Penile Suspensory Ligament causing erectile disfunction?

Previous topic - Next topic

boomerang

The Penile Suspensory Ligament holds the penis up
But when it becomes scarred and shortened it causes
an upward banana bend.
Because the outer skin on the penis is not fully stretched
it is not tight enough to restrict the return of blood from the penis
thus it is difficult to maintain an erection.
Any penile curvature will cause erectile disfunction and shortening.

Blood returns via the veins just under the skin of the penis.

I sugest that lower dose Xiaflex injections aling the while length will weaken
the ligament allowing it to be more readily permanently stretched using VED
or peniles stretchers.

It is not ideal to break or cut the ligament because nerve damage may occur.

Using Xiaflex to weaken the ligament should be the way to go.
This will also allow the penis to return to its full length and maintain
proper erectile function.

Comments?

TonySa

I don't believe xiaflex has any use for suspensory
Ligament treatment.  Where did u hear this?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

The suspensory ligament cannot cause a curve because it does not extend down the penis.  It only extends to the base.  Even if it were shortened, it would only tilt the penis higher and maybe pull a slight bit of the penis base back into the body. In theory, it can cause Erectile Dysfunction but in actuality it is uncommon.  

Also, It is NOT a tight skin that compresses veins to maintain an erection.  The arteries dilate to allow blood to flow in at a high rate and the ischiocavernosus and bulbospongiosus muscles contract to reduce the rate of venous outflow.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

boomerang

The penile suspensory ligament has to run from the pubic bone area to the the lower part of the Glans.  It runs along inside the top half of the penis.
Hence when it is scarred and shortened it causes an upward bend.
This is the only way it can possibly work mechanically.
Nothing else would work to hold the penis up.
When it is shortened by scarring the outer skin of the penis is not stretched enough to compress the outer veins. The outer veins let the blood flow out of the penis. Arteries let the blood in and the compressed  veins restrict the blood from leaking out and losing the erection.
Weakening the long suspensory ligament with Xiaflex may well work because scar tissue is made mainly of collagen.
No one has tried this because they have no idea how the penis works.
This explains why penis curvature causes erectile disfunction.
You need to do a lot of research like me to find these things out.
The treatment I am suggesting  could help all peyroineis sufferers.
And dupytren's and ledderhose sufferers too.
These are related diseases of the hands and feet.

Check out why scar tissue is less flexible and made of collagen.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scar

Xiaflex may be useful for removing other scars too!

Hawk

There is no confusion or debate on scar tissue characteristics.

The disagreement is that a shortened PSL attaches to the Tunica right behind the glans.  It does not.  The origin is the pubis and the inception is the base of the tunica barely beyond the body.  Since the main penile vein runs in this area a malformation could, in theory, cause some Erectile Dysfunction but it will not curve the top of the penis.  That is a scaring of the tunica not the PSL.

From a penile surgical sight: "The suspensory ligament bridges between the symphysis pubis and the tunica albuginea of the corpus Cavernosum and goes around the dorsal vein of the penis. The suspensory ligament maintains the base of the penis in front of the pubis"

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Sten1

"Two men in the present series presented with venogenic ED. Concomitant abnormalities of the PSL were diagnosed where palpable gaps were present. Previous studies showed that defects in the PSL could be a cause of ED [4]. One mechanism that could account for this is that the PSL circumscribes the dorsal vein of the penis in its course, thus a functional PSL might be part of the veno‐occlusion mechanism required for the process of erection. In the present series, the ED in both patients resolved after surgery."

David J Ralph, St Peter's Hospital and Institute of Urology, 48 Riding House Street, London W1P 7
41 years old. Penis fracture in February. Surgery. After fracture - normal erections. Until July. Shock wave - after that I lost my NTE. After Shock waves the PDE5 didnt work.
2020 - already without depression, I'm just trying to get on the right way

Dudu

Where can we find this article?  If possible send the link
21 y, Congenital curve 18 ° to the left
Thickened plate, left cavernous, mid-axis to glans, unchanged curve
Symptom: difficulty in maintaining erection, soft glans, discomfort in the plaque in a flaccid state
Treat: 1 garlic per day, traction, VED