Plaque Calcification

Previous topic - Next topic

FibrosisFrank

Hi everyone

I've been a member for a while but this is my first post. I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease just under two years ago. I have been out of the acute phase for 6 - 9 months now and decided to meet with a urologist to discuss Xiapex treatment, although, he said if the plaque has calcified then there is no point wasting money on this treatment. I know that the rate / onset of calcification depends on the genetics of the individual but does anyone have an idea how long this usually takes? I am having a scan next week to determine the level of calcification and subsequently if I can have the treatment. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TonySa

Dr Lue said he usually recommend surgery rather than xiaflex if the plaque is calcified.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

treeza1

Can you tell if the plaque has calcified or not or do you need an ultrasound?

tonyode

I believe the only sure way is an ultrasound.
Early 50s, 7 months diagnosed. 55 degree curve, indentation at base to the left.

TonySa

Ultrasound is only way to determine calcification.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.