High blood pressure and Erectile Dysfunction

Previous topic - Next topic

RachelThorpe

Does higher blood pressure affects erectile function? My partner's blood pressure is usually 135/85 but sometimes it gets as high as 150/100. He is also a diabetic. He is experiencing a difficulty in achieving erection. So what exactly can be the cause behind his erection issue?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Bubba dawg

5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Hawk

Rachel,

To my knowledge, high blood pressure itself does not cause Erectile Dysfunction but high blood pressure medication often does cause Erectile Dysfunction.  Diabetes can also be a cause for Erectile Dysfunction.  There are of course a host of other things that can cause Erectile Dysfunction as well.  Has he sought any medical attention?  

If he is doing nothing for the Erectile Dysfunction, be aware that there are many things that can help to ranging from over the counter supplements to injections, and penile implants.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

paulgonzales86

Actually, there is a link between high blood pressure and ED. The study has proved that it affects the sex life of men. High blood pressure damages the blood vessels and causes arteries to narrow and it limits the blood flow. It means this reduces the blood flow to the penis. Because of low blood flow, it makes difficult for men to achieve an erection for a long time. It also reduces the sexual desire of men. To overcome this problem make a healthy lifestyle such as exercise regularly, remove salt from your diet, don't smoke and drink alcohol, eat healthy foods etc. If you want a to have happy sex then try different physical intimacy like massage or warm soaks in the tub.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

RalphMcDonald

High blood pressure can be related to erectile dysfunction. Getting strong and firm erections depend on the adequate blood supply to the male organ. High blood pressure can decrease the blood flow and thus results in erectile dysfunction. So being healthy by making dietary changes, lifestyle changes is one of the best options to maintain your health and keep away from such health disorders.

TonySa

HBP is a silent killer, so even if doesn't help w ED, it's crucial to get treatment until one can make any lifestyle changes.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

High blood pressure is nearly always a result of pre-diabetes, and both are related to Erectile Dysfunction and Peyronie's. Dropping carbs will radically lower your blood pressure.

TonySa

Regular aerobic exercise lowers bp as well.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Christopher1

Diabetes is worse for ED than hypertension.

Diabetes leads to advanced glycation endproducts, which essentially damage all cells in the body - including the endothelial cells responsible for NO release (hence erection).

I recommend reading the work of Jason Fung, MD. A Canadian nephrologist.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.