3D map and imaging of the Corpus Cavernosum and inflatable inplant?

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfract

Gentleman...i came across this amazing paper. 3D mapping of the corpus Cavernosum and Titan implant, and it's differences on the the tips and the way they affect the penis on the inside. A must see, in my opinion. Note that one of the penis has peyronies, mid shaft!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3739224/

QuoteThe intricate anatomy of the corpus cavernosum in both the flaccid and tumescent state has not been fully elucidated. We report our experience using a three-dimensional (3D) scanner to reconstruct cadaveric casts and compare them with 3D images of two prototypes of penile prosthesis. Two different models of the Titan Coloplast inflatable penile prosthesis were analyzed using a 3D scanner. The first was the standard model and the second was a newer model with a rounder silicone tip. Two cadaveric phalluses were harvested using Smooth-Cast 300Q polyurethane molding. The molds were excised and scanned along side the penile prosthesis. 3D scans were completed and analyzed using Leios Mesh software, and GOM Inspect software. The 3D scans demonstrated the mean human corporal radii 2 mm from the distal tip to be 36.51 mm (36.01–37.0 mm), which is an obtuse angle. The standard Titan penile prosthesis spherical radius at the same level was 202.52 mm, while the new silicone tip prosthesis had a radius of 139.33 mm. 3D mapping further demonstrated the trajectory of the cavernosa appeared curvilinear and the distal ends appeared blunt. The use of cadaveric cavernosal molds in combination with the 3D scanner allowed us to accurately image the corpus cavernosum for the first time. Our findings suggest that anatomically accurate corporal tips appear to be relatively blunt and that the new Titan silicone tip penile prosthesis more closely resembles the human corporal tip.

Alibaba

Interesting. Glad for less pointy tips. The 26cm for some reason was the only model with blunt fat tips and several of us have discussed in the past that we felt they would be more preferable. I know I did not have a pointy glans before an implant. Now, like others, it is pointed.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Pfract

I'm glad you liked it Ali! Thought I was the only one appreciating stuff like this...  

Alibaba

Quote from: pfract on January 24, 2019, 04:55:28 PM
I'm glad you liked it Ali! Thought I was the only one appreciating stuff like this...
I like sciencey stuff.  Nobody learns much sitting around popping beer can tops all night.  

Alibaba

I think it was Greg and I had a discussion a while back wishing they put the blunt tips that are on the Coloplast 26mm on all of them so it would fill out the glans.  I just don't get that pointy bit and think if there were to be erosion, the pointed tips would be more contributory.

Hawk

The AMS tips are even more rigid and pointed than the typical Titan implant tips.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Pfract

Alibaba

If god intended us to have a dart for a dick, we wouldn't have a glans.