Stepone's Implant Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Stepone on December 07, 2021, 05:14:50 PM
Since I have been implanted, I have only felt the valve button click a few times. It is difficult to deflate, as sometimes I have to press the button several times before it will deflate. Then it becomes difficult to squeeze to reset the bulb.

Where did you read or hear that the Titan "one Touch" is supposed to click?  That is news to me.

This is how my Titan "One-Touch" works.  First of all, we all know that the name is one of the most absurd misnomers on the planet.  If we touched a person as forcefully as we have to "touch " our deflate button, we would be charged with forcible assault.

As I recall, it was three months of cycling before I ever got my deflate button to stay open without holding it while I deflated with the other hand.
Now I press the deflate button very hard for at least 2-3 full seconds.
Then I can choose to let it deflate as it will over the course of 5 -30 minutes.  I can immediately know if I got the valve to stay open by giving the pump a moderate squeeze.  It has much more resistance for that first pump, so if I feel the resistance, I know it is open, and I refrain from squeezing it enough to close the valve.
IF I want to rapidly deflate I would use one or two hands to squeeze my penis.  While that is important in the early months, I seldom do that at this point.

Titan recommends that when deflated, you make that first hard initial squeeze to reset the valve.  This gives extra prevention against auto-inflation and has you ready for the next inflation. However, I seldom do that since I have little auto inflation, and if I do have any, one squeeze of the penis deflates it again because the valve is still locked open.

Stepone, I take it you are saying that a very hard 3-second squeeze does NOT lock your deflate valve open.  Even if that is true, it is not a huge deal.  I know men who have never locked their Titan valve open.  It only requires the two-handed deflations where you squeeze the deflate button with one hand and the penis with the other hand.  It might be a minor inconvenience but has no functional impact.

The other thing you seem to say almost sounds contradictory - that you do lock the valve open, and the initial squeeze to reset the valve is difficult.  After locking the valve open, that initial squeeze is supposed to be at least twice as hard as the squeezes to inflate.

Unless you are experiencing a level of difficulty significantly beyond what I described, I would not be concerned.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Stepone

Well I guess i never heard a click, or was more like felt a click, or maybe I just imagined it, LOL.

Thanks for the information, perhaps I have not been holding it long enough. I tried the 3 second hold and it seems to work better. I think I might have only been doing a one second squeeze.

After locking the valve open, that initial squeeze is supposed to be at least twice as hard as the squeezes to inflate. It is, that's how I can tell if I have it open. If i squeeze and it easily pumps, I know it's not open yet, so I will repeat the squeeze. It never feels like the same process every time, but maybe that's just me.

All is good.
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

Hawk

Quote from: Stepone on December 09, 2021, 01:20:24 PM
It never feels like the same process every time, but maybe that's just me.

Stepone, try to be consistent in hand placement, length of the squeeze, everything until there are no variables.  I learned years ago that if some aspect of a shooting course on the firing range or a section of music on guitar was awkward or difficult that you repeat that action until it mentally clicks.

I would do 5 half inflation, deflate in succession and immediately repeat.  Don't wait a day or until you have sex.  Get a week of practice in a matter 15 minutes.  If it still feels less than second-nature, do it again later that day.  Repeat this daily until that aspect of the procedure can be done without a thought.

I think it will resolve that feeling of never being quite certain what is going on and whether it went exactly as it should go.

Best wishes!

AverageBloke

Hey StepOne,

I was recently implanted with a 22cm Titan OTR. I also received plication like you to fix my torsion. I have some questions for you that would be really helpful for me if you don't mind answering them:

1) Did your implant surgeon remove your plication sutures or did he leave them in?

2) When you began cycling did you rip out your plication sutures at all or are they still present?

3) I noticed you have some issues with auto inflation and deflating, how long were you inflated for after surgery?

4) When did you start cycling after surgery?
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

Stepone

Sure glad to help
1. I had my plication surgery two years before the implant surgery. But he left the sutures in, stating that they would dissolve.
3. The auto inflation problem was human error on my part. I don't seem to have the problem after following Hawk's recommendation.
4. I started cycling 1 week after surgery, it was very painful, but I did it.
Hope this helps
Congratulations, time really does heal. You being young should have more rapid healing.
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

AverageBloke

Quote from: Stepone on April 10, 2022, 06:32:07 PM
Sure glad to help
1. I had my privation surgery two years before the implant surgery. But he left the sutures in, stating that they would dissolve.
3. The auto inflation problem was human error on my part. I don't seem to have the problem after following Hawk's recommendation.
4. I started cycling 1 week after surgery, it was very painful, but I did it.
Hope this helps
Congratulations, time really does heal. You being young should have more rapid healing.
StepOne

Thanks for your response StepOne, it was very helpful.

All the best
Peyronie's Disease
Titan Touch 22cm - Dr Clavell 06/04/22

Stepone

So I had taken a shower this morning, and as I looked at my implanted penis, I thought about something I didn't recall being discussed.
So when my cylinders are completely flat, the cylinders are next to each other but standing vertically.
I remember when I first started out with squeezing the cylinders, sometimes they would be more horizontal, like a pile of pancakes. In this position, my penis looked very fat, and the head was nearly the same thickness. Now, when looking down at my penis, it looks thin with a big head.
If I look at it from the side, it looks thick.
Also, because the two cylinders are flat but side by side, it acts like two flattened stars but vertically, and therefore my penis doesn't bend down a lot.
I am not sure if this makes sense, but I am wondering if some guys have a penis that has cylinders flattened with one on top of another....... I would think this would allow the penis to hang more naturally.
It really doesn't bother me, but as I said, it caused me to question this.
StepOne  

Hawk

When 100% deflated, if my penis were extended straight out, my left cylinder is flat with the edge on the top and bottom parallel to the wall. My right cylinder is flat on an angle.  It used to be parallel to the floor but is not quite so now.

I think you are right, however.  If the cylinders are flat parallel to the wall, they resist bending down and will more readily bend side to side.  I am sure those without an implant are totally lost on what we are trying to say :)

PS:  I edited your post.  You used the terms "tubing" and "tubes".  I was certain you meant cylinders, and I did not want others to be confused.  If I was wrong let me know, and I will change it back

Stepone

Hawk,
Thanks for your edits.
It seems my mini-strokes are making my word selection sometimes ineffective.
I have a question about when they do the implants.
I understand when they implant the cylinders, how do they stitch the implanted cylinder into the gland, how do they select the location of the tips?
Or maybe they don't ?
Or maybe it makes no difference?
StepOne