Post Xilaflex and Loss of Length

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjljr

My apologies if this is in the FAQ.

I've been away from the board since 2014. Saw a Urologist in Boston for treatment with Xiaflex in its early production.

I've been lucky and my curvature is gone but I lost about 2.5" in length and gained sensitivity which leads to PE. I can treat the PE with lidocaine products.

Anyone else lose length from the Xiaflex procedure?

Any recommendations on how to gain any of the length back?

Thanks for your support.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc

TonySa

Traction and VED would likely be your best bet.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

JohnR

Funny you should ask...

My wife and have both noticed a loss of just over an inch. Was 7 3/4 before now 6 5/8" after 4 rounds of Xiaflex.

Another shot to the head in this battle... still ok but damn...
50 year old, onset in Feb. '18, diagnosed in Mar '18, 4 rounds of Xiaflex completed, little improvement, mentally overwhelmed...ED issues, major anxiety issues now.

Akbard

so xiaflex actually makes you lose length??  

jan.schaller1958

I was never told Xiapex makes you lose length, and I saw Dr Lue. And I never heard xiapex makes you lose length,
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

Akbard

i think this dorum does incresible. harm. withall the false ans misinformation. neverseen anything like it.  

jan.schaller1958

Akbard,

Yes. You are 100% correct. I really do not understand the purpose of people making unscientific and obviously false claims and letting those go unchallenged, all in the name, like some say, because this forum is for the free exchange of ideas. What? How is that helping anyone to tell them eating garlic or ginger might theoretically help Peyroines, or blaming their diets on Peyroines, when their diets are not any different than anyone else's who will never get Peyroines? That's just ridiculous. Especially if these people who develop Peyroines are young. The youth of some Peyroines sufferers makes these diet and lack of vitamins claims all the more absurd. They don't help anyone. They are just false.

Xiapex is the only injection proven to soften Peyroines plaque to make it more flexible. Dr Lue showed me two photos at my last appointment in February when he recommended Xiapex injections. One picture was of a roll of pizza dough. The other was the roll of dough all stretched out to make a pizza. The purpose of the injections was to soften the plaque so as to make it stretchable like soft pizza dough, to remodel it as they say. That remodeling can straighten the penis, and I would think it might even restore lost length (but Dr Lue never said) that. But the idea that Xiapex could shorten the penis doesn't make any sense. It's counterintuitive.  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

Tom_E

I gained length with xiaflex.  it softens and sometimes even breaks up the plaque.  If anyone is losing length, it is probably due to other plaques in other places or on the sides...etc.  Traction can help with length and vacuums with girth and maybe length to.  there is no magic bullet but xiaflex can sometimes be really good at reducing the curve when used with traction properly.  wait a day or two after the shot I would say.  
Please note, the penis may shorten during all the time you were not able to have sex or use it a lot.  it can shrink to from lack of use.  
Keep fighting the good fight guys.
Cheers,
Tom
Nov 2019-60% Dorsal Curve-Some calcification
6 Verapamil injections -not much change
Traction & VED & DMSO+Mix -some change
4 XIAFLEX shots plus Traction -good change
Curve now 38% +2\3 inch added
1 year process so far
Thanks guys and this website!

Shane43

I also gained length with Xiaflex, makes no sense to lose length. Can you cite any medical studies that show loss of length?
62YO, hourglass indent/hinging at base 30deg bend up 3cmx2cm hard plaque at dorsal base. No ED. 3 rounds Xiaflex decreased plaque/indent/hinge/bend. 1 year later, penis went from 7.5 to 5.5 in, but only 15 degree bend and no hinging.