Diagnosed yesterday

Previous topic - Next topic

shaddyK

Hey there,

I am 37 years old and one month ago during sex my penis bent under missed penetration, it went flacid soon after but no real pain until the next day or two. For three weeks there was very little indication of any damage, very little pain, no swelling, just an inability to get an erection.
When I finaly did get an erection through hard stimulation, there was swelling in the middle of the shaft and the erection died pretty quickly. There was also a lump on the top of my penis.

I went to three different doctors who all brushed it off as something that would fix itself within a few weeks and they refused to refer me to a Urologist.
The next time I managed to summon an erection I noticed that it curved slightly upwards, so I paid to see a Urologist who diagnosed me with Peyronies yesterday, he wasn't the most knowledgeable on peyronies, after one evening of reading this forum I seemed to know more than he did and I had to ask for a prescription of Pentoxifylline.

As I am only 1 month after the injury that caused my peyronies and early in the acute phase, what are the best treatments at such an early stage?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

tonyode

First, find a urologist who knows and or specializes in peyronies. There are many that do not know much on this disease. I went to one who basically blew me off. I then hopped on the net to research and find one in my area.  Secondly, look up what supplements you can start taking asap that can help slow down/stop the progression as well as any pain you maybe experiencing. There are area's on this forum that have a list of supplements such as vit 3, Cq10,..to name just a couple that can be helpful. I personally take probably 10 different supplements. I just started couple months back so can't give you any feedback one way or the other. But there are studies out there that say doing combinations of treatments instead of just one treatment, have shown to help.  There are some who say treatment should not be started soon. I disagree as do many others. Any treatment you can do at this point, should be started asap. The uro can even give you a prescription for pentox that has shown to help with some people (not all). This forum has a wealth of information as do many experienced members. Please keep in mind, there is no quick fix. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck!
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

TonySa

Shadyk, be sure to start by reading the survival guide if you haven't already.  I'd consider adding a low dose daily PDE5i and traction or VED.  Peyronies Survival Guide - Information for New Members - Peyronies Society Forums
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Stepone

Just read about the Peyronies Diagnosis.
It's hard to believe, but some Urologists still don't get it.
I had to visit 4 urologists in 2015, before I could find one that actually knew what was going on. I had to drive 5 hours to see him.
I eventually found out there were urologists that treated Peyronies Disease not too far from me, but they were not easy to find until.......
I started calling the nurses and asking them if the urologist treated Peyronies Disease, if she said yes, then I googled the doctor to find out if they really did a lot or if they simply knew what the disease was.
Sadly Peyronies Disease is still not a widely discussed disease, but its getting there.
Keep hunting for a good doctor that treats it.
If you need help, let me know the city and state you live near and I or others on this site can try to find someone for you.

Keith
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC