VED protocols help & clarifications

Previous topic - Next topic

phil_t

Hi guys,

My Vitality system arrived today and I've been reading through the threads trying to learn just what it is I should be doing to help with the peyronies.
So, I think I understand the theory and everything behind the 26 week protocol.  Placing the tubes one inside the other, using the sizing adapters (but NOT the ring things). etc.

What I'm not sure on is the first stage of the cycle.  When it says to create negative pressure around the penis, what exactly does this mean?  I realise it refers to using the pump (I have the manual model) but does it mean just one pump, or several in a row, or several with waiting between each pump? Or just until you are fully erect? I'm just not sure on this point, I have read through the board but haven't really seen anything that 100% answers my question.

I'm hoping someone out there (oldman?) may be able to help.

Thanks in advance, I'm really hoping this VED course is going to help it seems like people have had some really good results with it.

Cheers,

Phil

Angus

Negative pressure is the same as vacuum, so it means make a vacuum around the penis. Use plenty of lubrication so a seal around where the rings meet the body won't leak. Using the manual model, start with 2 or 3 pumps that will make a gently suction inside the tube. This is not enough yet... this is just to relax the penis and let it get used to the vacuum. An erection is not immediate... after 30 seconds or so, apply 2 or 3 more pumps. The idea is to gradually build up the vacuum until the penis begins to engorge. Take is slow... there is no rush. You can't force things to save time. Your goal is to gradually build up to a firm erection over time. Do not overpump... as soon as a fairly firm erection is achieved, stop and hold for 10 or 15 seconds, then release the vacuum with the valve release. Start conservatively with the VED and your body will tell you when to stop pumping vacuum. The number of pumps I suggest is a starting point... your body may want fewer or a couple more pumps at any point in the process... you must decide how many pumps and how fast or slow the process is. When you feel discomfort, stop, back down and wait a few minutes before starting again.  

Old Man

Phil_t:

OK, now that you have the VED, you need to know how to start using it, right? Locate the protocol for the three cylinder model VED on the VED board. The 26 week protocol spells out which cylinder or cylinders you use on a specific week throughout the complete protocol. At the bottom of that page is a brief explanation of the whys and wherefore on how and what to do. It does not go into a complete detailed explanation as each and every guy has different needs and approaches to the what to do with the exercise cycles and exactly how to do them.

Here is brief description of the method I used and recommend for VED therapy:

1. Examine the pubic hair around the base of the shaft to see if it would interfere with getting a good tight seal with the VED against your body. If necessary trim and/or shave enough of the hair off to clear the mouth of the VED cylinders. Once you start trimming/shaving, you must keep the skin surface clean, etc.

2. Assemble all three of the cylinders (week 1 on the schedule) by nesting them inside each other in the large C cylinder. Attach these to the pump by aligning the tab on the cylinder with the retainer portion on the pump and tighten firmly, but do not tighten too tight. Place the sizing inserts into the open mouth of the cylinder to provide a tight fit around the shaft. (If you are very large in diameter, you may need to leave out the smaller one.) This assembly is now ready for use.

3. Lubricate inside the cylinders well up into them as far as you can reach with your longest finger. Some guys use a small brush to apply the lube. Then lube your shaft real good so that you have a slippery surface on the head and shaft. Start the head portion of the shaft into the mouth of the cylinders and at the same time start pumping pressure to help pull the entire shaft into the cylinders as far as it will go comfortable. You will need to go very slow with this and practice several times before embarking on serious pumping cycles. Practice for at least several days before starting the weekly protocol so that your penis will get used to the added pressure. Do not, repeat do not, overpump the pressure at any time while doing the VED exercises. The protocol calls for daily use, so try your best to keep up the daily schedule

4. After you have mastered the therapy procedure, start the protocol and go very slowly during Week 1. Work methodically with mild to moderate pressure and be careful not to use too much vacuum. If you feel any pain or discomfort, stop pumping and determine the cause before continuing with the therapy.

I know that you will have many questions as you proceed with the protocol, so feel free to ask any and all at any time.
Keep the forum up to date on how your progress is moving along so that others may have the benefit of your experiences.

Old Man

PS: While I was writing the above Angus posted, so add his good recommendations to the above.
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

phil_t

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate the quick responses.
So I'm going to go take the VED out for a 'test drive' now I think, going to keep in mind the advice and just take things slowly to begin with.
As you already alluded to, I'm sure I will have more questions so I'll be sure to post them up here and let you all know how it's going so that hopefully others can benefit from it too.

Thanks again

Phil

phil_t

OK, just had a go at using it for the first time and as predicted, got a few questions!

Firstly, Old Man, in your post above you talked about feeding in just the head to begin with and then using the vacuum to 'pull' in the rest of the shaft.  I couldn't really get this to work for me.  With just the head in there was a gap at between my shaft and the sizing adapters which meant that a vacuum couldn't be formed.  It was only when I fed in the whole shaft and had the cylinders flush against my body that I could get a seal to form and therefore allow the pump to work.  Am I missing something here?

I also wasn't really sure what was meant to happen with my penis.  It did definitely engorge as I pumped (I did a practice of maybe 2/3 pumps then waiting 30 seconds then 2/3 more etc, probably a max of 8 pumps in total before releasing the pressure) but it wasn't an actual erection. From reading other posts it sounds like this is quite common to begin with?  Once accustomed to using the pump, should I expect to get an erection fairly quickly once I begin pumping?  I know the theory behind using the A cylinder is that the erect penis will be forced by the tube to straighten, but my penis didn't get erect enough to be touching the sides.  It was actually the head that seemed to engorge more than the shaft.

In terms of the level of discomfort, it's quite hard to describe.  I didn't really feel any pain in my penis, certainly nothing like the pain that Peyronies would give me when getting an erection.  It was more the feeling of the suction.  It wasn't painful, just uncomfortable.  When people advise not to pump to the point of pain, is it this 'pressure pain' that they refer to?

Lastly (for now!), on a practical note, how do you go about cleaning out the tubes etc after use?  Is it ok just to give them a wash, or is it better to use tissue or something?  Or if I'm going to be using the same cylinder the following day is it ok to just leave the lube in there?

Oh, finally, as this thread might be used by other newcomers from the UK I thought I'd let people know that I ordered the vitality pump as recommended on this board through fittz.  I used the US Post Office delivery option as it was by far the cheapest.  It arrived via Royal Mail a week later and didn't get checked by customs (although I think this may be down to chance).  So I was pretty happy with the service I got.  NOT a plug, just letting people know.

Thanks again for the help guys,

Phil  

Old Man

Phil_t:

OK, you have just experienced the first run with the VED exercises. Sounds like you are getting the hang of it real soon.
What I meant about inserting the head and letting the vacuum pull the rest of the shaft on into the cylinder was not to force anything to cause you more trauma early on in the therapy. Patience is one of the best watchwords in VED therapy, so looks you are being cautious with your approach. No, you are not missing something, just my inability to state what I really meant to say. You did the right thing and proceeded with your trial run.

As you become more accustomed to the vacuum pressure exerted on your penis, you will be more comfortable and be able to add more pressure without causing a problem. The vacuum being applied to ones penis does create a very different sensation, but it only takes a few days to grow used to it and it becomes second nature with the pumping cycles. Try to follow the 26 week protocol as closely as possible, but you will have to modify it to suit your individual needs. If you have a severe curve, you have to adjust the exercises to fit your needs with that.

It is not uncommon for a new user of the VED not be able to get a full erection. Remember, the VED gives one a much greater force in pulling the blood flow into the erectile chambers. A natural erection is usually not as firm as one developed with the VED vacuum. The discomfort one experiences with vacuum pressure can be tolerated as long as you do not overpump and hold the high pressure for too long. Short cycles with more repetitions are better than long cycles where the pressure is held for longer periods of time. Short and faster cycles can and will produce better overall results.

Not about cleaning the VED after usage. Since there will be lubricant in side and possibly outside the cylinders, you should wash them with warm to hot soapy water and dry thoroughly afterwards. A note about the lubricant: after you use up the tube of lube that came with the VED package, you don't have to reorder from the company. Just go to your local pharmacy or notions store and buy a good grade of personal water soluble lubricant. In the States, we recommend using the Walmart Equate brand of personal lubricant which works equally well as the supplied one.

Lastly, you should be careful not to overdo your first few trials of using the VED. Just practice for a few days to make sure you are comfortable with yourself. Then start the weekly protocol posted in the VED board for the three cylinder VEDs.

We are here to help, so keep the forum informed as to your progress and success, etc.

Old Man

Edit: Forgot to mention this - do not, repeat do not, immerse the vacuum pump in water. Clean it only with a damp cloth and wipe dry immediately. If you should need to use a cleaning agent, just use a mild bath soap and wipe clean with a damp cloth, etc.
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

phil_t

Hi,

Had another couple of trials with the VED so thought I'd let you know how things were going.
I still don't seem to really be getting an erection.  It is definitely engorging the penis but it doesn't really seem to get it 'hard', just filled with blood if that makes sense?  Also, it seems that it expands more in girth than in length.
One thing I have been trying is between 'cycles' getting myself more or less erect by hand and then feeding the penis into the VED for pumping, does this sound ok?  Or could that be risky?

I still find it tricky to judge how much pressure is 'too much' pressure!  I assume that if you are pumping to roughly the same size as you would be erect then that would always be safe?  In so far as you are not forcing the penis to become 'abnormally' large.

I realise it's still very, very early days so am not expecting to be completely sure of what I'm doing just yet!

Old Man

phil_t:

Hey, slow down my friend with your approach to the VED therapy. VED therapy is not an overnight  "cure/treatment". It must be taken slow and easy and build up slowly into the heavier portions of the protocol. The protocol is designed to give your penis more straight pulling out from your body rather trying to get a more firm erection. It is supposed to remold your shaft in order to help with any curves, nodules and/or plaque you might have.

OK, manipulating yourself prior to inserting the shaft into the cylinder is not, repeat not, a good thing to do. This precludes your entire penis from getting pulled into the cylinder as is necessary. When using all three cylinders for Week 1 of the protocol, you want as much of the shaft into the cylinder as possible. Again though, you don't want to overpump the vacuum to the point of pain or discomfort. There will be a much different feeling to the penis while in the cylinder under vacuum than normal which is to be expected. So, you should not try to get an erection prior to inserting it the cylinder.

Another thing, you do not want to pump yourself to the point of a natural erection by using more than necessary vacuum pressure. You are not going for an erection for sex, you are trying to remold the penile tissue to help eliminate the symptoms. So try your best to relax and follow the cycles listed in the protocol.

From your description, sounds like you are rushing things, and that is not the way to go when starting the therapy. You can and will do more damage to yourself by forcing things.

Take it easy with the vacuum and your approach to the protocol.

Old Man

phil_t

Thanks for the reply Old Man.

I'll definitely slow down like you say, it's just really tricky to know what is the right/wrong thing to do, without having a doctor or professional explain and demonstrate things I feel a bit lost.  Thank God for the forum!

I know I asked this a bit earlier, but what would you recommend as a safe number of pumps per cycle to use in the first few weeks?  At the moment I am pumping 2/3 times then waiting 30 secs then another 2/3 then repeating this once or twice.  So probably about 9/10 pumps in total before releasing the pressure.  Does this sound ok?  Too much or too little?

Again, I really appreciate all the help guys.

Phil

Old Man

phil_t:

Your cycles appear to be OK, but I would suggest that you do not stay with the 30 second holding time. Maybe 5 or so seconds, release the pressure, and repeat the cycles for the overall length of time you will do your session. Suggest 15 to 20 minutes for each session to begin with and extend that time after you have become accustomed to the vacuum pressure, etc. However, do not overextend the time as you can do damage with that extra time, etc.

As for the number of pumps between pauses/releases, that is something you should establish on your own. Go by the feel of the vacuum, if it feels too tight or causes pain, slow down with the time and number of pumps. Just be careful with the amount of pressure and the length of time you hold the pressure up. Less it much better than more in VED therapy.

Old Man

phil_t

I'm not sure if I explained myself very well in that last post.
So, the first step in the protocol is to 'build negative pressure around the penis'.  The way I have been doing this is 2/3 pumps then wait 30 seconds then 2/3 more etc. until I feel discomfort, this is as described by Angus at the start of the thread.  After the final set of pumps I'll hold it 5-10 seconds before releasing the pressure.

Old Man, when you say to hold just 5 secs and then release the pressure, do you mean after the first set of 2/3 pumps?  The problem with that is that after only 2/3 pumps the penis is really only just starting to engorge so releasing the pressure at that stage seems premature.

Sorry to keep going over the same things, just trying to make sure I fully understand what I'm doing.

Old Man

phil_t:

There are many ways that one can do the protocol as far as personal preference about the number of pumps, waiting times and when to release and start over. You will just have to practice with different approaches to see what works best for you. Some guys pump several times, wait a few seconds and pump more until they reach a comfortable amount of vacuum, then hold for whatever time they want to, release the pressure and start over.

Since I used a one cylinder model way back in 1995, my protocol was for the one cylinder model. The protocol for the one cylinder models has been posted in the VED board by JackP and is a real good one, but you won't use that one, it is there for those who make their own VEDs or have the older one cylinder models.

Now, this is the protocol that I use with my personal approach to VED therapy. I assemble the unit and lubricate it as well as myself according to what is comfortable. Then I slide the VED down over the head and shaft until it gets all the way to my body. I do any adjusting as necessary to get the VED to go over the head and skin easily by moving it around as needed. While holding the VED firmly against my body, I start slowly pumping as many times as needed to get a good seal and start engorging the penile chambers with blood. Once I get a partial erection going, I hold at this point for about  seconds or so and release. I start over with another cycle and this time use more vacuum pressure as needed to engorge the shaft more and repeat the cycle as stated earlier. As my therapy session progresses with more and more engorgement of the shaft, I add more and more vacuum to finally reach a full erection point. After getting a full erection, I do as many pumping cycles as is comfortable, but not to exceed 15 to 20 minutes for each session. (A complete pumping cycle consists of reaching a full comfortable erection without pain, etc. holding the necessary time, release to start another cycle.)

I still recommend that you try several approaches to the therapy as stated above. Try doing the one I describe above, do any modification to it if necessary to suit your own feelings. Try other approaches too so that you may finally settle on one that fits your individual needs. Each and every case of Peyronies Disease is totally different from any other, so keep in mind. What works for me might not work you, IOW.

Old Man  

phil_t

Old Man,

When you describe your cycle you don't say how many seconds you hold the 'partial erection' for.  Is that deliberate, i.e. I need to find my own time, or was it just a typo?

Thanks again, going to give your method a go now.

Phil

EDIT
Sorry, just reading through your post again.  Can I infer from this that you don't stick to the 10 cycles a session that is recommended on the 26 week protocol post?  Preferring instead 15-20 mins?

Also, do you think masturbating soon after a VED session could be harmful?

Thanks again

Old Man

phil_t:

Yes, you can modify the cycling times with the 26 week protocol to suit your individual needs. The protocol is only a suggested guideline to follow.

The 15 to 20 minutes time suggested is again only a guideline - you can use more or less time based on how your penis feels and reacts to the vacuum pressure. The 10 cycles is a suggest minimum number, but again can be adjusted to suit your individual case of Peyronies Disease.

Now about the "holding" time between cycles. Some protocols and doctors recommend pumping up to a good engorgement of blood and then holding it for up to 30 minutes. I have never used that much time, instead of using shorter holding time periods so that your erectile tissue gets many more "cycles" of engorgement and deflating, etc. This added activity of the tissue, IMHO, provides better overall training and remolding of the tissue. You can use your own judgment as to the amount of holding time that bests suits your case.

Hope the above helps, but will be glad to address any further questions you have - just let me know.

Old Man

phil_t

I'm assuming you meant to say 30 seconds there, not 30 minutes??

Also, do you think it could be harmful to masturbate soon after the VED session?

thanks old man

Hightemp

Phil_t,

My experience has shown that sexual activity soon after a session causes me some extended discomfort. Pain may be too strong a word, but I do experience an ache if I have sex. I now try to wait for at least 3 to 4 hours before having sexual activity after a session. It seems to help.

Angus

Quote from: phil_t on March 23, 2010, 10:14:57 AM
I'm assuming you meant to say 30 seconds there, not 30 minutes??

Also, do you think it could be harmful to masturbate soon after the VED session?

thanks old man

He meant 30 minutes... there have been protocols in the past (not on this forum) that have suggested holding an erection in a VED for UP TO 30 minutes, which would be a HUGE mistake. This is to be avoided at all costs. 30 seconds is plenty for anyone... after a half minute (approximately) you're inviting edema, swollen skin, redness, pain and other awful side effects. As for masturbation, that's an individuals call. Just remember that a rest period is a good thing. Don't let anxiety and wishing to "make things better faster" get the best of you to where you are trying to do too much in one day.  

Old Man

Angus:

Thanks for stepping in for me.

Old Man

Rickmud

For you guys that have overpumped using the VED. I'm curious about how many days had you been pumping and how long after overpumping did you realize you'd overpumped and what the symptoms were. Did you feel pain and discomfort when you overpumped or did it all seem okay at the time.

I've been using the 26 week method for about 6 days. No side effects yet. However I had read one of the old mans posts about using the pump to gently pull the shaft into the cylinder. Well that wasn't a problem for me the shaft always went in pretty easy. Today, after about the third pump up it no longer went into the tube easy and I had to use the pump to pull it into the cylinder as the old man described. But felt no pain or discomfort.

Old Man

Rickmud:

Sounds like from your post that you are removing the cylinder from your penis between cycles. If you are, you should discontinue this immediately. Simply let the pressure off with the release button, keep the cylinder mouth firmly against your body and repeat the pumping cycles. This will eliminate having to pull the penis shaft back into the cylinders as it will already be inside, etc.

Leaving the cylinders in place is best method of repeating the cycles. After you get into the larger cylinder cycles, you won't have a problem with getting the shaft into the mouth of the cylinder even after pumping up several times unless you have achieved a full erection that won't go down easily, etc.

Old Man

Rickmud

Thanks old man,

I'll quit removing it all the way. I was worried that I wasn't releasing all the pressure and wanted to make sure I was letting all the blood flow back unhampered. I'll have more confidence tomorrow and relax a bit. I do believe it is helping my circulation.

Old Man

Rickmud:

OK, sounds like you are learning very fast on how the VED works and what it can do for your symptoms. Yes, it does improve circulation a whole lot. However, using less pressure and being more careful during the early phases of the VED therapy will help more than one realizes.

You have to get the erectile tissue exercised well before adding more pressure. As time goes on in the protocol it will be able to absorb more vacuum and therefore afford more stretching. It is sort of like starting a workout routine at the gym, you have to work up the ones potential, etc.

Keep us up to date on how it goes for you so the whole forum can have the benefit of your experiences. Let us know if there is anything you need in the way of assistance.

Old Man

phil_t

Can I just clarify, it's better to just release the pressure and leave the penis in the VED during the 'rest' period of the cycle?  I have been removing the penis each time, just to make sure if wasn't under any pressure at all.

Also, it sounds like for some people that on releasing the pressure the penis doesn't necessary fully 'deflate'.  I find that when I release the pressure the penis goes straight back to its 'normal' flaccid state, does this sound like there may be a problem?

I also don't really feel like 'm getting an erection with the VED.  The penis is definitely engorging to an erection-type size but it just doesn't feel the same, more soft I think.  It's only been just over a week so maybe this is normal?

Thanks guys

Old Man

phil_t:

It is better to just release the pressure and let the penis deflate as much as it will over a few seconds. Then, pump up again and repeat these cycles for the entire time you want to devote to the protocol exercises. This will give you the best overall therapy action. If you remove the penis from the cylinder(s) you might have a problem getting the entire penis back into them again without a bit of trouble. Be sure that you use enough lube to provide a very slippery surface so that the penis can slide up and down in the cylinders freely.

Each and every case of Peyronies Disease is totally different from any other and therefore you will not get the same set of circumstances as others relate that they get. What your penis does and what theirs does in the therapy will not necessarily be the same. So, just apply your best judgment about what works best for you. What your penis does on releasing the pressure may or may not be the same as what another might do, so don't put too much stock in that area.

Most erections developed in a VED will not be the same as a natural erection. If everything is working right, an erection developed in the VED after you have used the therapy for several weeks/months will be totally different from you are seeing during the early weeks of the protocol, so keep the faith and you will see better results as the weeks go by.

Old Man

Rickmud

I have completed 12 days of the 26 week protocall. I am starting to get a better feel for the method and getting used to the pump. I have no redness or signs of damage. I've lost all of the peyronnies discomfort I had been feeling for over a year. I was not in pain but felt something internally was not right several times thoughout each day. I suspect I have always had bad circulation and that peyronnies in my case was caused by poor circulation. I also started taking 3 grams of L-Argenine broken up over 3 times a day. I'm taking 400 IU Vitamin E. I'm taking 2000 IU vitamin d3/K2. Been taking that for about 3 weeks. I added 1200 mg Acetyl L Carnitine taken 400 mg 3 times a day. I'm afraid to take more as by blood pressure is running on the high side. I have begun measuring each day when pumped in the cylinder. I've gone from a 5" pumped length to a 6-1/4" pumped length. I began noticing a few days ago that my shaft expands to the id of the tube easily. However the area where the pyronnies bend is does not ever expand to the id of the tube. That area does not appear to stretch at all. I have experienced no change in the degree of the bend. Has anyone else experienced this. Do I need to up the pressure?

souldigger

I need some encouragement about the VED protocol but not, perhaps, for the reasons typically mentioned. I'll do my best to speak plainly.

My problem is that when I do the protocol I almost always become aroused. After several days using the protocol I feel "horny" almost all the time and become preoccupied with sex, which often leads to masturbation and wanting to look at pornography. I think this is a sin, so I have stopped the protocol for many months now.

IF I had more confidence that the protocol would produce results I would try it again and try harder to control my feelings.

So my question is simple--are those of you who are following the protocol seeing improvement? I know results vary considerably, but I'm just looking for some encouragement before I start trying it again.

bummedout

Unfortunately for men, you either use it or lose it.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
*** You will waste less time in both providing and getting answers ***

Rickmud

Souldigger,

The VED and the porn issue, are seperate issues. I am not an expert but I believe the use of the VED increases lost blood flow which in turn revives nerves and signals between the brain and the penis. my sex drive has increased as well, however the VED does not give me erections. The VED addresses and in my opinion helps one physically.

The porn issue is an entirely different issue. I would think you should just fall back to what you did before you had peyronnies. How did you deal with your issues then? I would default back to your mindset before you had peyronnies problems.

I wouldn't give up the VED. I'd put down the porn and concentrate on regaining your health, if the  porn is a problem for you. That's just my opinion. Good luck.

souldigger

I appreciate the encouragement and counsel regarding how to manage my personal issues.

But my question is actually much more fundamental--is the VED protocol effective enough that it is worth taking on the other challenges? The posts I read on the board about its effectiveness don't seem entirely conclusive.

Rickmud

Souldigger,

That is a difficult question to answer. I have just finished the 1st 2 weeks of the 26 day protocol. I see no improvement in my shape or degree of bend.  I have recovered back some of the feeling I had lost with pyronnies. Orgasms are better. I am aroused more. Those are three things that my Urologist told me would never come back. Is it like it was before. No, but it is better than it was.

Is it going to fix the bend? I don't know. I do have hope. Everyday I use the device I feel like I'm taking action against the curse.

Is it worth coping with the carnal feelings it seems to bring out? Only you can answer that one. I believe that if you do falter. God's grace is sufficient. I hope whatever you do. It goes well for you.

Rick

BrooksBro

Souldigger's posting sure hits home with me.  As with the peyronies' condition itself, I have not yet found fully  satisfactory answers.  Inside the marriage covenant, the arousal can be (should be) shared with ones spouse.  For single guys, this is hugely more difficult.  porn-free dot org has some study guides which may be helpful.  Porn is like a lion, prowling around, actively seeking opportunities.  Fighting temptation is a daily struggle.

Old Man

Souldigger:

You have asked the 64K dollar question whether or not VED therapy will help you with your Peyronies Disease. That question can only be answered by you in how you apply the 26 week protocol and with what VED you use. VED effectiveness can only be achieved by oneself when you stick with the protocol, do not overpump the pressure, and apply any variation of the suggested protocol that suits your individual case. You must prevent any additional injury to your penis by observing the basic rules which are: do not overpump the pressure and do not hold the pressure too long before releasing it.

Each and every case of Peyronies Disease is totally different from any other. Each person has his own set of symptoms, (curves, bends, plaque, indentations and inability to achieve erections, etc.) and has to address them with whatever works for him. Oral medications may or may not apply for each case. So, you should decide if you wish to add these to your VED schedule of therapy. Some guys have seen success with oral meds and others have had no success. Peyronies Disease is a case where one has to keep on trying any and everything to determine if they will work for him or not.

One word of caution though, if you embark on a VED therapy protocol, be prepared to be in it for the long haul. VED therapy is not, repeat not, an overnight success story. It takes much time and patience to stay with it in order to achieve any good results. Some guys do the 26 week protocol without much success and then start over with another schedule. Then during the second session of exercises, they do get success. Only you can determine what you desire to do with the VED therapy, so seriously consider the final outcome before deciding to drop it from your regimen of therapy/treatment.

There are a lot of guys who have success with the VED therapy, but never bother come back on the forum to report their individual cases. This prevents new guys from having the success stories to help them make a decision about VED therapy. I suggest that you try to read as much as you can on the VED board though all the subtopics to get a better picture of VED therapy.

Feel free to ask any and all questions about VED therapy and we will endeavor to help you.

Old Man

Angus

Think of VED therapy as physical therapy that has nothing to do with arousal. It is similar to what one goes through after shoulder surgery, knee surgery and the like. A person wouldn't think of dropping therapy after surgery after two weeks. It is simply not enough time. As Old Man said, these things take much time and COMMITMENT. Commit to the therapy, be faithful by using it every day if you can and give your body time to heal and remodel itself. Old Man and myself have read of enough success stories with the VED therapy to believe in it. It worked for us, and there is nothing that makes me believe it wouldn't work for the majority of men who decide they are going to stick with this therapy for 6 months, a year, or more. I did the therapy regularly for almost a year and a half before there was a significant reduction in the bend. I guess it depends on how bad you want something to change. I have a hard time understanding how someone can drop the therapy after a couple of weeks. Think of it this way... the VED therapy isn't something you TRY... it is something you make up your mind to DO. Start, middle and finish no matter how long it takes. If a person does the VED for 2 weeks, that means nothing. 2 weeks is about enough time to begin learning how to use the VED and that's ALL. It worked for me and the bend is almost gone. I really don't know what else to say, except I hope more men with Peyronies would give the VED a fair chance of working.  

Old Man

Note to all:

I second each and every word that Angus says in his post below!! Most guys at two weeks into their therapy schedule have just begun to realize the whys and wherefores of even using the VED correctly. That is not enough time to see any possible change in ones condition.

VED therapy is one for the "long haul" and not just a try for a short time and quit. We all know that VED therapy is not a cure all for each and every case of Peyronies Disease, but unless it is given a fair chance to work, one would never know what could have happened with their symptoms.

The above is just a few comments that come to mind after reading so many posts lately about VED not working, etc. It is like anything else, unless you try it, don't knock it!!

Old Man

souldigger

Just a quick note that, Angus and Old Man, I read you loud and clear. What you are saying makes a lot of sense, especially the analogy comparing it to physical therapy after knee surgery.

A couple more comments:
1. I'll speak for myself regarding the issues I mentioned earlier--they're no issues at all for me now. It's very much a matter of attitude, spirit and what I set my mind on.
2. Whether I should be perceiving changes after only a week of the protocol, I can't say. That I am experiencing changes for the positive is incontrovertible. My positives are in line with some of the comments that others have made with apparent increase in length when flaccid and improved circulation.

Now for another question--has anyone tried doubling up on the protocol and doing it twice a day? I think I might sometimes be able to manage it but don't want to risk overdoing it. What think ye?

Old Man

souldigger:

Yes, you can do two exercise sessions per day. Would strongly recommend that you reduce the overall time of each session by a few minutes from the time you are now doing the one session.

Just remember not to use too much vacuum pressure, especially when doing two sessions per day. I did only about 20 to 30 minutes of the protocol after the first 26 week cycle. That is, in the second round with the protocol. In my first round, I did only 15 to 20 minutes overall.

Hope this helps, if not, let me know.

Old Man

phil_t

Hi,

I'm still pushing on with the protocol, may have been some slight improvements with one side of the penis 'thickening' out abit again but nothing major so far I'd say....however, still early days, I'm on week 5 at the moment.

One thing that I just noticed today though is a thin, white-ish layer of 'skin' over part of the head of my penis.  It's not something I've seen before and it peals away pretty easy.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any idea what caused it?  I don't know if it could be from the head rubbing against the inside of the tube, or from overinflating?  I did change lube, but that was well over a week ago now so don't think it would be that.

If anyone has had this, any suggestions on how to treat/aviod it?

Thanks guys.

Old Man

phil_t:

I have seen this happen before with one or two guys using the VED therapy. As near as we could determine from the procedure they were using, it appeared they were slightly overpumping the pressure and holding it too long. In the process of being overstretched, the skin was traumatized. It recovered from the extended pressure and just "healed" itself leaving the dead layer to peel off when they started using less pressure.

They had no lasting symptoms and it cleared up after they started using less pressure. Again, for all thoseconcerned, VED therapy is still a case where less is better than more.

Old Man

pichou

I am one of those guys who has great success with the 3 cynlinder VED. I finished the 26 week protocol 3 weeks ago & I have decided to do another 26 weeks. I had about a 25 % curve in my penis & had shrunk in length & width about 1.5 inches before I started the VED. At this time I gained back all of my length and only have a slight indentation on the left side of my penis where the plaque from the Peyronies disease is located. My erections are stronger and so is my psychological state. My only regret is that I didn't find this website sooner and started VED therapy allot sooner. By the way it took me about 3 months of doing the VED religiously before I started to see big improvements in my Peyronies.

Pichou  
20 years Peyronies Disease, tried VED, pills, Trimix & more
ED 15 years.
Hour Glass at base 30 bend left at glans
Penile Implant 7/19/21 Dr. Andrew Kramer
Penoscrotal approach
AMS CX 18cm 2CM RTE

cowboyfood

Pichou,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

Angus

Pichou thanks for sharing your success with us. Keep us updated as you start the next round of VED physical therapy.  

YMENOW

I am in my first week with the 3 cylinder Ved and feel that I am doing well.  The first surprising result is I don't feel the "constrictions" in the shaft during the morning erections.  I feel as if my morning erections are hard but not tight.  The experimenting and getting acquainted with the VEd prior to starting the 26 protocol gave me some confidence and now have given me hope that I will get better.  However, during the therapy I have been pulling my engorged shaft out of the tube between cycles.  I was afraid that I would damage the vessels on the visible veins on the shaft.  I will definitely correct that; therefore,  I am glad I re-read the prior posts with recommendations from Old man.

One question I do have is: Does the vacuum pull in more blood into the outer layers of the shaft as well as to the erectile tissue within the corpora cavernosa?  I assumed that tissue was damaged by the peyronies?  

Having tried acupuncture for awhile, I did end up with more morning erections than ever before.  Perhaps the acupuncture therapy did help me in a way but it seemed as if there was nothing happening with helping me with the "constriction" discomfort.  I stopped that therapy when I started the 26 Week protocol.

Old Man

YMENOW:

Again, I would strongly urge you not to withdraw your penis especially when using the small A cylinder and perhaps the medium B cylinder. When you are on the C large cylinder is would not make any difference.

However, there is really no valid reason to ever withdraw your penis from the cylinder(s) while doing the VED exercises. You would simply be wasting time you could be be doing another cycle. And, it is sometimes very difficult to get shaft back inside the small A cylinder if you have acquired even a partial erection.

The protocol is designed to exert the best pull of blood flow into the erectile tissue, so any blood that is left in the chambers when you withdraw the shaft from the cylinders is "lost" and must be pulled in again, etc.

Old Man

YMENOW

"You have to get the erectile tissue exercised well before adding more pressure. As time goes on in the protocol it will be able to absorb more vacuum and therefore afford more stretching. It is sort of like starting a workout routine at the gym, you have to work up the ones potential, etc."

I have tried to read as many posts as I can so that I don't repeat; however, I have a question about Viagra or Cialas and the use of them in the protocol therapy.  As I understand from reading the posts, many are on a miniscule regimen of Viagra and they still are using the VED.  Could that be a problem since some say that the erection with the VED is not like a normal erection?  

Anyway, I am in the second week of the protocol--- patient and trying not to hurt myself.  I do see the veins on the shaft engorged but am wondering if the erectile tissue is getting any of the benefits of my big effort.

ymf

ComeBacKid

YMENOW

You could not use viagra while doing the VED, that would be fine, I wouldn't take it if I were you while pumping.  Week 2, it will take many more weeks, stick with it, little change is noticed in the first four weeks.  As long as your feeling up your penis to its fullest point without any pain, your doing it correctly.  Don't pump fast though like a basketball, pump slow, especially int he beginning as you warm up.  Patience, and going slow are the key. Eventually you'll start to see results, but it takes awhile, its not an overnight thing to stretch damaged tissue.  

Comebackid

YMENOW

Thanks for your input and I constantly have to remind myself that it is a long haul but it will definitely help me.  I see some evidence of the difference in my erections already. In my post, I referred to others on a regimen of "biting" off some viagra etc on a daily basis that got me to wonder if that was good.  

Since I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease awhile back and told "it will go away", I was given a prescription for Viagra.  I was pissed off at the Urologist at that point since he said I had ED.  I really didn 't think so since I was able to get erections at that point but of course it was painful and I had a bend.  I figured that there must be something wrong if the Doctor prescribed it so I  started to use the pill but I broke it up.  Well, I am reading that Viagra is used for better circulation but I am on blood thinners also.  

I guess, a lot of my hang-ups have to do with anxiety about the situation that I am in.  I am frustrated with the doctors since they didn't send me to someone who was knowledgeable like Dr. Mulhull.  I feel that I am doing things on my own now and taking charge of my predicament.

ymn

BrooksBro

I suspect there are many of us who are on what my urologist calls "triple therapy."  That is:  25 mg Viagra nightly, 1,000 mg (or more) L-Arginine nightly, and 400 mg pentoxifylline 3X daily.  The 25 mg Viagra and L-Arginine are to encourage and enhance naturally occurring night time erections.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_penile_tumescence

skunkworks

Quote from: BrooksBro on May 08, 2010, 05:55:42 AMThe 25 mg Viagra and L-Arginine are to encourage and enhance naturally occurring night time erections.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_penile_tumescence

In my limited experience, this is THE most important part of treatment. Without nocturnal erections the penis just does not function as it should.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

YMENOW

Does the 25mg of Viagra taken daily help if you are on the VED protocol?  Does that enhance the blood flow in the stretch?  

It seems like a lot of medications are necessary to overcome the damage to the tissues and it seems like every doctor has a different protocol in the treatment.  

ymn

Old Man

YMENOW:

Taking a low dosage of Viagra during the stretching exercises with the VED can and will enhance the blood flow. However, just be careful not to overpump the pressure. The Viagra will make for better erections and at the same time the added blood needs to be carefully monitored with the VED usage.

Just use the trial and error method to determine if you see any good or better results with using Viagra with the VED protocol. If you do not see any, would suggest not taking it to save the bucks.

Old Man