Advances in implants/will they work for fibrosis? - Split from Wake Forest topic

Previous topic - Next topic

Patientxyz1992

Im sorry hawk for your strugge,what do you guys think about the implant which is operated on sensors and impulses,you start getting horny implant grows,that would be as same as natural dick,i hope someone doesent get triggerd but it seems to me this is more probable than regrowing,sorry for going offtopic but  .....
29 years old with injury induced Peyronies Disease - 7 years ago
Straight erections but easy to lose and hard to fill with soft glans
No morning erections
been depressed but not anymore
The biggest problem with my Peyronies Disease is loss of sexual desire.

TonySa

Hopefully implants will continue to evolve.  Unfortunately the market is declining so less market incentive (less implants sold now than In previous years).
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Keith Walts

This might not be the place to ask and I don't want to de-rail the topic but since a few of you guys in this thread seem to have a lot of experience with implants, can they theoretically cure Corporal Fibrosis or are they more of a thing for Peyronie's?

23, symptoms started at 21
Hard Flaccid
Lost around .5 in girth and 1.5 in length
Two ultrasounds found "Mild Corporal Fibrosis"
Bad dents and non healing bruising
please PM any treatments that helped your corporal fibrosis/bruising

Hawk

Keith,

That is a great question.  I ask that you post it in the implant board under the ED section.  I will delete your post here in a day or so so this topic does not drift further
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

Hi KeIth, yes implants are one of the treatment options for corporal fibrosis.  I'll see if I can find the article I was reading to that.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

TonySa

Keith Walts

Thanks guys, sorry for posting it in the wrong thread.

So 15 years for the Wake Forest thing best case scenario? Oof  :-\
23, symptoms started at 21
Hard Flaccid
Lost around .5 in girth and 1.5 in length
Two ultrasounds found "Mild Corporal Fibrosis"
Bad dents and non healing bruising
please PM any treatments that helped your corporal fibrosis/bruising

Werther

Quote from: Patientxyz1992 on March 09, 2019, 11:46:51 AM
i must say that even if implants are not perfect solution they are superior to anything else and personaly if i wouldnt have usable erection i would go with implant asap,if your leg somehow got choped off would you wait 20 years so maybe technology would replace it or would you put prosthetic on and start running?

If you had severe clinical depression, ocd, schizophrenia or parkinson unresponsive to drugs would you go for a brain implant?

Things are not as plain and simple as someone here try to make it sound. It sounds obvious to me but apparently it isn't for a lot of other people. Prosthesises are crappy  regardless of what they are (teeth, eyes, dick, etc.), being just a botched attempt to imitate what nature gives us. They can be a good compromise when life deals you bad cards but this doesn't mean that it's alway like that. Getting dick-implanted when you're 80 years old isn't comparable at all with gettin the same treatment if you're in your 20's. It's the same for other prosthetic procedures. If you can't see this, you're just blind.

Anyhow I can't yet understand why people are still comparing a develpomental procedure to another currently available one (i.e. the implant) on this thread. This is OT: if anybody want to talk about penile implants there are appropriate sections on this forum (not this one).

Hawk

Werther, you would be correct I suppose IF anyone was considering or promoting a prothesis dick to replace their dick.  To my knowledge, no such thing exists unless you want to count the silicone packers some trans-gender people stuff in their pants.

We are discussing implants which are a component to engorge the cavernosa chambers of your existing natural dick.  A HUGE DIFFERENCE.  It is far closer to replacing a valve in your heart, a lens in your eye after surgery, or a vein in your leg, or a filling in your tooth.  Actually, that isn't even accurate since it is more like augmentation in a natural breast. All of your original dick is still there.

Also, I think you have apparently never communicated with a 20-year-old with an implant.  If you had they would tell you that it is awesome.  Age has little to do with it since teenagers have implants.

Hawk

Quote from: TonySa on March 09, 2019, 12:33:25 PM
Hopefully implants will continue to evolve.  Unfortunately the market is declining so less market incentive (less implants sold now than In previous years).

Tony, what is your reference for that statement?

Werther

Quote from: Hawk on March 09, 2019, 02:05:36 PM
We are discussing implants which are a component to engorge the cavernosa chambers of your existing natural dick.  A HUGE DIFFERENCE.  It is far closer to replacing a valve in your heart, a lens in your eye after surgery, or a vein in your leg, or a filling in your tooth.  Actually, that isn't even accurate since it is more like augmentation in a natural breast. All of your original dick is still there.

These examples sound like simplicistic comparisons in my opinion.

You're not taking into account the fact that a surgery of this kind brings a lot more psychological burdens to people that are in their sexual prime compared to people who've already had years of sexual experience (i.e. older people).

I think this is a fact and I can't see how it can get totally ignored and dismissed.

And BTW, if we're making examples, current brain implants - my example - don't involve brain's replacement: so, if it was your only option, would you still get such surgery?

QuoteAlso, I think you have apparently never communicated with a 20-year-old with an implant

I'd like to. I really do and I'm not being ironic.

As a matter of fact however I haven't been able to communicate with anyone in their 20s who received an implant on this board.

TonySa

Hawk

Werhter, the answer is yes I would.  If I had epilepsy or depression that could not be resolved and an electrode implanted in my brain would give me my life back I would do it in a minute.

Werther, I personally like you and prefer it when we agree but I cannot get my head around your thinking on this.  I do not feel my age has ANYTHING to do with my point of view.  I have spoken to young men that had implants that feel just as I do.  We have men right on this board that are 29 or 30 with an implant.  You are speaking from what you imagine a 25-year-old would feel, not from experience and not even from second-hand information that you got from talking to them.  It is like a black woman trying to tell me she knows what it is like to be a white man.  You can imagine or pretend to yourself that you know but everyone on this forum who has an implant disagrees with you and they have had dicks both with and without implants.  You have not had their experience and cannot but imagine.  

I am convinced if you woke up with a healed 3-month old implant in you tomorrow and it was pumped up you could not tell any difference in your dick.  If you had it for 3 days I think you would give up a kidney before you would give up that implant regardless of your age.  In fact the younger you were the less likely you would give it up. While I could survive if forced to without my implant now, I would have sacrificed almost anything to keep it if I were in my 20's or 30's.  Now, at least I know the nuances of intimacy, foreplay, including the mind as a sex organ.  I was even more dependent on an erect penis in my 20's.

Werther

Hawk, I know that you're in good faith but I'm not able to change my opinion on this.

Besides we're talking about a non reversible surgery and as you say in America "all sales are final": if I got implanted and I wouldn't like the feeling of being implanted there would be no chance for me to get back to the pre-implant state; in fact, even if I got all of the components removed, my dick would be unusable and most of all uneligible for any other kind of treatment. I'd simply be stuck with it against my own will.

Then, let's be honest, you can see by yourself how lots and lots of people are uncomfortable with the current treatments for peyronie's (not only implants but all kinds of straightening surgeries too). You just have to take a look at the "psychological component" section of this forum. If surgery (whatever it may be) really was the gold standard for peyronie's, nobody would have anything to complain of because there would always be a solution.

The fact is that you have to take into account a lot of other variabilities beyond the disease itself to tell if someone might be ok or not with some kind of medical treatment. Among these variabilities there's the age but there are several others too. That's why the fact that someone or lots of guys were ok with penile implants (or nesbit, or stage, etc.) doesn't mean that everybody will be ok with these treatments. The same is for other medical conditions. This is not only peyronies' related.

Xehonart

Ok im 30 just got my implant done on march 7 by one of the best in the world. For me i had no choice as my dick is only retaining 80 to 85% of the blood flow due to peyronies. I would of done it years ago if i knew implants existwd and what they actually are. Basically my dick will be the same and feel the same. I can get it hard but not hard enough. Ill cum the same and everything. Only difference is ill have some tubes that no one will notice. And a small pump in my balls. Big deal. Ill have to give it some pumps that ill master that will take me 30 seconds. At least after im done healing if everything goes as planned ill be able to have sex without stressing about it. Ill have peace of mind. Wont have depression. Ill have my confidence back. Ive missed out on no joke 100's of girls do to peyronies. Its affected every aspect of my life. So its not just the sex part but me being able to live normally and now i can live happy and to my full potential. Imo like i was people arnt educated enough on an implant. I think a better word can be used. Maybe something like an erection assistant device or something like that. Anyways instead of trying all these other treatments which most wont work why not contemplate an implant. It doesn't matter how old u are. Its just important to have a working dick. And the sooner the better. Besides there are many advantages of having an implant over a normal dick. One being u can get harder than amyone else at will. U can also last longer even after u cum. Basically youre a sex machine. Im gonna do research when i am able to start F^@$!ng again on how girls think about it. Im sure most wont care. The one girl who knows about my peyronies and knows about my implant i just got said she doesnt care. Just as long as im happy. Anwyays care to ask me any questions as i am one of the younger guys with an implant now. Also dr eid told me hes done one for a 17 year old. Heck he told me he did one for a college student just not long ago either. Hes basically savings all our lives so we can live normally. In my case im tired of being depressed and being given false hope by dumb urologists who dont really give a crap about my livelyhood. Im a really succesfull entrepreneur already and think ive been working unmotivated for the last 7 years. So imagine now how strong and how much better ill become. Anyways i want to help educate guys especially the young ones about implants. And help them to get over the mental depression that comes along with ed and what not
30 years old - single. Peyronies 7 years. VI with slight improvement. Not allowed xiaflex - not enough curve. Maintaining blood flow pressure is the problem.
Solution. 22 cm Titan march 7 Dr.Eid. time to go on a legendary F^@$!ng spree.