Postoperative vacuum therapy following AMS™ LGX 700® inflatable penile implant

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfract

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30745567

And here it is gentleman... Proof of one of the hottest subjects when it comes to penile implants. This is beyond the final frontier. Amazing!

Comments?  

TonySa

Ok, but no comparison to those who underwent implant w no post procedure VED?  How does this tell us anything other than length and girth was improved post implant?  Or, am I missing something?  I think this is a very important question and wish it would be addressed directly by a study,
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pfract

You are right Tony. It does not in fact compare to a control group. I do however still find it relevant, because:

-you can see that there was a median increase on penile length
-it is mentioned by doctors on a medical paper that they used post of VED rehabilitation protocol

We can now more confidently show this to people in the board that go through penile implant procedure and complain of size loss or want to further improve their outcome.

I did see pictures of guys using it on their inflated implant before, and also heard about it as well what some doctors recommended it. Besides that slide of the ''ams inflation instructions'' where they briefly mention this, I haven't seen anywhere else good info about it.

By the way, I got the full medical article paper in pdf and I can share with you if you want. Going to give it a thorough read when I get the chance.

curved

Interesting!!! In a conversation with a Uro surgeon I asked him about VED post implant and he thought it might help but didn't know of any studies to reference.  For what it is worth he was a fan of coloplast vs AMS if one had Peyronies (like I do) because of seemingly stronger rigidity when inflated but he has used AMS when warranted and was not trying to discourage AMS as a great product.  I have surgery scheduled next week with Dr. Eid and will ask him about post surgery VED but I recall him saying that it really wouldn't  do much good and what is most important is to start cycling asap to maximize length.
51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

Pfract

That would be nice as well. I think he advises against it, but not sure. There are some guys saying their surgeons said there was a risk of bursting the cylinders....  

curved

51 yrs old; diagnosed 3.5 yrs ago; 90 degree upward bend
But I had no ED
tried all pills, VED, traction, Xiaflex PRP, ESWT, H-100 & stem cells; IF diet. implant surgery with Dr. Eid 3/28/19
to correct deformity - 20 CM Titan 2cm RTE / 1 cm RTE

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

I do NOT believe anyone has ever or will ever burst Titan cylinders using a VED.  I could believe they could stress the tubing from the base of the VED pressing firmly into the pubic pad and scrotum.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

Hawk

Another thought on the VED.  

Dr. Eid told me that men could use the VED if dissatisfied with the level of glans engorgement.  He even said I could use the flat washer type rings that come with a Vacurect.

The following is my speculation based on logic and not anything I know from studies or medical opinion:
I seriously doubt that there is enough fluid in the reservoir to bust Titan cylinders even if it was outside of the penis.  Even if there is enough fluid, the pressure would be far more than a man could tolerate ESPECIALLY because the VED would draw blood into the cavernosa chambers around the cylinders thus tending toward equalizing the pressure on each side of the cylinder walls.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums