Allergic Reaction to Soaps and Shampoos

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba dawg

https://www.webmd.com/allergies/chemical-allergies

Just think about this. Something most everyone uses every day. Soap and shampoo. Dr Gott a well known GP says you can get an adrenal rush from chemicals in soap and shampoo chemicals. Form of an allergy. Some of these chemicals are penetrates.  Some drying agents. Propylene glycol is used to make anti freeze , for example. Look at all the chemicals in these soaps and shampoos. Soaps contain hardening agents.  Chemicals to keep them from going rancid. Small amounts but something you use every day long term.  Google some of the chemicals. Make changes and see if it effects the way you feel and think. Does your mind race after using a shampoo? Long term you get used to it . Make changes and you may feel the difference. Some fragrances may give you allergy fatigue. May make you congested.
Some chemical may create a mind penis disconnect. Hardening agents cant be good for the pelvic floor and genitals.
I think these chemicals may contribute to ED.
Right now I just use an unscented glycerin soap. Still cant get away from chemicals
5 Rounds of Xiaflex. Good results.

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Hawk

BubbaDawg,  I appreciate your concern but this article is talking about potential skin allergies and had NOTHING to do with Erectile Dysfunction or pelvic floor issues.  As humans, we have a documented tendency to search for reason, causation even where none exists.  It was true of ancients with eclipses it is true of all of us today.  Our lives and environment are polluted with non-rational ideas coming at us from every angle.  People almost have laziness at ignoring the value of analyzing evidence and demanding evidence-based analysis and conclusions.  The world embraces "A" preceded "B" therefore "A" obviously caused "B".  Such conclusions and such abandonment of evidence-based analysis would be tragic if it just got us nowhere but it does far worse.  It sets us back at finding the truth.  It wastes our limited time, energy, and resources, that could go toward real answers and solutions.  

The tendency to abandon evidence and grasp at random theories of causation which grows into almost superstitious obsession is more likely when things happen outside of our very limited realm of understanding.  Peyronies Disease and Erectile Dysfunction are very frustrating.  They both likely have multiple contributing factors.  We all do thousands of things before they occur.  Some of the things we do might contribute or they might not.  We are certain the fact we started watching 4 hours of TV the week before we got Peyronies Disease probably did not have any connection but what about the soap we bought, or the fact that we masturbated twice as much that week, or our Vitamin E pills we started taking?   Can we be positive that Aliens are not zapping us with beams to render us impotent or as an experiment?  I think we cant be POSITIVE but unless we have evidence we foolishly waste our time assuming any of these things.  Could our soap cause Peyronies Disease?  I guess it along with millions of other things could, but where is the evidence?  We cannot just try millions of things in billions of combinations to find the answers.  We need evidence.  Once we get the evidence we need to understand that evidence and proof are NOT the same things.

Our quest and our standard has to be a greater demand for evidence and less promoting of "I believe........"  

I refer you to this post in our resource section  Rational Thought and Weighing Evidence - Peyronies Society Forums
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Bubba dawg

I was focusing on men that have ruled out any physical problems like block arteries.
Then there is the temporary ED.
Smoking is proven to cause permanent ED. Smoking causes physical damage. That is  chemicals causing physical sexual disfunction.
Anti depressants can cause temporary ED
2 tablespoons of honey cause me temporary ED
A lot of physical and mental things can cause ED.
If some chemical causes you mental problems then you can get ED.
In the case of smoking it's the narrowing of your arteries going to the penis.
Riding a bicycle can cause loss of sensitivity and/or ED.
Damaging the penis can cause ed
Very low Testosterone can cause ED.
Causes of ED just are not cut and dry.
Some of these chemical we use every day can penetrate your skin and go into the blood stream is what I have read.
Anyway some people are more sensitive to chemicals than others. Doctor told me I have a medicine sensitivity. I was like duh! Lol

I am known to give out false information and post nonsense with little to no evidence to back up my claims.
I have ignored several warnings. Further reports to the moderators or Administrators and I will be banned.

Hawk

Bubba,

My point was simple.  You provided zero evidence that soaps can cause erectile dysfunction or pelvic floor issues.  You still have provided no such evidence.  That is not to say no evidence exists but I insist on seeing it before I can let such a statement stand unchallenged.

Also, I would be VERY interested in the biochemical process by which 2 tablespoons of honey caused you ED.  Until I see it I have to chalk that up to; you did "A" (in this case ate honey) and experienced "B" ( ED ) and since you could not figure out another reason for the ED you assumed "A" caused "B" simply because it preceded it. Even if it happened ten times it does not rule out the placebo effect or stress or anxiety over expecting to have ED or a hundred other reasons.  Until you can explain some half-way reasonable explanation your claim that honey causes you ED has as much validity in my mind as snake oil or telling me you caused the last total eclipse by masturbating.

Bubba dawg

I am ok with people questioning my ideas and theories. These are things that happened to me. Not like they were tested by 1000s of people. Just was thinking members might like to test things themselves. My suggestions dont hurt anyone. Not like I am suggesting members stop eating altogether. I am not completely on board with that theory for peyrones. Somebody could eat 2 table spoons of honey a day for a week and see what happens.  No harm done.
First thing I did when my penis started bending was go to the doctor. I wish I had gone when I had the first stage of painful erections. Same with ED. If I had that all the time then I would go to the doctor and get it checked out. If the doctor SSA said no problems found then I would look at other things.
I have been testing how things effect me since my 20s

Hawk

BubbaDawg,  I am not fighting with you.  I am not sure if you read the link I provided in my first response.  I just want to make it clear to readers that no evidence was provided.  That means this is not a theory.  It does not even rise to the level of a hypothesis.  A hypothesis is an idea based on limited evidence.  This is zero evidence so it is a wild or random thought, not a theory.  

For what it is worth, I used to keep honey bees.  I ate WAY more honey than 2 tablespoons a day and never had a single second of Erectile Dysfunction in the 54 years prior to my prostatectomy.  Just for the record I do not, however, attribute my erections to honey.  (well in a sense I do attribute them to my Honey.  She has always turned me on)  :)