Abnormal Nocturnal Erections

Previous topic - Next topic

quasar

I'm starting a new post since I have not found any info about this on the forum.

About 2 months before I developed peyronie's I started having intense nocturnal erections that would last for hours on end. I thought this was a good thing considering I'm 42 and my normal morning wood was waning.
I've been in the acute peyronie's stage for about 6 months now and I'm still getting these abnormal nighttime erections. Now that I have peyronie's it's painful as well. I'll wake up and wait for it to go down but then as soon as I fall asleep it's hard again. This goes on all night long. It's distressing because I'm afraid it's doing more damage. I told both my primary care doc and my urologist about it and they think it's strange but don't know how to help me. My uro just said to masterbate before bed. It actually does help a little but I'm still getting erections for about 3 hours before the morning. This is not normal. Even when I was a teenager I never had this experience. It definitely seems like something is wrong.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience and if so what did you do about it.

A little background- peyronie's runs in my family. My dad has it along with a couple other guys in my family that we know of. My dad can't remember if you had the same experience since it's been many years since his peyronie's developed.

Again if anyone has any info about this it would be much appreciated.

LWillisjr

I don't know what is causing your night time erections, but I don't think it is causing any further damage. But I understand the pain issue. I remember when I went through the active phase of this disease and had pain with my erections. It is because your erection is fighting against the tissue that is causing the curve. I went through 6-8 weeks this way and then the pain went away. (But the curve didn't)  :(
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

quasar

Thanks for your input LWillisjr! I hope you are right and it's not causing more damage. It seems like it's linked to the peyronies since they started around the same time.  

NeoV

This sounds like a form of priapism. My father has this as well and he has had Peyronie's all his life.
I had this once when I was very ill and my Peyronie's was at its worst, and some other men have it here on these forums.

Pfract

Are you suffering from priapism? Do you have any medical condition? Sickle cell anemia? How long do those night time erections last? Do they go down?  

quasar

Thanks NeoV. I'll talk to my doc about it. I have an appointment next Tuesday.

pfract- I don't think I have any medical condition that is contributing to this. The night time erections last a long time sometimes many hours. I'll wake myself up to make them go down. But then I'm pretty sure it activates again soon after I fall asleep.

quasar

Also NeoV- When you and your dad had it did you do anything to correct it?

Rengar

I have this thing going on for several years now. Have you found a drug to relieve these symptoms?

KAC

I had something similar when I first developed peyronies. I thought it was because I was taking some new supplements that improved blood flow. It remember sometimes needing to get out of bed and stand up for them to go away. I worried about them going on for so long for a while but I remember asking people here. In the end I decided not to worry about them. They didn't seem to do any harm.

Juan

I also had long and very hard rock night erections without pain about 1 or 2 months before I started with the painfull erections and curve.

Now I'm 3 weeks in the acue phase and having painfull erections but not so long than before. I recently gave up finasteride and started with arginine so I guess this can be the explanation for current night erections.

I'm 38. I'm not taking ciais nor pentox as my uro and GP don't prescribe. I'm thinking on getting pentox from any other sorce.
39 yo. Onset Oct/20. 25º dorsal bend 1cm before glans + high erection angle.
Pentoxifiline 400x3. Tadalafil 2,5. Vit E, D3, K2. Zinc.Omega3. Ubiquinol. ALCAR.
Traction with PMP.

Juan

Jan thanks for the advice.
I'd like to try pentoxifiline but my uro doesn't prescribe it to me.
Any advice to get it?
Pentoxifiline 400x3. Tadalafil 2,5. Vit E, D3, K2. Zinc.Omega3. Ubiquinol. ALCAR.
Traction with PMP.

randombrowndude94

Did your uro recommend any other medications?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Juan

Absolutely nothing. Just wait and see.

However I'm already taking by my own oral supplements and today will order somacorrect.
Traction with PMP.

Xavier99

I had super weird erections at night during acute .. sometimes the head would point down a little even though I have a lateral curve.. sometimes the base would get super hard but the top narrow part was SUPER narrow.. my head was almost shrunken ha. I had to masturbate constantly do just make sure it wasn't stuck that way. Now the pain is gone and my night erections look better but still have 10-15 degree bend and some narrowing. Took my about 6 months for all the pain to go away.. by 5 months is was subsiding  
35 yrs old
Onset 05/01/20 diagnosed 05/14/20. Taking Pentox, trental, multivitamin, Zoloft & Tylenol
Traction was painful and made it worse
Lateral plaque by glands 20 degrees left/ narrowing
Lost about 2cm length