VED protocols help & clarifications

Previous topic - Next topic

BrooksBro

George Sheehan, MD, wrote:  "Life is the great experiment.  Each of us is an experiment of one-observer and subject-making choices, living with them, recording the effects."

Unfortunately (for us!) there is not a single "peyronie's medication."  There are medications and therapies which are generally regarded as effective by the physicians who are most experienced, but not every patient responds equally to them.  The human physiology is incredibly complex, so it is not surprising to me that the treatment for one person may differ from that of another.  We are each unique.

Quote from: YMENOW on May 08, 2010, 01:20:23 PM
It seems like a lot of medications are necessary to overcome the damage to the tissues and it seems like every doctor has a different protocol in the treatment.  

Fred22

I've had my VED since December, but every time I start the protocol my pain increases and I stop.  I'm planning another attempt but I still have some confusion regarding what sort of results I'm looking for when pumping.  I just read a post by Angus who said to pump 2 or 3 times, wait a few minutes, pump a little more, etc. until you achieve (I believe these are his words), a rigid erection. I've asked Old Man about this before and he says not to try for a real erection with the A cylinder.  When I pump, my penis does get a little longer and the girth increases somewhat, but nothing like a real erection.  (I do still get nocturnal and AM erections).  Can someone please clarify once again exactly what results I should be looking for when pumping with the A cylinder...full rigid erection or slight engorgement?

Fred

GS

Fred,

I'm in my 17th week and I still don't get anything close to a real erection.  I think you pump a couple of times, wait a few seconds and pump one more time and then hold the pressure for 15 to 30 seconds.  While holding the pressure, try "milking the VED".  That will add a little more pressure and help with getting the blood flowing without adding more pressure.

After you hold the pressure for the few seconds, release the pressure and start over.  After a few times of "pumping and holding", your penis will get bigger and bigger, but, based on my experience, not get a real erection.  Do the pump and hold about 15 or 20 times and call it a session.  It should only take about 15 to 20 minutes.

If you pump the pressure up too much, all you will get is pain and suffering.  Go slowly and relax while you're doing it and it will get easier and easier as you get used to it.

GS

Old Man

Fred22:

OK, to answer your question about what results one should see with the A cylinder: The confined area of the A cylinder is designed that way to pull as much of your penis into the cylinder without any pain or discomfort and hold it straight. Since the penis is confined into such a small space, it will hold the shaft in as straight a shape as possible. This in time can and will cause the erectile tissue and tunica to be remoldled and possibly help straighten the shaft. Notice that I say possibly. There is no certain guarantee that the tissue will be straightened in all cases. Most cases do see some result in this area.

Further benefits of using the A cylinder will cause more blood to flow into the erectile tissue than with a normal erection. This added blood flow will make ones penis more healthy and can lead to better erections. Patience with VED therapy is a must, so don't get in a hurry and expect overnight changes. Peyronies Disease comes on slowly and most likely will go away slowly.

If you are experiencing much pain with VED therapy pumping cycles, you might be using too much vacuum pressure. VED therapy is a case where less is better than more. Just take it slow and easy and see what happens. Be glad to answer any and all questions, so feel free to ask.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

newguy

When you guys (Fred , GS) state that you don't get anything resembling an erection when using a VED, are you saying that your penis does not get much of a stretch in the VED? If this is the case, then I would say that maybe that could be an issue. I've just started on the VED again, and quickly remembered that it's important not to pump too fast, else the amount of stretch that I gained at a set pressure would differ each time. It doesn't sound like you are rushing the process at all, but you bring up an interesting point.

GS

My penis gets enlarged to about the same size as an erection, but it's not really hard like an erection.  I completely fill the small cylinder and almost fill the medium.  I feel like I'm getting a good stretch as far as elongation is concerned and don't feel comfortable if I add more pressure.  When I first started the therapy, I was using more pressure and had some bruising and soreness.

When I remove the VED, my penis feels and looks like it is engorged with blood.  Then, by the time I'm finished with my shower and shaving, etc., it's pretty much normal size again.

I guess my bottom line is I'd rather err on the conservative side even if I have to do the protocol another 26 weeks and this first time through is just for practice.

It will be interesting to see how many of us are getting an actual erection with the VED and how many are like me; just getting enlarged.

GS

Old Man

GS:

Some of the confusion about erections with the VED come from the fact that many guys do not get natural erections. Others may be taking meds for a heart condition or other malady that precluded getting a natural erection. Diabetes is one of the worst erection killers in the medical field. Type I is worse than Type II in that department.

If one can not get a natural erection, an erection developed by the VED can not and will not stay up after the penis is removed from the cylinder. So, those factors stated above should be taken into consideration where erections are concerned with VED therapy.

Radical prostate cancer surgery also precludes erections if the surgery was not a nerve sparing one. My surgery in 1995 left me totally void of any natural erections for many years. Now, with proper manual stimulation, I can get an erection, but must use a retainer ring to help hold it up long enough for sex. However, at almost 81 years old, natural erections would normally be few and far between anyway!!!

The above are just my observations from my experiences over the years since developing Peyronies Disease.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

LWillisjr

Quote from: Old Man on May 21, 2010, 05:25:35 PM
If one can not get a natural erection, an erection developed by the VED can not and will not stay up after the penis is removed from the cylinder. So, those factors stated above should be taken into consideration where erections are concerned with VED therapy.

Old Man

In this case, I thought constriction bands were used to help hold the erection after VED removal.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Fred22

Quote from: GS on May 21, 2010, 04:38:34 PM
My penis gets enlarged to about the same size as an erection, but it's not really hard like an erection.  I completely fill the small cylinder and almost fill the medium.  I feel like I'm getting a good stretch as far as elongation is concerned and don't feel comfortable if I add more pressure.  When I first started the therapy, I was using more pressure and had some bruising and soreness.

When I remove the VED, my penis feels and looks like it is engorged with blood.  Then, by the time I'm finished with my shower and shaving, etc., it's pretty much normal size again.

I guess my bottom line is I'd rather err on the conservative side even if I have to do the protocol another 26 weeks and this first time through is just for practice.

It will be interesting to see how many of us are getting an actual erection with the VED and how many are like me; just getting enlarged.

GS

GS- You say you FILL THE A CYLINDER!  Do you mean lengthwise or girth or both?  I don't come anywhere near filling the cylinder lenthwise.

Fred

newguy

I think the whole point of using the VED is that you effectively achieve an erection within the tube, which is held in place due to the restrictive nature of the tube. Of course for those using a very small tube, the penis will not have the appearance of a typical erection because it's restricted widthwise. It should though, surely be roughly stretched to the length of your penis, else I'm at a loss at where the stretch is actually occuring. If a person has a 6 inch penis, and while pumping they never get beyond 5 inches I don't think this can be deemed effective stretching. Of course I'm a relative notice at this, so others can chip in if I'm misrepresenting the process.

i've read a few people saying that they pump 2 or 3 times and then hold it. I'm not really familiar with that process. I tend to do lots of little pumps over the course of a couple of minutes and that seems to work for me. If you pump way too fast it might result in you reaching the same level of suction, but I doubt you'd have a good stretch within the tube.

Old Man

Newguy:

You are entirely correct. Short pumps with a few seconds waiting time between them will give a better stretching action, especially in the small A cylinder. One thing that has not been mentioned lately is the lubrication in the small tube. Plenty of lubrication must, repeat, must be placed well up into the cylinder so that the penis head portion has a slippery surface to slide on and into. A dry cylinder wall will definitely cause the penis to stick and not stretch or expand properly.

So, bottom line, one must use a proper procedure when following the protocol to see the best results.

Old Man

YMENOW

Quote from: newguy on May 21, 2010, 08:22:13 PM
. I tend to do lots of little pumps over the course of a couple of minutes and that seems to work for me. If you pump way too fast it might result in you reaching the same level of suction, but I doubt you'd have a good stretch within the tube.}

"The same level of suction" seems to confuse me.  I believe I pump 2 or 3 times in less than a minute where I do get engorged.  Then I release and wait 10 to 15 seconds and pump.  

I guess I will try and stretch it out hoping that I get more in the stretch.  Since I am in the beginning of the protocol, I am taking it easy and afraid to hurt myself.  I have enough other issues to deal with.  

It is good to hear from others' experiences with the protocol, since it definitely will help improve my therapy.

ymn

YMENOW

I am still learning how to post and apparently I screwed up using Newguy's protocol.  

I tried your therapy pumping slow over the 2 minutes and believed that I did get better stretch.  My stretch also improved with more lube....guess I was trying to save it, although I did get a great deal at Wal-mart like Old Man recommended!!  Thanks.

Am willing to try to improve and that also means with posting on this site.   Sorry.

ymn

Old Man

ymn:

Practice makes perfect is an old saw from way back! So, keep on practicing the exercises and modify them as you develop your own procedure that works best for you.

Yes, more lube does help with getting more of the shaft on out into the small A cylinder. It also helps with the B and C cylinders when you get into them later on in the protocol. The Walmart OTC Equate personal lubricant is about the best for the price there is out there. It is water soluble and does clean nicely with warm water and soap solution.

If you are not too far along in the protocol, I would suggest that you start over now that you have a better grasp of what you need to do.

Old Man

GS

Fred,

No, the cylinder is plenty long for me; I was referring to girth and not length.

I do think I will try adding a couple of short pumps after 2 full pumps and see if I can a fuller erection.

Thanks to all for your impute and I have to say...I'm glad we have Old Man as a sounding board.

GS

skunkworks

The problem that I am running into is that the inside diameter of the sizing adapter for my VED is 1.75" while my penis diameter is between 1.8 and 1.9 depending on arousal level. I'm probably going to need to get rid of the sizing adapter and build my own rubber seal for the tube.

OldMan - Did Iceman contact you about making sure he was using the VED correctly?
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Old Man

skunkworks:

I would not recommend dropping the sizing insert in favor of making your own. The difference you quote in your post is not enough to worry about. The blood will flow into the shaft even thought the sizing insert is a bit smaller. The smaller size helps hold the blood in the erectile chambers, so that is not a bad thing, in fact it helps. Just be sure that you only apply enough vacuum to promote good blood flow.

Assuming that you are using the Vitality OTC three cylinder VED, it came with two sizing inserts. The smaller insert can be left out while using the small A cylinder since it might be too confining, but you must use the larger insert to prevent pinching of the skin when using the B and/or C cylinders. Have found only one or two guys who were simply just too large to use the small A cylinder. Care must be exercised when using the small A cylinder due to its size and confining area, etc. Plenty of lube is a must also to provide a very slippery surface for the shaft to slid into and out of the cylinder. Shaving cream has been used by some, but it really is not a good lubricant since it can and will dry easily which leads to more friction rather than lubricating factors.

No, Iceman has not contacted me lately about the VED assembly, protocol and/or usage. We have in the past PMd each other about some factors, though.

Old Man

skunkworks

Quote from: Old Man on May 24, 2010, 11:50:21 AM
I would not recommend dropping the sizing insert in favor of making your own. The difference you quote in your post is not enough to worry about. The blood will flow into the shaft even thought the sizing insert is a bit smaller. The smaller size helps hold the blood in the erectile chambers, so that is not a bad thing, in fact it helps. Just be sure that you only apply enough vacuum to promote good blood flow

The reason I am considering it is because when I get an erection I can see the line where the sizing insert ends, and my penis expands larger beyond it. This is an erection in no way connected to ved usage.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

MikeSmith0

Angus

Re: your questions:
1. A good stretch could be defined as an erection that doesn't hurt. An overstretch is when a few more pumps than necessary are applied. You would have pain in the penis and around the pubic bone, the skin would develop swelling (edema) and wouldn't be fun. These guidelines are to get people started and be safe; you must listen to your body and not go beyond safe limits and cause pain and swelling. A normal feeling in the VED is strange at first because of contact with the tube sides (smallest tube). The vacuum is pulling blood in as opposed to a natural erection that comes from your own blood pressure; getting used to that feeling is strange for some.

2. 30-45 seconds after you get the erection is what is meant. Take your time at first; there is no rush to erection. Get used to the feeling of the VED. Hold as long as you want to at first (up to 45 seconds). You may feel uncomfortable, but NOT in pain. If it hurts, stop and re-group, then start over after a short break. There is NO pain associated with any of the VED protocol done correctly.

3. Don't worry about a longer stretch at first. It will come with time. This is re-hab, and is not a fast process. Give your body time to adjust to what the VED is doing. Do not over pump but stick with daily use and practice; your body will respond if you stick with it. This is a critical time... lots of men feel frustrated and drop the VED some time around this point where you're at.
You're not using it wrong; you're just starting out.  

MikeSmith

Angus, thanks for your help.  The last thing I just wanted to make sure I understood is if there is a time limit from the beginning I put it on and pump the first time to when I hit the black button to release the pressure.  So, if it takes 3 minutes to get an erection and then I hold it for 30 seconds, is that too long?  That would make the whole daily protocol 35 minutes then...just as an example.  It might take less time to get an erection though.

Oh - also , releasing the pressure via the black button still seems to leave some pressure - because when I remove it from my body altogether it sort of sounds like a suction cup coming off...so I've read (on here) not to remove it "all the way" in between cycles... but then again, that would mean some pressure is always on it thru the whole protocol.

What you said makes sense about taking it slow & the fact it's a rehab & learning experience...yeah, fastsize was (and still sometimes is) like that too.   I saw a video w/ Dr. Levine where he says this is all going to happen at "glacial speed" so I have to set my expectations for 2012...

Angus

30-35 minutes for a session is not unreasonable. A few minutes to pump an erection then hold for 30 or so seconds is not unreasonable. The thing to remember is to change your routine if something hurts, turns red or swells up or any other symptoms that you deem out of the ordinary for your body. Unlike rehab for shoulder surgery or the like, there is no rehab coach there with you helping with the VED (a good thing, IMO ha ha) so you have to adjust the time frames yourself to a system that you are comfortable with while staying reasonable and within the guidelines. We will do the best we can to talk about the protocol with the written word here, but in the end you must decide on a particular day whether you hold for 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds or whatever.  

Skjaldborg

Quote from: MikeSmith on May 27, 2010, 02:08:22 AM
because when I remove it from my body altogether it sort of sounds like a suction cup coming off...

My guess is that after releasing pressure from the valve that the chamber is actually at normal atmospheric pressure. However, when you remove yourself from the chamber, you are in effect lowering the pressure again (creating suction) because you create more space as you pull out of the VED while not adding a corresponding amount of air. When you pull out all the way, you hear the sound of air rushing in to the VED due to the slight vacuum you have created.

Perhaps one could hold the release valve while pulling out to normalize pressure?

-Skjald

Old Man

Note to all:

I am highly recommending that you do not pull your penis out of the cylinder(s) while doing the entire pumping session. Just release the pressure with the button, hold it down (open) while holding the VED against your body to keep a good tight seal and let the pressure equalize in the cylinder. Wait for whatever time you feel comfortable with and then resume your pumping cycles. Again, be careful with the amount of vaccum used and do not overpump the pressure at any time, or else you will pay the consequences!!!

If you remove the whole VED from your shaft, you will most likely have to regain the size you accomplished in the first place before getting a good vacuum pull again. So, use your best judgement about times of relaxing from the cycles and the amounts of time you do the cycles. Base this on how your penis feels and reacts after each and every session. It is best to err on the side of caution than on the side of recklessness.

Old Man

PS: I speak from the voice of experience after many horrible results of being careless with the vacuum pressure!!!

MikeSmith

I am a couple weeks in to this & it's going well... just have 3 questions.

1-  The whole protocol now only takes me 15 minutes because I am more versed in getting an erection w/ the pump.  Is that not long enough of a session?  I am still holding it for 30-45 seconds each time I reach my maximum erect state.  Should I pump it a little slower or hold it longer?

2-  When I get to full size in the tube, I feel pain (not in a bad way) on my dorsal plaque.  Is this normal?  It feels like stretching sore hamstrings...it's not a bad pain but unusual to feel in the penis.  I have done this a number of times with no post-session discomfort or bruising, etc...Also, I have a 90 degree upward curve, but the tube doesn't allow for this to happen obviously...so I wonder if the pain is just the fact the tube is pushing down against the curve - which is probably a good thing?

3-  When I am at the fullest stretch, I've felt something like a rubber band shifting (didn't hurt) but scared me (like I overpumped things).  I've felt that 3 or 4 other times...and I wonder if that is familiar to anyone or what that could be... or if it's a warning sign I have gone too far.  Again, there were no negative effects after that shift (or snap - hard to describe) in terms of pain or bruising.

Old Man

MikeSmith:

I will answer your questions in the order you presented them:

1. IMHO, you should reduce the holding time from  30 - 45 seconds back down to 10 - 15 in lieu thereof and add more cycles of the pump up and holding time. This will give your penis much more stretching time and ''pull''. Overall the more cycles you do will give much better performance of the therapy.

2. OK, remember my caution throughout all posts about VED therapy where it is stated over and over. ''if you feel any pain or discomfort during any pumping cycle stop and find the cause before resuming pumping''. VED therapy pumping cycles should not produce any pain or discomfort with only mild to moderate vacuum pressure. Since you have a 90 degree curve, you should use only enough pressure to give a moderate ''pull'' with the vacuum. Once your curve starts to recede you can add more pressure if no pain exists, etc. Reducing the holding times stated above should reduce the possibility of receiving pain etc. You should feel some pull on the plaque area with the vacuum pressure, but not pain. So, again, use extreme caution not to overpump the pressure!

3. Your feeling a ''snap'' may or may not be a good thing. If it was the plaque sort of breaking loose, this could be good. However, if in the process it caused more trauma to your tissue, this could be causing further symptoms. So, by using more cycles with less pressure you should be getting better overall conditions leading to at least some relief from the symptoms.

Try my suggestions above for several days/weeks and observe if there is any change to the feelings you described in your post below. Hopefully, you will begin to see some positive results soon. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with in your case.

Old Man

tl48

OK, I received my Vitality pump and my A & B tubes from Augusta.  I printed out the protocol page and the chart and my biggest concern is overpumping.  I guess you just lube up and try?  My assumption is better to underpump than over-do correct?  Also, I read a post dated 4-11-06 from Spivey Inst. in Atlanta about "how to's" but it mentioned more info coming.  Have I missed that somewhere?

On another note, do you all recommend Pentox with Ubiquinol?  My specialist will prescribe the Pentox (I think) even though I am not currently going to follow his desire to give me verapamil injections!  Seems like that cure is worse than the disease!

Thanks to all that contribute to this- without this forum it seems like the "specialists" would be in the dark ages.    

Lennyman

do NOT do the injections!  it will make it worse!!  happy T-Day!!
Lenny was here  :)

mike67

QuoteI printed out the protocol page and the chart and my biggest concern is overpumping.  I guess you just lube up and try?  
tl48 - I imagine you will get lots of help on getting started. Are you using my spreadsheet ( Mike67). It is at the top of the VED page - a locked posting.It will help you keep track of your sessions and remind you when to change cylinder size.
I found that the most lube is required when using the small and possibly the medium one. Lub both into the tube as well as putting some on at least the tip of your penis . I use a toothbrush ( a discarded one , not my wife's) to spread the lubricant around within the cylinder. Just up to half way or so, depending on the length of your erection. Lub a lot , especially when using the small one as your penis will fill the tube and the more lub the much better it will feel. Trial /error will tell you how much.
Try not to get any on the rubber inserts as that will tend to deter the suction. You may find that you really have to pump a lot to get the initial vacuum going. Play around with the cylinder - sort of milk it , if it doesn't start a vacuum early on.  Don't under lub. And don't over pump. Just pump it until you still feel good but erect and hold it 15 - 20 seconds before releasing. I go for 20 minutes daily and try to achieve about 18 - 20 pump ups. I found that by having a small container handy into which you can throw coins or whatever , it helps you keep a count of your pump ups. Otherwise it is easy to lose count.
Set yourself a target i.e. 15 pumps and add whatever more you can handle. And -- don't forget to soapy wash / dry  everything thoroughly after you have finished each session. Actually , the toothbrush comes in handy to help brush out the cylinder . Then rinse and dry everything as well.
Best to you.
Mike
Mikey

chefcasey

This might be a newbie question, but I just ordered a ved, augusta vitality model.

Now why is it that the protocol calls for 3 tubes? Is it just to ensure proper sizing for different sized men?  

Old Man

chefcasey26:

The Vitality OTC one cylinder manual model VED is designed for Erectile Dysfunction primarily. By adding the two extra cylinders, it becomes a real good VED for Peyronies Disease therapy by using the 26 week Peyronies Disease protocol listed in the VED board section of the main forum.

This therapy requires all three cylinders so that the therapy exercises covers varying degrees of confinement, enlargement and stretching of the tunica and erectile tissue. Overall, over the course of time doing the exercise cycles per the protocol, the penis remolds itself back into somewhat of a normal state for most guys. The success rate is not 100%, but it does help enough guys to warrant at least to try and do the protocol.

Read the protocol in VED board section, and you will see the schedule of 26 weeks of daily exercises that has provided much relief and success for a lot of guys on and off the forum.

If you ordered the Vitality OTC one cylinder manual model VED, and want to do the protocol, you should order the two extra cylinders on line from the Augusta Medical Systems company to complete your three cylinder VED.

If you need help is making the purchase from Augusta, shoot me a private message and I can tell you exactly what you need to do to get the extra cylinders.

Old Man

Mike_O

I will add that the smaller cylinders of the Vitality OTC are tapered. The head of the penis will often seal the tube therefore concentrating the stretch lengthwise.

A single cylinder protocol is here on the forum too and some guys have been successful with it as well.

Be careful to avoid too much vacuum.

RoyRogers

Hey guys,

As the title states I just got my VED, the Augusta Medical Systems One Cylinder, and I've got a few questions.

I don't like the lubricant that comes with the VED, can someone recommend a better brand?

I have a string upward curve, and holding the VED straight out is pretty uncomfortable, is this just something I'll need to get used to, or is there something I can do?

I checked out the instructions for the one cylinder protocol in the sticky, can someone clarify? From what I can tell for the first 5 minutes I'm supposed to inflate to 80%, hold for 15 seconds, and then deflate. For the second 5 minutes I need to inflate to 100%, hold for 15 seconds, and then deflate. Then repeat the second step for another 5 minutes. Is this correct?

RoyRogers

Also, and this might sound strange, but I've found myself getting natural erections before I pump, or after pumping just a tiny bit... I'm not exactly sure what to do here... any suggestions?

jackp

Roy

The single cylinder exercise I posted was developed with help of Old Man. It takes time but it does work. It helps keep your penis healthy like night time erections. A good thing for you is you still have a natural erection ability.

Yes, Inflate for 15-20 seconds and release for 15-20 seconds with breaking the seal and repeat for 5 minutes each session. You don't need a stop watch just approximate times are fine.

As for lubricants. You don't have to buy the expensive stuff. I found that the Walmart store brand worked just a well if not better. The trick is use enough for a good seal and lubricate the inside of the cylinder with a light coat.

Jackp

http://jackp-penileimplant.blotspot.com/

goodluck

I have started using a single cylinder VED and have reviewed posted protocol.

There are 3 five minute phases.

1. pump to 80 erect. hold for 15-20 seconds and release
2. pump to 100% erect. hold for 15-20 seconds and release.

The 3rd phase I am a bit unclear on.

It says to pump to 100% erect.  
OK.
Do you hold at 100% erect for 5 minutes with out releasing.????

Do you continue to pump as needed to compensate for vacuum leaks and shrinkage?
or is this just a repeat of the 2nd phase?

Thanks in advance.

Old Man

goodluck:

OK, the protocol is mainly an established guideline to keep one in a scheduled manner so to speak. You can alter the pump up times as well as holding time to suit your individual feeling.

Holding times need to be adjusted according to how your penis "feels" with the amount of time held. You may need to lessen the time if it begins to become uncomfortable while holding. There is really no need to pump to a 100% erection either, so this can be adjusted to allows for a comfortable amount of vacuum.

This protocol was developed by JackP and myself when he was getting ready for his implant surgery several years ago. It worked great for him and many others using it.

Let me know by PM if you have any personal aspects that you would like to discuss with me.

Old Man

jackp

For the third 5 minutes pump to 100% and hold 15-20 seconds and release for about the same time, the repeat.  Each time during the third 5 minutes pump to 100%.

The first 5 minutes start from flaccid to 80%. The second five minutes start at 80% and work up to 100%. The third five minutes 100% each time. Deflate for about the same time you inflate and repeat without braking the seal. Times are approximate do what is comfortable for you.

Jackp

hunchback

Quote from: jackp on December 18, 2011, 11:35:03 PM
For the third 5 minutes pump to 100% and hold 15-20 seconds and release for about the same time, the repeat.  Each time during the third 5 minutes pump to 100%.
I've been experimenting with VED since i started about a month ago. I am extremely cautious because i don't really have any ED and don't want to mess things up. I don't know what is the most common position to be in, but i have found that during each one of the 3 cycles my penis progressively gets harder to inflate if i am laying on my back (in other words 100% but shorter). What i have done is tried doing the first 2 cycles laying down and the last standing up. Don't know if this is the best way, but gravity assist on the last cycle seems to be working ok especially since it deflates faster. It seems to have made my venous leakage better.

mike67

I have been using a 3 cylinder VED , one or three , it doesn't matter regards your inquiry. For the past 1 1/2 years I have been using the VED sitting down on my couch and have found it to work consistently well during each session. I don't know why you are lying down and standing up . Sounds like a lot of extra work .

Try just doing it in a sitting position. I think you will find it is OK like that.
Mikey

Old Man

Note to all VED users:

Have read the preceding posts about positions for using the VED with interest. It really makes no difference which position one uses as long as good blood flow can be achieved. My years of experience with VED therapy has taught me that the standing position provides better blood flow than any other. According to my personal uro, the standing position provides more blood into the lower body and is easily more accessible with the VED pumping, etc.

Some of the guys who are using the water type VED therapy (like being immersed in the bathtub or standing in the shower) have found the tub position to provide a more comfortable position though.

IF ANYONE IS USING THE REGULAR VEDs DO NOT IMMERSE THOSE PUMPS IN WATER AT ANY TIME. WATER ENTERING THE PUMP ASSEMBLY WILL DEFINITELY RUIN IT!!!

VED therapy in the shower or tube must be done with a totally immersible water proof pump.

Old Man