AMS & Coloplast pumps actual size and dimensions

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

MD can provide key chain sample of AMS pump.  Same except rubber instead of silicone.  L 2 1/4 x w 7/8", and 1 1/4" depth as I measure.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

TonySa

I thinkit'd be great if anyone has Coloplast pump pics with measurements for comparison as guys decide which they prefer.  I understand the Titan pump is smaller but not sure if there is a significant difference.  I'd prefer mind to be smaller but it works...
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Hawk

No matter what size your pump, I think everyone would opt for a smaller one.  It is about the only negative I have found that makes an implant less desirable than a fully natural functioning penis. The Titan pump has a somewhat shorted pump bulb and while this does not seem to cause any concerns to those that have one, this square brick does not make for a very body-friendly looking pump.

Notice the AMS has a much more prominent release button which could be considered a plus.

Length 2 1/4"  Width 7/8"

PS: Tony, when you measure width I do not think you are measuring what I call the brick!
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

Yea, just realized one more side to measure which is the wide size of the brick.

TonySa

Hawk, do you consider the tubing part of the pump?  I hear Coloplast mat be having the occasional tubing issues?

SW01

Just wondering how they c as n be the same size. The square edges look bigger. Just wondering.  
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Pfract

Man, now here is some amazing information on this thread. Thank you guys for sharing this! I am still surprised at the size of the AMS pump. It looks so blocky.... How could a person not prefer the Titan pump?

Hawk

In answer to SW01 they are not the same size.  I would have opted for A less advanced, less efficient pump if it was even smaller but I was told this is the smallest option available.

Tony, I consider the entire unit depicted to be part of the pump.  I think the narrow part beyond the pump is connecting ports for the tubing.  Yes, Titan tubing failures are its weak point but they have the same failure rate as the AMS  It really makes no difference to a patient whether the tubing or the cylinders fail.  What matters is frequency.  A failure is a failure.

Alibaba

Having had the AMS first and the Coloplast now, I can definitely state I like not having that huge block on top. The smaller size is much more comfortable without the size and the discomfort of the corners jutting out.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

TonySa

The block design is a dead give away to anyone feeling it.

TonySa

Ok, I added the block dimension as the depth.  It's a good 3/8" bulkier than the Coloplast pump.  Why in the world they do this I have no idea.  I'm happy w my AMS 700 CX, but now would have chosen the Titan and a peniscrotal approach if the doc allowed cycling the first week (as Dr Eid does).

Hawk

I have no idea who designs these, apparently some carpenter or some kid in a clay modeling class.  The deflate button on the Coloplast should be both a little larger diameter and raised slightly more.  The AMS has corners on it.  Where in the body do you find corners?  Even if it had to be that size why wouldn't you at least round the corners off ??  The tips are of the cylinders are pointed ???

I am very happy with my implant, I just can't understand how these changes are not common sense and when I mentioned them to Dr. Eid he agreed so it is not like there is some highly sophisticated reason that is beyond the patient's brain capacity.