Hard but not erect

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandelay

I can get my penis hard with a pump but its not erect at all, just hangs straight down. I use a tight silicon ring. Why does it get hard but not erect?

Vandelay

Without a pump I can get an erection but not a hard one. With a pump it gets hard(er) but it just hangs there. It's frustrating.

LWillisjr

It doesn't makes sense. I don't know how you can be hard and not erect.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

TonySa

I imagine it's a 50% or so erection.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Although I never experienced this in all the years I used a VED it seems logical that a VED ring would trap the blood in the external part of the penis and make it hard but the internal part of the penis that extends into the perineum would be flaccid and this would make the erection unstable.   ???
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Lemten

This is interesting because I've used a VED for a couple of months now because of my Erectile Dysfunction, and it doesn't give me an erection. It stretches the penis to its maximum length and girth, but the penis doesn't get "hard" or "rigid" at all; it remains soft and loose. So, when I use the VED, the "outer" tissue of the penis engorges, but it's more like as if a flaccid penis was stretched to the size (and appearance) of an erection. When I stop pumping and take it out, it's immediately flaccid (because it didn't even erect inside the pump at any point)

30 yo /Symptoms since: 19 yo / Erectile dysfunction; lack of morning erections, arousal-induced erections go away almost immediately, hardenened tissue running longitudinally "between" the corporal tissues (septally?), shortening, hard flaccid

Hawk

Lemten - your account makes far less sense than what Vandelay seems to say because you are using no constriction band.  The VED only pulls in blood, very much like a natural erection.  If your penis fills with blood, everything exterior from the tension band has to be hard and erect.  If you use no ban and are still in the VED, then it is hard, or you are not giving it enough time and vacuum to totally gorge with blood.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums