Surgeon & Surgery Recommendations...

Previous topic - Next topic

johndoe

Hey fellas some help as I'm ready to go back under the knife and correct this "problem" once and for all.

I had a plication procedure done six years ago by an American doctor to fix about a 30 degree bend directly mid shaft. The doctor used the Nesbit procedure which ultimate worked by making my penis straight however the sutures were permanent and left me with huge knots right in the middle of my shaft. I had a few partners in the years following the procedure all of whom commented/inquired about the knots in my penis and asked "what was going on down there?" Needless to say I was embarrassed and essentially traded in one problem for another. The funny thing was that no partner I ever had mentioned anything about the curve in my penis although I knew they noticed it but nearly all of them asked about "those bumps." I eventually ended up getting the sutures removed which also brought back the curvature. That was two years ago.

I now have the time and money to readdress the issue but am a little overwhelmed with all the information on this forum and online in general. To those veteran members on here, especially the ones who have had surgery whether it be grafting or plication, if you can do it again where and with whom would you go to and what procedure would you get (grafting v. plication)?

Please help, thanks
JD

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TonySa

So your surgery options would be disollveable sutures for plication or excision and grafting?  I don't see how the dissoveable sutures work w plication, but some say it does?  Also, even dissolveable sutures can sometimes create scar tissue, thus leaving a knot anyway.  Excision and grafting can have erectile dysfunction side effects such as loss of sensation.  I have  this but have it slowly returning—mostly as pain now but returning and only one (which was uncomfortable) orgasm in 3 weeks since ok'd for masturbation.  30 degrees is borderline, sometimes limiting intercourse-sometimes not.  If it's somewhat useable for you then you have a lot of benefits/losses to weigh.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

johndoe

Thanks for the reply @tonysa

I'm deciding between grafting and STAGE. From my understanding STAGE removes small ellipses and closes them back closed with absorbable sutures. I guess just like any wound, or in this case the tunica heals together just as the skin would do in a scar revision surgery. I'm leaning more toward STAGE as I  hear it's the safer option but am open to a small graft if the surgeon has an excellent track record using them and feels confident it will work in my case as I like the idea of not having any length loss that's typically associated with STAGE.

Right now it's looking like Kuehhas in Vienna (at least for my first consultation) as he performs both grafting and STAGE but the reviews on here are very mixed.

Any other surgeon recommendations would be helpful, thanks.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

TonySa

Does the 30degree curve present problems?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

redbullmaster

Which way does the curve go, up down or left or right.

As an upward curve is desirable, any surgery carry's risks of ED so be sure you need it.

Was the curve always there or a result of injury?

johndoe

Curve is to the left and has always been there. I'm well aware of the risk involved and am willing to "take a chance" on getting my ideal result. What I mean by take a chance is to go to a top quality surgeon to help correct the little curvature I have. I wouldn't risk going to some newbie doc or some hack. I need the best which is why I'm here on the forums asking around.

Recommendations from veterans would be helpful as I'm trying to fit in a consultation within the next two weeks, thanks.
relationship status, etc

djordj

plication is the safest. talk to dr. gelman, he is the best  
relationship status, etc