Anti Depressants

Previous topic - Next topic

jj21

I'm thinking of going on anti depressants. I have been on SSRI's before however suffered very bad erectile dysfunction.

Has anyone here been on any form of anti depressants which have helped a bit and didn't effect their ED ?
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Paolo

Be careful with anti depressants, I was once on Prozac, and absolutely hated it!

You could try Ginkgo Biloba (must contain 24% Flavones, 6% Terpene Lactones) as it (may) lift depression as well as boost blood circulation (think penis)  :)

Also have a read of following https://www.peaktestosterone.com/Depression_Cures.aspx

Good luck Bud  :)
Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Bubba dawg

There are herbal stress combo formulas. Stress can cause depression. There is St Johns Wort Herb for depression. Fish oil. Vitamin D
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

blackdiamond

One of the newer meds called Trintellix although quite expensive is known for its lack of causing ED......as long as you keep the dose reasonable.
62 years old
Onset approx 2012
Treatment-- Xiaflex,VED,Manual stretching, Traction
Started with 75 Degree bend and after all treatment
went to 15 degrees........My Doc was impressed

Pfract

Hey JJ.... If you have the chance, please avoid using those. Not only it causes ed, there is a chance it may cause priapism as well, tho not always.

Good luck with your choice!  

TonySa

If SSRI's have given you ED, ask fir another medication if a different class such as Wellbutrin-rarely causes ED for men.  Don't go without treatment for serious depression be it counseling or RX.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pfract

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/priapism/symptoms-causes/syc-20352005

QuotePrescription medications

Priapism, usually ischemic priapism, is a possible side effect of a number of drugs, including:

Medications injected directly into the penis to treat erectile dysfunction, such as alprostadil, papaverine, phentolamine and others
   Antidepressants, such as fluoxetine (Prozac), bupropion (Wellbutrin), and sertraline
   Alpha blockers including prazosin, terazosin, doxazosin and tamsulosin
   Medications used to treat anxiety or psychotic disorders, such as hydroxyzine, risperidone (Risperdal), olanzapine (Zyprexa), lithium, clozapine, chlorpromazine and thioridazine
   Blood thinners, such as warfarin (Coumadin) and heparin
   Hormones such as testosterone or gonadotropin-releasing hormone
   Medications used to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), such as atomoxetine (Strattera)

#edit: I didn't mean to undermine your comment Tony. People should definitely get their mental health in order. I was just making sure he was aware of this.