How many pumps does it take?

Previous topic - Next topic

Petermanbo

Hi, I just got the Augusta VED and with all the problems with over pumping, I want to make sure I stay away from that. How many pumps does it take you to get hard? I'm following the directions and doing three pumps at a time and waiting in between. I get about 21 pumps in and I still am not erect. I can get hard without the pump just fine and it seems I'm making a good seal (the tube is foggy and I can feel the suction, etc. Any input on how many pumps it should take would be great. Thanks.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc

JS1991

Be careful with 21 pumps. For myself it depends on the cylinder. I don't use the A cylinder; in the B cylinder it is roughly 8-12 pumps; C cylinder is about 10-15 pumps. Keep in mind this is starting semi-erect and I've never gone above 15, but we all have different penises and I also believe the amount of fat you have around the base of your penis can affect suction, as can position of your scrotum. Be VERY careful not to pull any scrotal cords into the cylinder, as this can cause recurring pain/numbness and even varicocele. My best advice is to get semi-erect (maybe 30-40%, not much more), get a tight seal (press down towards the base of the penis, but not too hard; apply generous lubrication, even around the rim of the cylinder), and once each pump really draws your penis in without discomfort, you're good to continue with your VED session.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

Monty

hi, your ved does not give you a erection, it fills your penis with blood to the size of your max erection size, i use between 12 and 15 pumps to reach full erection size.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Hawk

Hmmmm,  That pretty much depends on the definition you use for erection.  I define erection as blood filling a penis to a firm state suitable for intercourse.  It can be triggered by night-time nerve impulses, touch, mental stimulation, oral and injected drugs, vacuum, or other means.  How the blood gets there is not the defining point.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Monty

yep go along with that, i will say, i have been using a VED for a year now and never had a erection from its use, as soon as i release the vacuum my penis starts to go flaccid, it does take a while to go completely flaccid, and with stimulation can hold a good size for some time, or slip a penis ring on.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life