Implant shape

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

Anyone know if implants when inflated are shaped more eliptical than circular?
Or, does it depend on the brand or model?
Or, do individual parameters (like plaque) cause it.

Mine is flatter on top and underside of shaft, but well rounded on the right and left sides.
This may change as the AMS CX as it is supposed to expand in girth (not length) w time.

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pfract

Hey Tony! I can't say with a 100% certainty, but I have a strong feeling I read that a couple of times on FT. Guys saying their penis was more oval shaped and it would improve when they where engorged. Do you feel that it upsets you?  

redbullmaster

I can confirm that my titan implant is much more oval shaped than before surgery.

It's a side effect of the implant, which most men don't find out about until after they are implanted.
Engorgment does help with the shape, but it does depends on if you can get blood flow though the Corpus spongiosum.

TonySa

It's less w engorgement and doesn't really bother me.  Just curious if it's common, I suspect for me the wider Titan cylinders would have been brought me closer to my original size as I was always pretty girthy.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Pfract

I agree with that thought of yours. Once you have that revision years down the road, you know where to go and what to get done! Probably will get a bigger implant installed too! :D

Hawk

It is not the shape of the cylinders that is the issue.  The cylinders are round.  A natural erection is two side by side engorged cavernousa with an engorged spongiosium aligned between and below the two cavernousa.  

If you get no natural erection before implant then you will get no engorgement of the spongiosium after your implant.  That means you will have two inflated side-by-side cavernousa without the spongiosum below which rounds out the belly of the penis.

If you do get some natural erection then this spongiosum will round out after implant when you are aroused.  P-diddy documents this in his implant journal.

One additional point, in a penis with a large girth the larger diameter Titan cylinders will meet each other and force an engorged spongiosium down and underneath in a more natural state.  Narrower AMS cylinders in a larger diameter penis may not meet.  This leaves a void between them that allows any engorged spongiosium to nestle up between the cylinders in this void.  This would not be an issue in a more narrow penis or in any penis that does not get natural engorgement.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Alibaba

To add to Hawk's last paragraph, one of the issues I had with the LGX I had previously is that it would not push the urethra down when inflated. Instead it would pinch the urethra between the 2 cylinders. I think the larger girth you had, the more common this might be. It was very painful. Upon examination, the inside of the urethra would be purple and bruised.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Pfract

Ali: what exactly do you mean by ''examining the urethra''? From an exam, or visually? And... Inside or outside?  

TonySa

I couldn't get a natural erection before surgery, but I could get one from injections and it was well rounded not elliptical.

Hawk

Quote from: TonySa on January 24, 2019, 08:21:18 PM
I could get one from injections and it was well rounded not elliptical.

Every natural or induced erection would be round because it expands all 3 chambers including the spongiosum which rounds out the belly of the penis.  An implant alone expands 2 of the 3.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Alibaba

Quote from: pfract on January 24, 2019, 04:58:20 PM
Ali: what exactly do you mean by ''examining the urethra''? From an exam, or visually? And... Inside or outside?

Visual inside.
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders