Coloplast Titan cylinders w rear tip extenders photo

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

See pic for two cm length increments and 1 cm rear tip extenders stacks  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

SW01

Thanks for this. Not sure why any good dr implanting a titan would use more than 1 rte. Unless like others mention they do not have an inventory or someone would need more for pump placement and tubes.
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Hawk

No reason for more than an occasional single RTE.

I the image below not that the more RTE's that are used the less inflatable implant is used.

The more inflatable implant that is inside of the body, the more stable the implants is.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

The only reason I can imagine is that the patient was initially undersized when the implant was first inserted.   I know of only one, maybe two docs, who would then swap it out during the procedure for a larger size as they'd have to eat the cost of the second implant (about $800).  Thus, the only option to maximize size is then to add RTE's.  I'd rather have the extra RTE's than not in that case.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.