Update after Ultrasound

Previous topic - Next topic

jj21

Had my ultrasound with induced erection. They did it both flaccid and erect.

The injection is actually not too bad - it stings for about 1 second then it's over.

He's going to go over the results in a month with me but did state that there was minimal scar tissue/fibrosis.

They also were able to determine that there is no venous leak and no prominent suspensory ligament damage.

He also recommended that he can do a very light surgery to fix the (left and upwards) bend. Because mine is not that bad he said it would be a very light surgery.

I urge everyone in the active phase to try and find a good doctor and get an ultrasound done as it really helps to determine where and how bad the condition is - they can also recommend better treatments this way.

Will do an update after I see my doctor and go over the results. He is going to go over VED and traction.

JJ
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

Pfract

Hey man. I agree with having an ultrasound done to know your current status of things. You say ''light surgery'' no surgery is a light one... So to speak... Wouldn't it make sense to have conservative treatments first?

kusher

Tell him to perform the little light surgery on his son. Surgery during the active phase is very wrong. Cuz even after curvature correction, the disease is still active and changes in altunica will take place with or without surgery. I'm not a doctor but I read alot of horror stories when patients go through surgery during active phase, the stories from this forum. All the best  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

jj21

Thanks for the replies guys. yes you're right the surgery does have a lot of risks. He did briefly explain them and said we would wait to see if things improve.

I guess it's just there as a last resort for all of us, unfortunately at the risk of further damage and shortening.

Cheers,
JJ
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).