Chapter 2, Excision/Grafting Journey

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfract

It sucks you are still not there. Hang tight tdix!

TDix

He also mentioned I could start traction if I wanted, but it was up to me.  Gave me a pamphlet for Restorex.  I thought he was going to prescribe me one!  Haha.  Maybe I'll ask if he can
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Pfract

It would be very cool to have you on board as well!  Join in :D

TDix

Not sure if I would need a restorex now as I'm no longer curved, although the one hour a day thing is appealing...maybe I can get that half inch back

Pfract

It's not just for the curve! Length is also one of the things this device addresses!  

TDix

Very tempting pfract, just need to find $500

TDix

Although $500 to gain 1/2 an inch to 1 inch would be a drop in the bucket for a guy right?  I just want to be as close as back to normal as possible.  I might just do it bro as I has a flex spending account set aside for medical.  I'd be reimbursed  

Bubba dawg

Omg, I would be upset if I went through Surgery and the doctor mentioned still having to do Traction or any other type treatment for that matter. Gotta keep a positive attitude but dayum that sucks
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Bubba dawg

Well come to think of it it is similar to my xiaflex treatment. Go through all those injections and still not perfectly straight.
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

TonySa

If money is an issue: The ESL 40 is only about $39 and w the strap can be worn hours at a time.  VED 20" a day should also help w restoring length.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

2Oldfords

TDix, When I saw my Dr. 6/4/19 he said the reason I wasn't recovering from excision/grafting like I thought I should be was that peyronies was working on the shaft. No bend but hour-glassing this time just past the grafting. I'm not so sure. I think its possible that since my grafting was so extensive it is just taking more time to heal. I say that because I don't think the hour-glass shape is as severe as it was. That might be wishful thinking on my part.
   To tell the truth I'm about over it, I have worried about this crap for a long time, now my Insurance has denied me having the IPP. I freaked when The Dr. told me that an IPP was my last option. I fought with the whole idea and finally came to grips with the fact the prior surgery failed and now I would have an implant. I could rationalize that it would be ok, that would be the end of it and I could get on with my life as normal as possible. Now my life is on hold again. Wait and see.
   One of the things this forum helps with is that we are not alone dealing with this disease. Most people take longer to heal than we are lead to believe. This physical healing can take more than a year. Its not fully healed just when you are given the go to have sex. I think the reason Dr.'s tell you to go ahead and have sex is part of the healing is mental. The mental part of this disease may be worse than the physical part.
   No matter what happens in this fight it helps so much just to have others respond with encouragement and other thought perspectives. Hang in there TDix and have patience healing takes time.
Age - 65
Peyronies of unknown length of time
70 Deg curve 10-11 o'clock
first 2 uro's offer for xiaflex and referral
incision/grafting 12/18/18, Implant 9/11/20

TDix

I don't think it's wishful thinking man, you are healing, albeit slowly.  I am as well.  I look forward to the day I can post that I am fully healed

Pfract

I am glad you corrected yourself just as I was about to step in Bubba dawg. You have yourself a good day.  

TDix

Had my first therapy session for my pelvic floor.  Found out that my muscles on the right side of the pelvic floor are extremely tight and tense, or spasmodic.  Worked on releasing the tension, and will need a few more sessions, but she feels this will help with my numbness and pain.  Nothing like having a female moving her finger around your butt, but at this point it doesn't bother me.  I just want to do all I can to heal

TDix

So quick question...are cock rings ok post surgery?  I'd ask Dr Yafi but it takes a few days to get a response

TDix

I tried it last night and was happy that it got me harder, but still being numb I was worried that it may have been too tight.  Wife liked it though!

Pfract

TDix

Took the plunge and posted pics of my current state 3 1/2 months post surgery

TDix

My pelvic floor therapy is helping a lot with my soreness.  After three sessions it is pretty much gone.  It pops up from time to time but it's no longer constant  

TDix

Nothing really new to report.  Erections still aren't great, but am able to have sex.  Asked Dr Yafi about this and will see what he says.  Graft soreness after sex, but it goes away after a day or so.  Still a bulge on the side of my shaft when erect as well, so waiting to hear about that as well.  Other than that, 4 months after surgery, I'm just waiting to get back to no soreness, a straight and firm erection, and somewhat back to normal

Frank55

Thanks for the update TDix. Please let us know Dr. Yafi's comments.
Single and 58 yrs. old - first peyronies symptoms Fall 2015
Had grafting surgery by Franklin Kuehhas in June 2016 - complete failure
Borderline ED possible but not taking drugs, shots or using VED
Now evaluating options for next step

TDix

Haven't heard back from Yafi yet, I think he's out of the country for a conference, but my latest update is that I am no longer sore like I was constantly up until I started therapy.  Erections still aren't as strong as they were, and the remaining scar tissue is bothersome but tolerable.  You can check my thread of pics out if you want to see my current state 5 months post op.  Like others have said, this type of surgery does take a LONG time to heal from, so I am hopeful my erections will return to being firm.  Still some numbness as well but I don't mind that too much as I used to suffer from PE, and the numbness helps a lot

TDix

Also have been doing pelvic floor therapy.  I have a thread about it.  Removed all my pain and soreness.  She is now focusing on my remaining scar tissue.  A very underutilized form of therapy for peyronie's according to my therapist.

TDix

It's a little weird to not have any pain or soreness now.  I almost got used to it.  I mean that's a great thing right?  Just have to ride it out until fully healed and I'd say my surgery was a complete success.  I'd be interested to hear others who have had successful grafting surgery, but it appears those that have probably leave the forum.  I'm here for the long haul guys.  Anything I can do to help others is my MO.  Don't hesitate to ask me anything, I'm an open book

Alibaba

Healing down there takes weeks, then months, then wow and you ask yourself when did everything become suddenly well? Great new. Cheers
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Frank55

TDix - what amount of time passed between your Xiaflex treatments and your surgery?

TDix

I had to wait 6 months before surgery

TDix

So decided to measure myself, and stretched flaccid I'm back to 6.5 inches....I can't believe I'm back to that length 5 months post surgery.  Honestly I was probably longer when I was younger, but never measured, but that was a surprise to be back to where I was pre surgery and pre peyronie's  

TDix

I guess success doesn't equate to conversation.  Now if I had another disaster I'm sure the conversation would be ongoing?  Not sure, but thanks to anyone who has followed.  Peace out

MarkDS

So glad that everything has worked out so well for you.  That you the positive updates.

I'll let you know if I have any success with pelvic floor therapy.
49 yrs old, Married
Peyronie's started 2016
Upward curve of 100 degrees  
Incision/grafting surgery in 6/2019.  Resulted in loss of length of around 1.5 inches, residual curve of over 40 degrees, some ED
12/2019 had failed skin anchoring procedure

Juice

Hello everyone, I've been reading everyone's experiences and figured I would drop in and share, on May 10th 2019 I went to a Dr David Peters NY for an Excision and Grafting procedure for Peyronies 16-18 months after being diagnosed, I would say it was closer to the years because of my delay (embarrassment) and some Drs mis diagnosing the issue (was told it's fatty tissues that's normal). Anyway fast foward to May-  I am diagnosed with two severe mid shaft indentations of Peyronies plaque which were calcified a 80 degree ventral curve (mid shaft) also a curve to the right 40 degree (top shaft just under the glands) they called it a serpent bend. The procedure was about 4-5hrs, the top curve was treated with the Plication method  the indentation and calcified plaque with excision and grafting. Ok. The surgery the Dr was very happy with. Honestly I also had hope the nightmare was behind me. So here we are today I can say I'm still encouraged but have hit a snag. I no longer have serpent bend so from that point very happy. However the ventral curve did  reappear to a 60 degree curve and slight waisting. The top curve is gone.   I have been desperately using restorex traction and VED to lessen the curve but so far, no luck. At the Plication site I can feel the knots and the waisting area is the area of the graft I can feel the graft (almost feels like the plaque)  the Dr is suggesting a 16 dot Plication straighten out the curve and I should be close to perfect.  My worries because I feel the knots of the one Plication (top) will I feel the same on the top!  Everyone on this site will understand the damage this causes physiologically. I and about an 1 1/2 shorten than I was when I started this nightmare, now lumps bumps and more shortening to come!  I was dead against implants because no matter the severity I always got great erections and thought if they could just straighten me out.  Does anyone know about this 16 for Plication method? How noticeable will all these bumps feel?  If I end up with an implant can all this other stuff be undone since the implant will help with straightening?
55 yrs old. Diagnosed Peyronies Disease Dec 2017 battling with it a bit longer.  Failed xiaflex, Gainswave, PRP..   underwent Excision and grafting May 10th 2019 with Dr David Peters. StonyBrook NY..

TDix

Juice

Tutoplast.   He told me eventually it will become the tunica,  I didn't ask if it would ever regain its elasticity...
55 yrs old. Diagnosed Peyronies Disease Dec 2017 battling with it a bit longer.  Failed xiaflex, Gainswave, PRP..   underwent Excision and grafting May 10th 2019 with Dr David Peters. StonyBrook NY..

TDix

So I think a tutoplast is the same as a tachosil graft.  It shouldn't shrink or tighten up.  Give it some time and it should relax.  I lost length up to 4 months after surgery and then it just relaxed.  I'm back to pre surgery and pre peyronie's length now

Juice

That's encouraging thank you!!   Did you get a curve during those months?  I hooked over terribly , where the Dr is saying we may need the Plication surgery 16 dot..   you can understand the fear in me right now.

TDix

No but I still have what I would describe as a bulge on the left side of my shaft.  I'm straight but with that bulge it looks a little funky.  Doctor said that would resolve over time

Juice

90% of the residual issues after a Grafting surgery (hooks, shortening) are because the surgeon didn't induce erection maximize size before making his marks (I've read and believe) and even though my dr swears he did and shown me pictures of the erection after surgery but the residual curve now is about 60 degrees.   I would get the Plication but I am worried about the knots from the Plication itself. Any thoughts?

TDix

Juice, seeing as you are in NY, have you considered a consult with Dr Eid?  

TDix

I would wait for things to calm down from your grafting surgery before jumping into another surgery.  You are only 4 months post op.  I am almost 6 and am still healing.  I couldn't imagine another surgery right now

Juice

You're right, I'm absolutely desperate to find some normalcy it's been such a brutal two years I realize we're in the same boat and value the opinions from this site and the good men on it.   That you again..  I have another follow up appointment in October and I'm using the restorex and VED religiously so maybe some luck will come my way...

TDix

It's not a sprint but a marathon.  I know you want it fixed yesterday, but having gone through a pretty major surgery, I'd let things settle down first before making another move.  Just my opinion  

Frank55

Exactly TDix. Everyone wants their issue fixed yesterday and unfortunately that sometimes leads to bad (rushed) decisions. I'm in that camp.

Juice I know you are going through a bad time but with this affliction sometimes the best thing to do is wait. The waiting sucks - believe me I know that - but it is still the best decision in many cases.

Glad to hear of your positive result TDix. Good news.

TDix

I would also look into pelvic floor therapy.  Did a lot of good for me

Juice

Fellas Thank you, the advice is golden and appreciated, I know you're 100% right and I won't jump into anything, and I honestly can't stand the thought of another surgery. As I'm sure you all know desperation has brought me to the edge of my sanity and almost beaten me into submission, so believe me when I say I appreciate all the positive thoughts and good advice. I will keep you updated with the next follow up.
Thank you
John

Juice

What exactly is a pelvic floor therapy???

TDix

I have a thread on it, but it involves massaging the muscles of the pelvic floor to release tension and pain.  A lot of the pelvic muscles connect to the penis.  It involves a lot of internal work (up the bum), but trust me it will resolve a lot of pain and sorenesss

TDix

Still here guys.  Seem to have regained my sensitivity, no more numbness.  Still some soreness where the remaining plaque is, and my erections still aren't as strong as they were but making slow progress

TDix

Dr Yafi replied to my concerns.  Deformities from surgery can take up to a year to normalize, and I should have been on daily Cialis the whole time.  I only got a 3 month prescription so I've been off of it for 3 months.  Will get back on it daily and see how it helps

TDix

Frank55

Glad to hear of your progress Tdix. Again the observation holds - a marathon, not a sprint. Hopefully your condition will continue to improve over time.