DRY FASTING

Previous topic - Next topic

BobsBoobers and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

TonySa

Guys, there's lots of research on the benefits of fasting but one must stay hydrated.  No scientific support to speak of for dry fasting EXCEPT that it can be dangerous to ones health.  Please be careful.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

JS1991

Incorrect, you pull all the fluid you need from fat  while dry fasting. And although there is a lack of scientific articles on dry fasting, there is no exception to this regarding it being dangerous to health. I've dry fasted 9 days straight, not only with no I'll effect, but it's the only time I've ever regained sensitivity in my glans. That being said, I appreciate your concern and will mention that I am ALWAYS careful and always put safety first.

Keto is retarded (beneficial, but extremely slow, and the lack of protein is horrible), intermittent fasting takes forever to see results, water fasting gets them slowly, and dry fasting gets them fast. Those are the facts, as many including myself have experienced. Do you think I'm just making stuff up? Did my glans spontaneously begin refilling with blood and regain sensitivity by chance after a 9 day dry fast? It must be done correctly, and to be honest the only reason I don't outright suggest dry fasting to everyone is because I don't trust people to do it correctly. But when done properly dry fasting gives amazing results.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

TonySa

JS, there's tons of research on fasting and almost all of it aligns that there can be beneficial effects IF one at least drinks water.  That said, if it works for you great but as you said it can be dangerous for others.  Maybe you have some fluids while "dry fasting" when you say you do it correctly?  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

skunkworks

Quote from: JS1991 on October 05, 2019, 05:28:32 PMThose are the facts, as many including myself have experienced.

You should not be putting forward anecdotal experiences as fact. When you say many, do you mean many Peyronie's sufferers? Where would you meet many Peyronie's sufferers except here?

What is many, ballpark figure?
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

JS1991

Fasting, overall, is an under researched field. 20 years ago there was no research on intermittent fasting. Does that mean it did not work? No, it worked then as it does now, but since we have the studies, people are currently getting more and more into it. Extended water fasts are slowly being subjected to more and more research. There are even a few current studies! In 5-10 years, I bet there are a lot more studies showing that it is even more beneficial than IF. And the same goes for dry fasting. There are no studies on it, but those of us who have pieced together anecdotal accounts, tried to theorize as best we could on the potential efficacy, pulled what info we could from the Russian doctors, we believed it could be what people say it is: a more effective form of extended water fasting. Which itself is a more effective form of intermittent fasting. With that hypothesis, we tested it ourselves, pioneering a treatment, a new frontier if you will. And we have seen results.

Am I to disregard these anecdotal experiences entirely? I feel that is a personal choice, to be made by the individual. You two are obviously more cautious than I, and that is okay! When I say many, do I mean many Peyronie's sufferers? No, because I'm the only one who tried it to the extent of repeated extended fasts. And I've come back and given my results. I promise you, I would not subject myself to it if it did not work. So now, sitting here with the results I am so happy about, to the point where I regard it as a satisfactory primary treatment (and I'm no longer seeking an alternative), should I keep my mouth shut about it? No, I will spread the word, if only in this one small thread. And I ALWAYS preach safety first, something you both as moderators should respect (and I feel you do, and I want to thank you for that). I also go out of my way to provide the safest manner in which to conduct the fast.

Tony said "Maybe I had some fluids when "dry fasting" when I say I did it correctly?" No, I went 9 days without any fluid, or any food. Another time I went 7, that time with zero water contact including showers. I was totally fine and I regained sensitivity in my glans, something I am still ecstatic about, and something I'm very proud to have achieved; a result of my willingness to plunge into an under researched field and take a chance. Skunkworks said "What is 'many,' a ballpark figure?" With the caveat that I'm the only Peyronie's sufferer to have conducted the extended dry fasting, and therefore including sufferers of assorted ailments, the answer is dozens. And yes this is anecdotal, but it was anecdotal to myself as well until I undertook the journey and experienced the results firsthand. There is a huge stigma around dry fasting, and rightly so, we are taught the body cannot go three days without water. In reality, we're like camels, due to our fat being 80% water. That being said, as I always mention, if done incorrectly there can be issues. But it follows almost the same rules as an extended water fast.

I'll repeat what I said in the beginning: 20 years ago (probably sooner than that) there was no research on IF. If I would have told you I was getting results from it you would have called me crazy. Does that mean it didn't work? No, it worked then as it does now. And I hypothesized, then proved via experimentation that dry fasting also works. I hope you can respect that. And I understand where you're both coming from as moderators and I have so much respect for the both of you, you have Peyronie's sufferer's well being as your number one priority, as it should be. Bravo to the both of you, and keep up the good work gentlemen. And thank you for allowing me to share my experiences. For those willing to gauge the risk (minimal if done right) and go through with dry fasting, I hope my experiences can be of some help. But again, it must be done right. If one feels they aren't capable of following it properly, I would suggest extended water fasting.

And that's about it. I'm going to continue leaving small anecdotes of my dry fasting experiences in this thread for sufferers to keep track of, and follow if they choose. And in the meantime, I'm going to continue my interactions in the water fasting thread, which I'm happy to see several people have taken the plunge into, and benefited from.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

TonySa

Thanks JS, I think you're last post puts it into perspective...some are trying a new controversial approach and will keep us posted.

JS1991

Thanks for being so understanding Tony. And thanks for all you do on the forum, you're such a big help to so many broken men. I remember you being one of the first people to respond and give me advice when I first came on the forum. You should be proud of the level headed assistance you provide fellow members.

skunkworks

Well said JS1991. I think your long post above paints a much clearer picture than previously. Up to everyone else to make their own decisions about how to approach fasting.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

willy31

Hi,

Do you think fasting can be effective for me? I have a terrible diffuse fibrosis (99% of my penis is affected). I have do a thread: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12402.0.html

Fasting reduce just inflammation or fibrosis also?

Thank you.
28 years old
General fibrosis through much of my penis made worse by an injection.
My only treatments so far are Pentox 400mg for many months with no improvement.

My introduction:
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12402.msg114469.html#m

JS1991

Yes, I also have diffused scar tissue. Fasting will lower inflammation and slowly chip away at the scarring; it's the only thing that has been effective for me. Start with water fasting if you've never fasted before, there's a thread on it on this forum.

Christopher1

I second the benefits of fasting - water or dry. I do believe dry to be better. I once did dry fasting with saunas - but could not get past 2 days.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.

JS1991

Update:

Some very good news. I haven't been able to do any long dry fasts so I've taken to intermittent dry fasting. Specifically, I'm doing OMAD. So I'll eat all my food and drink all my fluids for the day in no longer than an hour window. I can usually do it in about half an hour. For example I'll eat a large meal when I wake up, and drink 1-2 liters of fluids with it. Then I'll dry fast until the same time the next day. Of course, I'm making sure I get all the nutrition I need in that one big meal. Mostly meat and fruit.

The result has been a big drop in inflammation. If I was 80% healed from inflammation before doing dry OMAD, I'm now at 90%. Not really seeing much improvement in hard flaccid or scar tissue with this method, but it's very effective for inflammation. I highly recommend anyone with stubborn inflamed penile tissue to try this for one month. It is easy and produces great results.

As for my hard flaccid, as I've said in the past, the only thing that helped in a big/noticeable way was a long dry fast. I regained sensitivity in my glans after my longest fast. I'm going to try another long one soon, hopefully starting on the 11th of November.

Another effective technique for hard flaccid is using the therawand while FULLY ERECT. Seems to be way more effective this way. I've also permanently rid myself of the tight muscles preventing me from sitting without pain by massaging my ishiocavernosus (sic?) muscles. The ones that run down your penis towards the root and curl out into a Y shape. Again, I rubbed this muscle externally while fully erect and I can now sit without pain. Also permanently rid myself of some hard flaccid muscle pain (all of this I've had for about 2 years) by pressing into my butt cheeks externally, then inwards toward the anal muscles. Again, while erect. Basically the same muscles you hit while using the therawand internally, but you hit them from the outside. Just some techniques that I hope can help some hard flaccid sufferers.

I'll report back when I do another long fast but at this rate I should be completely free of inflammation by 2020 (probably sooner) and have most of my scar tissue remodeled to boot. All I need to do besides that is get rid of hard flaccid, then begin using VED and I should be close to what I was pre-peyronies. Super optimistic about my future. Hope anyone who reads this can take some tips from it. Good luck everyone!

TonySa

What does it mean inflammation is improved?  How does one know this, visually?

JS1991

Inflammation = pain. It can not be known visually. It must be experienced. Direct reduction in pain (to the point where it's almost completely gone) after fasting.

How do I know I wasn't naturally going into chronic phase? Because my entire penis was inflamed and pain levels would not budge no matter what I tried, until I fasted. Fasting gave me immediate, noticeable results in terms of reduction of pain. Any time I would take a break I would maintain. Even if I took a break from fasting for a few months (which I did), the pain would not budge. Then as soon as I started fasting again I would get permanent reduction. I'd say my pain (inflammation) was about 70-80% gone (compared to my initial pre-fasting levels) before I started intermittent dry fasting a month ago. It's now down to 90-95% pain reduction. I want to say it's completely pain-free but that would be a lie, there is a very slight pain, barely noticeable, in former areas of inflammation. At this rate, that will be gone very soon.

Now that my pain is completely under control, I must rid myself of hard flaccid. That is the most difficult thing for me, and the only thing that has given me major, permanent improvement in that regard is extended dry fasting. I've gotten slow results over time stretching my pelvic floor and using the therawand as well. Once that is done with, I will use VED to hit my hourglassing. I was actually in so much pain that I wanted to hold off using VED until I reduced pain levels. I have now achieved that and feel comfortable using VED, although I'd like to get rid of hard flaccid first. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with fasting as a treatment.

To summarize what dry fasting is good for (in my own experience):

Great for ridding oneself of inflammation/pain, even if one does OMAD.

Effective at improving hard flaccid symptoms permanently, but only if one does an extended fast while abstaining.

Very slowly reduces scar tissue via a LOT of fasting. I've done multiple 4-9 day fasts and a ton of OMAD. Mine is about 40% reduction compared to where it was. It takes a long time to chip away at it. But it's the only treatment I know of that can achieve this.

AlterEgo

Are you sure the hard flacid isn't scar tissue making the penis feel hardened?  
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive

skunkworks

If that was the case, erections would be impossible.

AlterEgo

Quote from: skunkworks on November 04, 2019, 06:06:32 AM
If that was the case, erections would be impossible.
I don't think would be impossible because not 100% of the tissue would have scar.  My corporas are hard to the touch and I would assume this is due to scar tissue present.  I also have some pits/indentation near the base of the underside.  
42 male

melting

QuoteMy corporas are hard to the touch
This is normal. Around the corporas you have naturally hard tissue. In the most flaccid state and in the most erect state this can be felt as one hard mass. What makes them flexible(to a point) is a mesh like structure and elastin(which is missing in scar tissue and plaques)
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

JS1991

When my pelvic floor muscles are relaxed (when I pee for example) my penis is completely soft to the touch. When the muscles are tight it goes back to hard flaccid. The level of "hardness" of the tissue fluctuates throughout the day accordingly. When I lay down, for example (a natural loosening of the muscles) it is almost always soft. When I stand up (muscles tighten a bit), it gets more of the classic hard flaccid. Before I started any treatment (fasting, trigger point release, abstinence) it was very hard to the touch. Even now, if I get into an intensely stressful situation, like getting pulled over with weed (happened recently), my flaccid penis retracts inwards and gets extremely hard to the touch. This is the nature of hard flaccid. It really sucks, and it is worse than Peyronie's, in my opinion (at least the symptoms are). The good part about it is that once the muscles are fully released I'll be completely back to normal. It's just extremely hard to get them to release.

A good resource to better understand the condition:

https://www.urologynews.uk.com/features/synopsis/post/hard-flaccid-syndrome

And although this is a reddit post it is extremely on point/informative. It's basically a collection of everything I've ever read on the internet regarding the subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hard_Flaccid/comments/d9qrpc/a_start_to_a_hard_flaccid_free_life/

skunkworks

Nothing wrong with reddit for some topics. Politics/religion etc it is a total dumpster fire, but it has gold content for product reviews and rare health conditions.

AlterEgo

Quote from: JS1991 on November 06, 2019, 02:45:29 AM
When my pelvic floor muscles are relaxed (when I pee for example) my penis is completely soft to the touch. When the muscles are tight it goes back to hard flaccid. The level of "hardness" of the tissue fluctuates throughout the day accordingly. When I lay down, for example (a natural loosening of the muscles) it is almost always soft. When I stand up (muscles tighten a bit), it gets more of the classic hard flaccid. Before I started any treatment (fasting, trigger point release, abstinence) it was very hard to the touch. Even now, if I get into an intensely stressful situation, like getting pulled over with weed (happened recently), my flaccid penis retracts inwards and gets extremely hard to the touch. This is the nature of hard flaccid. It really sucks, and it is worse than Peyronie's, in my opinion (at least the symptoms are). The good part about it is that once the muscles are fully released I'll be completely back to normal. It's just extremely hard to get them to release.

A good resource to better understand the condition:

https://www.urologynews.uk.com/features/synopsis/post/hard-flaccid-syndrome

And although this is a reddit post it is extremely on point/informative. It's basically a collection of everything I've ever read on the internet regarding the subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hard_Flaccid/comments/d9qrpc/a_start_to_a_hard_flaccid_free_life/
Did fasting help to rid you of that hardness and regain that soft flexible texture (elastin)?
42 male

JS1991

AlterEgo, yes. Long fasts (while simultaneously abstaining during and for a few days after the fast) are the only thing that has provided a big result for me. Literally loosened my muscles up. I have also seen improvement from deep breathing while doing stretches (happy baby yoga pose) + therawand + seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist. It permanently gave me back a portion of the sensation I lost in the head of my penis. My glans also now partially refills with blood. The catch is, it's hard/takes a lot of willpower to do a long dry fast. If you'd like to try, I'd suggest starting with a long water fast first. Then move onto dry fasting once you've grown comfortable with water fasting. Water fasting should also provide some results. But you must completely abstain for the duration of the fast and a few days afterwards.

AlterEgo

Quote from: JS1991 on November 08, 2019, 05:38:56 PM
AlterEgo, yes. Long fasts (while simultaneously abstaining during and for a few days after the fast) are the only thing that has provided a big result for me. Literally loosened my muscles up. I have also seen improvement from deep breathing while doing stretches (happy baby yoga pose) + therawand + seeing a pelvic floor physical therapist. It permanently gave me back a portion of the sensation I lost in the head of my penis. My glans also now partially refills with blood. The catch is, it's hard/takes a lot of willpower to do a long dry fast. If you'd like to try, I'd suggest starting with a long water fast first. Then move onto dry fasting once you've grown comfortable with water fasting. Water fasting should also provide some results. But you must completely abstain for the duration of the fast and a few days afterwards.

Extended dry fasting seems dangerous there are people who say people have died from goign without water for 2 or 3 days.  When you say abstain do you mean abstain from sexual activity or eating/drinking water?  I'm glad you have received positive results from fasting.  I am hoping I can get more blood into shaft so it is not so flat but more cylinder in shape and also get my elastin back because the corporas are way to hard to the touch to be normal both in flaccid and erect position and I do believe this is due more to scarring than to pelvic floor tightness  
42 male

JS1991

The "die after 2 or 3 days" thing is BS I've gone 9 and could have gone longer. As long as you have fat on your body to serve as fuel (provides calories, water and nutrition your body naturally stores) and you're resting/ not physically exerting yourself you're good. The only way I can see the 3 day and die without water thing being true is if you're lost in a desert or some extreme survival situation where you're physically exerting yourself, sweating and rapidly losing electrolytes. Even then you'll probably survive much longer. But do what you feel is right for you.

By abstaining I mean from sexual activity. An easy way to know if you have hard flaccid vs scar tissue is to take notice of the state of your flaccid penis when you urinate. Does it feel softer to the touch? If so it is hard flaccid. If not, may be scar tissue.

AlterEgo

Quote from: JS1991 on November 09, 2019, 05:31:05 AM
The "die after 2 or 3 days" thing is BS I've gone 9 and could have gone longer. As long as you have fat on your body to serve as fuel (provides calories, water and nutrition your body naturally stores) and you're resting/ not physically exerting yourself you're good. The only way I can see the 3 day and die without water thing being true is if you're lost in a desert or some extreme survival situation where you're physically exerting yourself, sweating and rapidly losing electrolytes. Even then you'll probably survive much longer. But do what you feel is right for you.

By abstaining I mean from sexual activity. An easy way to know if you have hard flaccid vs scar tissue is to take notice of the state of your flaccid penis when you urinate. Does it feel softer to the touch? If so it is hard flaccid. If not, may be scar tissue.

I've discovered the major issue I am facing.  A few years ago I was having sex and a chunk of the layer underneath the skin (maybe fat or connective tissue or fascia) peeled off.  I could see this underneath the skin and it was stinging.  I didn't abstain form sexual activity afterwards so I am assuming that area kept getting rubbed and did not heal. I am not sure which part of that chunk of the stuff underneath the skin is dead or alive tissue.  But to get healed I need to get healthy tissue on the area that rubbed off.   I am hoping fasting and shockwave will help me
42 male

TonySa

Shockwave has not been helpful for most, maybe a few for ED only.
Has a urologist examined you?

AlterEgo

Quote from: TonySa on November 10, 2019, 04:18:17 PM
Shockwave has not been helpful for most, maybe a few for Erectile Dysfunction only.
Has a urologist examined you?
Hi Tony thanks for the reply.  Yes, I have seen a Urologist and they totally miss the mark.  I've been suffering with this greatly.  This is from a post on this website regarding shockwave results from a member I believe it's in the shockwave topic threads.  Shockwave has been used for tissue regeneration so I am going ot give it a try.  The only other 2 remedies I can think of are fasting and a tissue graft.  I still have pain in the area so hopefully that means there is still a chance it can heal.  It creates instability in my penis making it wiggly like a loose tooth.  I wish I could get tissue in the area to fill the gap so things could stabilize.  I am unsure if having an erection rips the tissue every time so I am going to try abstaining form sexual activity for a while.   What are your thoughts?  

"Haven't checked in on these forums in a while but I just wanted to let you guys know about the shockwave treatment. I wanted to be in Dr Goldsteins (SDSM's) clinical trial but I could not comply with the medications. Instead I manned up and went into TJ. I have gotten 9 shockwave treatments so far. They use LSWT and ESWT (linear and focalized) and it has been gradually improving my peyronies. I had mild peyroneis mostly at the base. I have venous leakage, corporal fibrosis, and really just fibrosis everywhere, tunica and cavernosa.

This treatment is working better than everything else even though it's designed for Erectile Dysfunction and not really peyronies, but I am making those gains! My penis is getting way thicker again as the fibrosis is being chizzled away. The FDA f'~c<+d me with Propecia and now Mexico is picking up the pieces of my penis and putting them back together. Viva la Revelucion mis amigos!

Look up Dr Allejandro Lira Urologist - Pacific Sexual Health - Hospital Angeles. Just thought I owed it to you guys to spread this word. I wish you all the best. I never thought a few clicks/taps to my penis could get my old penis back. It's easy to forget how life used to be, it's funny."

Here you can see some results of using shockwave #5 says wound healing https://www.trtllc.com/shockwave-summary.html
42 male

TonySa

Helpful for ED OR Peyronies?

AlterEgo

Quote from: TonySa on November 11, 2019, 10:22:54 PM
Helpful for Erectile Dysfunction OR Peyronies? Tissue damage in shaft and spongiosum
42 male

zidious

Why choose between dry and waterfast completely? Cant you combine both? Start with a 2 or 3 day dryfast, since that seems to be what people do anyway, and then turn it into a waterfast that you can do for a longer period? You'll get a few days of more efficient fasting (if this is true) and you minimize the risks since you start drinking water. Just a thought that popped into my head now after googling a lot about fasting.  
35 years old. Single.
Peyronie's since 2015.
Slight curvature upward.
Painful lump on right side, indention between that and glans, this was my first injury. Happend while masturbating.
Lost a centimeter or so in length, plus a little girth.

JS1991

That would be the most effective way to fast while still keeping it easy. After the 72 hour mark while dry fasting you run low on electrolytes and start feeling crappy . The point of continuing on is because the autophagy after that point is insane, but if you switch to water fasting it makes it way easier. Just slower. Basically just a question of how much discomfort are you willing to endure for enhanced results.

zidious

Quote from: JS1991 on November 23, 2019, 05:30:23 PM
That would be the most effective way to fast while still keeping it easy. After the 72 hour mark while dry fasting you run low on electrolytes and start feeling crappy . The point of continuing on is because the autophagy after that point is insane, but if you switch to water fasting it makes it way easier. Just slower. Basically just a question of how much discomfort are you willing to endure for enhanced results.

Yeah but its also the matter of safety. You need water. The body can handle weeks without food but not water. And I imagine it takes less than 72 hours without food and water before you start feeling crappy. Better to be safe than sorry.
35 years old. Single.
Peyronie's since 2015.
Slight curvature upward.
Painful lump on right side, indention between that and glans, this was my first injury. Happend while masturbating.
Lost a centimeter or so in length, plus a little girth.

anchorout

Robert Lockhart, a well-known raw foodist and proponent of dry fasting, recently died at the age of 75, his body shutting down despite his being in seemingly excellent health. Here is a video made by an associate of the man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNv64a44f08&t=680s

Just because you can survive more than a few days without water, it does not mean you aren't doing long-term damage to your organs. Do not dry fast, ever.  
Age 60, first erectile pain mid-2018. Noticed hourglass deformity late 2019 (hadn't actually been looking prior). Now moderate bend, hourglass turned into overall reduction of about 40% in girth and length, cannot have intercourse.

TonySa

Please, avoid dry fasting!

AlterEgo

I am on day 2 of a dry fast, so far no complications, or major discomforts.  I have not been moving much pretty much just laying down watching tv and going online, also I am not cured yet.  I will do 1 more day of a dry fast and then switch to water only fast  
42 male

NeoV

Quote from: anchorout on December 01, 2019, 06:20:11 PM
Robert Lockhart, a well-known raw foodist and proponent of dry fasting, recently died at the age of 75, his body shutting down despite his being in seemingly excellent health. Here is a video made by an associate of the man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNv64a44f08&t=680s

Just because you can survive more than a few days without water, it does not mean you aren't doing long-term damage to your organs. Do not dry fast, ever.

He was a fruitarian, what did you expect?
Fruit is not healthy, it is a seasonal thing that humans rarely had access to throughout evolution. It causes insulin resistance and will destroy your organs over time. Steve Jobs's cancer is widely thought to be caused by his fruitarian diet which lead to pancreatic cancer, Ashton Kutcher was hospitalized when he tried to eat that way for the film due to pancreas problems. Modern humans are basically living in an eternal summer, spiking insulin every single day as if winter is coming. They do this non stop, eating "healthy" acai berries, bananas, and smoothies, but they are killing themselves.

This year a child died from being on a vegan diet, eating nothing but raw fruit and vegetables.
We are living in a post-truth world, and it really takes a lot of digging to figure things out. If I heard this even two years ago I would have never believed it.

Now is dry fasting safe? I personally would make sure you have water and never do anything too extreme. Also make sure you have enough salt.

samsung

I stated this on another thread and I am not trying to be negative or rain on anyone's parade, but here goes:

Where is the evidence that eating anything or fasting or taking any supplements or doing anything like that will restore length, girth or correct curvature? People make extreme life choices like a keto diet based on desperately wanting any benefit. But where is it? My curve is the same whether I eat a carnivore diet or a Hostess cupcake diet. Exactly and precisely the same. In fact I think I felt better eating junk food.

I think eating healthy is great. But if it doesn't correct the curve then discussion of it belongs in a healthy eating forum.

Maybe unhealthy eating causes peyronie's in the first place. Fine. But once damage is done, it is done in my opinion. You can't eat your way to a healthy dick unless you have a very minor sexual injury and in that case it will probably heal by itself anyway. Not eating an apple is not going to make a difference. Show me where a peice of meat dissolved a calcified plaque.
45 y.o. Single. Onset of symptoms (pain-stinging like a wasp) @ 6/2018. No sudden injury. Curve developed slowly. 40 deg. dorsal. Hourglassing. Torsion to left flaccid. 4 rounds xiaflex. Restorex, DMSO+, heat, arginine, cialis, lipoic acid, vit. K2

TonySa

For great keto and fasting protocols check out Keto Kamp on you tube-tons of free videos.  Both decrease inflammation (aids in peyronies recovery when done in conjunction w other modalities), weight loss, health and longevity.

AlterEgo

Quote from: TonySa on December 16, 2019, 03:56:41 PM
For great keto and fasting protocols check out Keto Kamp on you tube-tons of free videos.  Both decrease inflammation (aids in peyronies recovery when done in conjunction w other modalities), weight loss, health and longevity.

So you are voiding everything JS1991 is saying?
42 male

TonySa

I don't know about that except I would never recommend dry fasting and I believe diet can supplement other peyronies treatment rather than be the sole treatment.

Godisreal

What a sick world we would've lived in if eating fruits and vegetables gives you cancer lool
Steve Jobs died because his diet contained of fruits? Hahahahah, even tho his type of cancer originates from the insulin-secreting beta cells, the actual known causes of pancreatic cancer are excessive tobacco smoking and obesity. He neither smokes or was an obesity-sufferer. I don't doubt that eating too much fruit and sweetness-filled berries will f*ck you up in the long run. But so does EVERYTHING else you can put in your mouth & in your system. Too much of anything will most likely f*ck up your body in one way or another.
I have to agree with Samsung in that cleaning up your diet after peyronie's has struck you is mostly a waste of effort.
Again, there is an actual difference between patients with genetic-peyronies and straight trauma-induced Peyronie's. The problem lies to be the same, a metabolic issue at its core - but there's a big difference between Peyronie's and Peyronie's. That's just how it is.
I believe that those who have Peyronie's in their genes and those who have metabolic issues and possibly diabetes (not necessarily) are much more in need of a clean and low insulin-diet, even after Peyronies struck them. I'm not promoting an unhealthy diet, but a clean one is not as profitable for clear trauma-induced Peyronie's as genetic ones.  
30 degree dorsal curve, immobility and heavy loss of girth.
My body seems to get very inflamed when I masturbate too often or eat unhealthy.
Using antioxidants, Pentox and hirudoid cream, as well as manual traction, heat and Cialis.

samsung

I don't even know if I agree with myself on this. I'm just saying it seems likely that once damage is done, not eating an apple doesn't seem likely to help much. I had an aunt that quit smoking 2 years before she got lung cancer and died.

And I think the opposite of GIR on genetic peyronie's. I think probably more beneficial for people that have trauma induced peyronie's than the other way around. Being that you are in an inflammatory phase and that reduces inflammation. Because I think no matter what I did or said or ate or didn't eat I would have gotten it anyway. I did not injure myself. I did not cause this. My cousin eats like crap and smokes and drinks and he does not have peyronie's. If you can prove otherwise, then you are well on your way towards enlightening the world as to what causes this disease and how to treat it. Until then, everything including what I am saying is just a bunch of b.s.
45 y.o. Single. Onset of symptoms (pain-stinging like a wasp) @ 6/2018. No sudden injury. Curve developed slowly. 40 deg. dorsal. Hourglassing. Torsion to left flaccid. 4 rounds xiaflex. Restorex, DMSO+, heat, arginine, cialis, lipoic acid, vit. K2

Godisreal

After my first trauma I had constant penile pain for 1 week, one morning it was gone. I had then developed two soft lumps that are still with me today. However, I somehow aggravated it (a doctor's examination) which is fkn insane but it happened all right. With that occasion, it seems like my body started a new f*cked up healing process and now 3 months later - I have lost a pretty scary amount of girth with little to no signs of girth-loss while erect. I also haven't lost ANY length at all, but since I do have a small upwards curve I guess that strangles the correct expansion a bit cutting off a few mm in length, barely noticeable tho.
This disease is the only disease that is so unpredictable that it is absolutely ridiculous... I mean what makes one person worse doesn't matter for the other. And the different stages & all this and that, it's all individually. My curve has been stable for 2 months and yet today I found a fat and big blueish lump right below the glans on my ventral side, I MEAN WHAT?? You never know if you're going right or left in this b*tch... that lump is now making it hard for my glans to fill out correctly, sometimes it does fill out and sometimes not. At the same time, two or three lumps are completely gone. It's insane, really. Don't know weather im coming or going  
30 degree dorsal curve, immobility and heavy loss of girth.
My body seems to get very inflamed when I masturbate too often or eat unhealthy.
Using antioxidants, Pentox and hirudoid cream, as well as manual traction, heat and Cialis.

skunkworks

We've gone into it quite a few times over the various fasting threads, about fasting and all the things it can affect, and how those things can affect tgf-b1, myofibroblasts, inflammation and so on.

No-one who is familiar with this disease would argue that decreasing inflammation is not beneficial to treating Peyronie's.

The rest of it is less easy to prove, but we've talked about it a lot if you've read through the fasting threads. It's not a tenous connection by any means.

I hope one day to have the time to go back and collate it all into a usable format, but the weeks seem to get shorter the older I get.

melting

Just a thought..
Consider that the body needs "substance" as in energy to build tissue.  
If the body doesn't have enough building blocks to fix an injury then it will fix it wrongly.
Of course, which substance is taken in matters a lot and one should generally eat and be healthy while dealing with Peyronies Disease.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

diehardpatriot

Guys, this will be a long post. But READ IT ALL. And yes, I do find this relevant to this post and thinks it adds value to the sharing of ideas. This will be one of the most comprehensive posts on the forum. I think many will benefit. It'll share my experience, mixed with what I've learned and how my penis scar tissue forced me to grow as a person and spiritually.

Like all of us, in the beginning of my f'~c<+d up experience, I went through an existential crisis. I've always had a curved penis growing up, but a penile injury that was very painful forced me to become serious about learning Peyronies, and correcting my ego. Right after the injury I visited doctor after doctor, each giving me BS or no advice at all , which meant 0 help. At this point I still was experiencing pain and other weird bad symptoms. Eventually, a lump formed where the injury was. I read the forum, FOR HOURS on end looking for that one thing that can help end the horrible experience. I came across pentox and after many crappy  doctors, I found one that was genuinely wanting to help and prescribed me it. This whole time I was depressed, anxious, couldn't sleep. I took the pentox for 6 months. This was one of the things i tried, and believe me I've tried LOTS of crap.  It did NOTHING. I took it everyday without failure

At this point , I was fucken confused, and questioning everything, Including my own life. For years I've been able to go to the doctor and get a quick fix and some help and trustworthy advice. Not this time. I had one doctor, who is world renowned (dr Goldstein) tell me that if my penis hurt so bad I couldn't get an erection, that I should take a viagra and keep going. After that, I had trust issues with any advice given on this topic.  I went from being a completely healthy young man to one with a messed up and painful penis. It was best said by psychologist Jordan Peterson in his book "12 rules for life" that it's only when something goes wrong in our life that we realize that the simplicity of life is a lie. We question the universe When we get sick, Ill, injured, someone betrays us. We realize that what we took for granted , is not so simple at all, but instead very delicate.

At this point I realized there is no doctor that will save me, no medicine that will take all my pain and my lump away. (I think we all realize this at some point). But I wasn't going to stand back and let this condition keep me down. I went on a mission to learn as much as I can about optimum health. And I realized that indeed, like life good health is NOT SIMPLE. There are so many mechanisms that determine our health . The human body does not work like a machine, we are not all the same. This is relevant to this post because just Like some of you, I used to say the same things. Things like "my friend eats like crap and he doesn't have this, so diet can't be a factor" "Lots of people injure their penis and they end up fine with a nice healed penis and no lump, so it must just be something wrong with me or my genetics". These statements simplify human health WAY Too much. If those were true I can use the anecdote of my grandpa who live to 90 years old who pounded packs of beer daily to make a case that alcohol doesn't cause disease in the body.

The truth is only 1% of the human population is born with a real genetic disorder. If you were not born with a painful and progressively curved penis out of the womb, you were and are only genetically  predisposed to the peyronies condition, not doomed and destined for it.  Yes, genetics play a part in who has peyronies, but there's only triggers and pathways. For example, some women have the "breast cancer gene" that gives them a way higher chance of getting breast cancer in their lifetime. Does it mean theyre GENETICALLY DOOMED?? NO. However , if they do not take their health serious they are at high risk of paying a serious consequence of getting cancer. In my family, there is a diabetes issue, it runs in the family. Does that mean I'm genetically doomed and should submit and accept that I will get diabetes at some point In my life ? NO. And even if I were to get diabetes, it doesn't mean that I can't reverse it if I really wanted to. People, WE ARE NOT GENETICALLY DOOMED.

It is relevant to understand this, especially in this topic because it is not logical to believe that your lifestyle changes have zero chance of improving this condition. We can all agree that someone with diabetes can benefit from removing sugar from their diet. So you must consider believing that YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM CHANGES that you make. I've tried almost everything there is to try. H-100 cream, coq10, Pentox, ALC, Arginine, and lastly diet. Of all of these diet and fasting has made the biggest impact , did it heal me? No. Has it helped? Hell yes. If you think that one diet, one pill, removing or adding one food or type of food, is going to heal your penis you are crazy. Remember, it's not so simple.

When first attempting treatments for my penis, I would always think in extremes. I went full on keto diet for many months , strict no breaking it. I would abstain for weeks at a time. I thought pentox would save me. Because the keto helped, I went extreme with it. Because the fasting helped, I started fasting way too much. And I hit a wall. And from experience, I was still having pain, regardless of my strict keto or fasting or my extremely healthy diet. With peyronies, you're walking on the tight rope of balance. I really believe there are key points of improving this condition. And they must be balanced. Before I close this out with the points, I'd like to say that if you are neglecting ANY of these points you are only hurting yourself. Take all of these points serious. These are not in order .

1) diet and lifestyle
First make sure you are getting all of your vitamins, minerals,  and macronutrients. This is most important, it's very hard to heal if you are malnourished. This takes effort, it will also cost you money. To me my health is more important than money

2)physical therapy and rest
This is a tight rope. I speak from experience when I say that too much abstinence is bad, I would go weeks without holding an erection and my pain would go away for a few days, only to have it come back for NO REASON. Your penis is a muscle, and it needs to be used , it it's not used enough it will contract and become tight. Causing pain. I've also used it too much, not allowed the scar to heal without re injuring it. You must find this balance. Don't be scared to, it's natural to want to avoid pain. But healing is a painful process sometimes.  I'm still figuring this out myself, experiemnting with rest and use times. Physical therapy like traction and heat also help a lot , but like rest and use these just also be balanced.

3)beliefs and anxiety
I think this is the most important point. Anxiety shuts down your immune system completely. People who have eczema have flare ups when they're stressed out. The mind is powerful, it creates hormones that react with your body. You're making it very hard for hard for your body to heal itself when you're always anxious. Besides diet working on my mental health and peace has been the biggest helper.
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

TonySa

How many times have you posted this?

diehardpatriot

Once, Tony. I haven't been on this forum in months. My penis has greatly improved Since then.  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

TonySa

Sorry, it looked familiar.

AlterEgo

Anyone have any experience or results in dry fasting curing or helping venous leaks?
42 male