Appears that surgery is in my future

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrometer2332

Was scheduled to start Xiaflex injections this past Monday, December 3, but my urologist actually decided I was not a candidate for it after seeing how my condition had progressed. I have a 40° bend to the right and I bought a 30° bend up, but in the past few months developed a fairly significant "hinge effect" on the rightward bend and it's very noticeable indentation.

He is now recommending the excision and grafting procedure, but for now I just schedule a follow up for three months out to see if it progresses anymore, before scheduling the surgery.

Pretty upsetting news, to say the least. That particular surgery - the excision and grafting -
kind of freaks me the hell out. The post surgery potential side effects/risks are pretty scary. But not sure what my other option might be... And I know I'm not mentally ready to think about the implantation route.

But I do know my anxiety is soaring all of a sudden about this f*ckin' condition. Ugh. :-(
45, diag May 2018, 40 deg to right & 30 deg up with indentation & hinge effect, pentox & traction (restorex - painful af!), told by uro in Dec 2018 that xiaflex not an option, surgery?, don't know yet

Pfract

Hey man. Scary indeed. You are in luck. We have a member that recently had the same surgery and an implant as well. Have you seen his diary?

Tony's excision, grafting and implant diary. - Peyronies Society Forums

Nitrometer2332

Yes I have... going to go back and read it more completely and carefully than just the skim that I've given it so far.
45, diag May 2018, 40 deg to right & 30 deg up with indentation & hinge effect, pentox & traction (restorex - painful af!), told by uro in Dec 2018 that xiaflex not an option, surgery?, don't know yet

TonySa

Hi Nitro, I did have excision and grafting coupled w an implant due to my severe ED.  Is ED an issue for you?  If you're doc wants to wait 3 months I'd recommend considering Starting pentox, low dose daily PDE5 inhibitor coupled w traction and/or VED.  It's possible you'd see enough improvement in that time that you wouldn't need surgery.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pfract

I attach something which I should of posted long ago. These are the Canadian guidelines for peyronies disease.  

Jack1909

The point is ED is more a direct consequence of any penile surgery than a possible side effect, or drawback. The only question possible is if the post op ED will be to a not relevant extent or relevant.  
31 yrs old
Severe congenital curvature. 3 straightening surgeries
Big lump/stitch w/ left deviation after 2012 surgery
Severe ED after last one in 2014. Still crooked
Slightly improved w/ shockwave therapy
Looks like only one side of my penis works

TonySa

Great find pfract!  Deserves its own post I'd say
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Hawk

Pfract,

Very interesting but to me the very first panel is flawed.  It indicates if a man goes to a doctor with Peyronies Disease but can still have satisfying intercourse that the solution is to do nothing.  That is crazy.  The implication is to just let it progress unchecked until it ruins his sex life then initiate some treatment.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

Very good point, this is not a disease to take a wait and see approach!