having surgery, but it is widely recommended to reduce any complications during recovery after "degloving".

It was not only my surgeon that recommended it.

I am no expert in this field, having never been circumcised or had an penal surgery before, but I'm not intending to go back under the knife, so anything to help the healing process...
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure

TonySa

Adults who decide to get circumcised-that's ones right (I just hope they are fully informed of all the consequences).  Circumcising infants is a completely different issue-and as men they'll never know the sensitivity they've lost.  Find a surgeon who is specialized enough to maintain the foreskin is my suggestion.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Christopher1

Thank you for the replies.

And I heard bromelain was good for minimizing inflammation post-surgery. At least - a general surgeon once told me that. I don't think it does anything for Peyronies Disease whatsoever.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

jan.schaller1958

Quote from: TonySa on May 18, 2019, 02:15:32 PM
Adults who decide to get circumcised-that's ones right (I just hope they are fully informed of all the consequences).  Circumcising infants is a completely different issue-and as men they'll never know the sensitivity they've lost.  Find a surgeon who is specialized enough to maintain the foreskin is my suggestion.

Well, I don't think this is an "intactivist" board and we're not here for that. I hate circumcision as much as everyone, not just of infants too, (my two boys are 25, uncircumcised and fine), but of everyone. But, I don't buy this "loss of sexual pleasure" argument. I've known many men circ'd as adults who said sex actually got better afterward, but most say they didn't notice a difference after a few months of the operation, once they recover from the hypersensitivity thing with the glans. (And please don't quote Taylor's cadaver study, or Van Howe, or Bollinger and all the others. You wouldn't like it any more than I if started quoting Brian Morris). If men circ'd as infant don't know what they are missing, then by the same logic, uncircumcised men don't know that they've gained, if anything, or even possibility lost (but I don't believe they have lost anything). It's the same argument either way.  Circ is purely a cosmetic operation and nothing more, so I don't resort to unproven and unprovable "loss of pleasure" claims. Those are based only on a few anecdotes and anecdote are not science. If you've got Peyroines you've got a lot more to worry about that having had a circ. A LOT. Not defending circ, just keeping it real.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

TonySa

Jan, please see my responses to your many other posts re circumcision...circumcision negatively impacts ones degree of sensitivity...many w peyronies can not afford any additional loss of sensitivity.

jan.schaller1958

Quote from: TonySa on February 17, 2020, 11:10:20 AM
Jan, please see my responses to your many other posts re circumcision...circumcision negatively impacts ones degree of sensitivity...many w peyronies can not afford any additional loss of sensitivity.

And there is no additional loss of sensitivity from a circ. That's a myth. And even if it were true, what does it mean? A loss of sexual pleasure (well that's what you are implying)?  

TonySa

I agree, no one should be body shaming someone for having undergone circumcision.

jan.schaller1958

Quote from: TonySa on February 17, 2020, 03:51:20 PM
I agree, no one should be body shaming someone for having undergone circumcision.

Glad to hear you agree on that.