how long before curve starts?

Previous topic - Next topic

paully8541

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to read this.  After a night of drinking and trying to impress the girlfriend with round 3 for the day...i went soft during, didn't think much about it. had some sensitivity next day. Haven't gotten fully hard since. That was 3 weeks ago.I get semi-hard, but that's it. No bruising, or very apparent swelling.No prior history of ED problems.  I went to the Urologist today and he ordered an MRI. He noticed some swelling after an exam around the midpoint of my shaft. I can feel it too. If i had to describe it, its like there is a soft, thin, rubber ring going around the shaft of my penis at approximate mid point. No veins sticking out...so i don't think its Mondors. I have no curve, but havent been hard to know.Any thoughts on this would put greatly appreciated. I've learned more on this site, than countless hours of searching on google, and am glad to have found it.

Questions:
1) How long before the curve sets in?
2) Is the curve there when flaccid or just hard?
3) What will an MRI be able to tell the Doctor?
4) Any supplements or things i should be doing wile waiting the 6 week to have my test results read back to me?

I think the worst part is the waiting and not knowing whats going on?

Thanks again Fellas

42 years old
BP- 140/90
5'8" 175lbs

tonyode

Paully...its different with everyone. I don't recall having an injury during sex. My pain started in the spring, last April, may. It wasn't bad, I wasn't sure what was going on, figured it was not a big deal. It came and went. But only during erections. But then I had a two week stretch around July where I had some pretty uncomfortable pain throughout the day, even when flaccid. Then that pain went away. I started to notice a bit of a curve and indentation in August. But nothing alarming. Didn't think anything of it. But then it did progress the next few months. Then it was like overnight when it really showed the indentation and curve. When I went to the doc in late fall, I had a 55 degree bend and the indentation was very evident and also created an hing like affect to easy bend. So, if you look at my timeline, there was about a 6-8 month process. But if you read on here, everyone seems to experience something different.
As for you, sounds like you don't yet even have a diagnosis. From what you explain, I am not sure it is even peyronies. Maybe just an injury, possible fracture? IDK. Most docs usually just do an ultrasound to check for the plaque buildup. Haven't read too many who had MRI's. But MRI's are much more reliable, obviously. SO I would think when you get that, it will show whats going on. So I wouldn't go getting ahead of the game yet until you know exactly whats going on.
As far as supplements, prescription Pentox( I am on) is something that docs usually prescribe and there are bunch of other OTC supplements you can take as well. But again, I would wait until you know exactly whats going on after the tests. Good luck!
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

paully8541

Thank you for the reply Tony. I appreciate your thoughtful response and insight.
42 years old
BP- 140/90
5'8" 175lbs

tonyode

You are very welcome Paully. This is a great site. It has helped me out tremendously in many ways. Just nice to be able to talk with others going through similar things. You did good getting to the doc as soon as possible. Wish I had done it sooner. But I things are now going in a positive direction for me. The key for me was finding a good doc. The first one I went to, I was not happy. He basically blew me off and told me to come back in 6 months. That wasn't good enough. So I did the research and found a doc who deals with peyronies. So make sure you are comfortable with your Doc and his experience. To me, that is biggest thing when dealing with this disease that not many people are aware of, including many Uro's themselves.  
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

Stepone

About 6 years ago, I suffered a similar injury, during a marathon sex day, my partner moved and my penis bent. Nothing happened right away, but after a few days, there was a bruise. After a few weeks, I noticed a slight indentation on the one side, then it started bending to the left. It always had a slight curve, but after about 6 months, it was a 90 degree bend. I went to 2 bad urologists that said there was nothing they could do, I tried massaging my penis and forcefully bending it the other way, but sex was becoming impossible and now it was hinging at the indentation, meaning it would like bend more. I finally found a good urologist that did surgery and fixed the bend and the hinge, but I lost about 1.5 inches in length and .5 in girth.
I am planning on a implant now, but my thought is if I had done it back then, I could have preserved my length and girth, but that's done.
I have Peyronies Disease and even now, I am starting to get another bend.
Hindsight is crazy, but checking around with various urologists is a good thing. Keep all your options open.
I later found out that my dad and brother had Peyronies Disease. I wish they had told me. Its sad guys don't talk about their equipment like women do, LOL.
That's why I like this site, I have learned a lot.
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

paully8541

Appreciate the reply. I hope head this off before it gets too far along. "head" this off...bad pun.  
42 years old
BP- 140/90
5'8" 175lbs