VED usage Studies & Doctors recommendations (or not)

Previous topic - Next topic

fubar

Laddie

I do not know or can say this is true to what most experience .This is just what i have experienced.First peyronies bend and indentions felt no plaque at all.Used ved no problem still know plaques.

Plaque takes time to grow first the scar then the plaque.About 9 to 11 months later i could feel and see plaque in my flacid penis.The deformation starts at the scar.So basically a tough disease to beat.

Fubar

Laddie

Thank you Fubar and Old Man for your responses. My apologies for a late reply in offering that thanks. I travel quite a bit, so I don't visit the forum as often as I should. The VED protocol I use is the one outlined here on the site for three cylinder models and have been doing so for 3-4 months. I try my best to use it daily, but with the aforementioned travel, it's not always do-able. I think the VED use has helped with girth, but not length or curvature. I'm at a 70 percent upward curve now and a slight bend to the left. At least none of the plaques are calcified, so there is the chance for altering them. Fubar, the first plaque started nearly three months after the injury and the second plaque started four months after what may have been a second injury.

The doctor I saw this week is suggesting incision and grafting surgery, as he feels at this point (13 months since the first injury) things are close to stabilizing, and that even if the plaques are not fully stable, incising a still-developing plaque will help prevent it from worsening. He also thinks that with a 70 percent curve, the chances are extremely slim that I will develop a straighter penis without a surgical intervention. He's been focusing on Peyronie's for 30 some years, so I think he's pretty knowledgeable. He'd Dr. Gelbard in Southern California. I had been seeing a Dr. Kim who treated me with Verapamil, Pentox and suggested the VED.

Anyway, no matter if I have the surgery or not, I plan on following the VED protocol as regularly as possible for at least the next year to help with the length and girth (and if I don't have the surgery, with the potential diminishing of the plaques as well). I really don't think the VED worsened things, as I thought may have happened when I posted a month ago. My VED use just happened to coincide with the natural progression of the plaques.

Thanks again for your replies and again, I'm sorry it took so long to acknowledge them.  

KAC

Wow, surgery after 13 months seems awfully fast.  I'm at about 18 months, but it seems to me those plaques are dynamic--changing in size and hardness fairly often.  I had verapamil shots that seemed to aggravate them, and then more recently (with a newly developing plaque) the shots seemed to dissolve it.  Even on a day to day basis, I'm sometimes surprised that it feels different from the day before.  Also, I don't think 70 degrees, especially of an upward curve, needs to prohibit sex at all.  

But I realize there's a lot of variety in our experiences.

I have been curious if many people develop new plaques after surgery. If so, then that probably means there is a root cause that is still effecting the plaque formation--that the plaques themselves are not creating other plaques.

Laddie

I agree, it's pretty fast, so I may delay for a few months and see if my continued use of the VED and Pentox helps. I, too, may have seen an increase of plaques with the verapamil, but am not sure -- especially since my newest plaque has developed two inches away from my injection area. I last had sex when it was around 55 degrees and it was not a pleasant experience for either of us. I never saw the girl again, so I haven't even tried dating as the angle has progressed to this degree.

I do know that using the VED helps tremendously with my overall strength and firmness. I'm hoping it will also help with the plaques.