My Plication 2019

Previous topic - Next topic

MDgerard

Good evening gents,

Backstory- I am an ER nurse who a year ago injured my penis while having sex with my wife. At the time I didn't think it was so bad (one of our kids tried to open the bedroom door and POW my wife and I had a my penis vs her pelvic bone accident...and her bone won.) Over the course of the next year my penis started to curve... I saw a urologist who put me on pentox (did nothing) and after I stabilized at about 9 months referred me to a surgeon at about a year post injury. My curve about 70-90 degrees preventing me from enjoying sex with my wife. With a butt ton of lube I could barely fit my penis in my wife... It was awful. I'm 41 and I have no other health problems. After a surgery with Dr Kirk Anderson with Sutter Health downtown Sacramento he went over my surgery options. I read a lot about penile plication and loss of length but this was NOT my experience with this surgeon. He told me 0.5-1.5 cm loss could be a side effect from surgery but that he has never had a length complaint post surgery. I.am 4 weeks out of surgery with zero complications and my penis at most lost 0.25cm which is nothing. I can't wait to hit the 6 week mark to enjoy sex with my wife again. I read a lot of horror stories on many sites and I can only tell you guys it was an awesome experience and I can't wait to have a normal sex life again. I think the surgeries need more people to talk about them after because techniques have changed since all the 2007-2011 studies which are all over the internet. Listen to your urologist. Grafting could mean Erectile Dysfunction (about 1/3) which really ruins spontaneous sex. I welcome any questions and know that once you stabilize a good surgeon will fix you right. There is light at the end of this tunnel and you will feel normal again. Love to all of you going through this; there is light at the end of the tunnel even with severe curves. Just thought you guys could use some positive surgery feedback
as most never return to the board after they are better.

(don't hesitate to ask any questions; this was a journey)

Matthew

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Are you saying you had plication and your post surgery length was not shortened to the length of the shorter side (inside curve) before the surgery?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

MDgerard

Quote from: TonySa on March 22, 2019, 05:30:41 PM
Are you saying you had plication and your post surgery length was not shortened to the length of the shorter side (inside curve) before the surgery?

I only see very mild shortening... I have no idea what he did to keep length but he was true to his word when he said 0.5-1.5 cm. Techniques have come a long way. Add Dr Anderson to the list of completely awesome surgeons. To go from my degree of curve to straight with what I can only estimate about a 0.25cm-0.35? reduction in length is insane. I would recommend him to anyone. He will use your circumcision line (if applicable) and I really do not think there will be a noticeable scar. To have a normal looking straight penis again is amazing. I realize there are bad experiences with all the different surgeries but I wanted to give a positive story as to how normal I feel now. I have no idea what he did to keep original length; like I said there is only a tiny difference compared to my pre-injury length. I did not do injections... I did take vitamin E. I had zero sensory loss... Feels like it always did. My wife can't even notice a change but I can tell it's super slightly smaller in length. I'm still healing right now as well so I cannot have sex yet. I do not feel any palpable stitches on touch. I didn't have a choice of surgery vs none as I could barely have sex with my wife. My surgery was amazing and I  cannot wait to have a full on normal sex life again. I only joined here to tell everyone how wonderful my experience was. I read a lot of posts on this board especially of people who just started their journey in this messed up ride. Be proactive; don't fall for gimmicks; get to your endgame as soon as you can.

So in short did it shorten my penis?
Yes
Was it enough to notice?
No
Would I recommended this surgeon and surgery?
Absolutely

Apologies for any typos... Autocorrect hates me

DaveyJones

Thanks so much for the positive outlook. I've been thinking of plication surgery also, especially after reading up on some of the new techniques. It does seem that there has been a lot of improvement in technique recently. The one thing I'm still not clear on is how often this is covered by insurance, and if not, then how much does plication surgery cost (generally). Do you have any insight on this?

Stepone

How are you doing?
Would like to hear how you are doing and your progress with your surgery.
Thanks  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC