Seriously considering implant

Previous topic - Next topic

TDix

I've read, exhaustively, as much info as possible here and elsewhere, and am really considering an implant to correct my condition.  My concern obviously is I do not suffer erectile dysfunction.  I can get erections just fine, but I am sick of the pain and growing plaque, and do not want to go through any procedure that will affect my length.  If you've read my story, you know Xiaflex is no longer an option for me.  I just want this crap to be over.  Any advice is welcome.  Thank all of you for your support
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Hawk

If you will read the top sticky post on this board "when Should I consider an implant" LINK ----> So you are beginning to wonder if or when you should consider an Implant - Peyronies Society Forums
you will see that My understanding is that an implant is not for someone that gets consistently reliable erections.

Even after 15 years on this forum, there are some basics I do not understand.  One is if small but noticeable injuries can trigger a run of Peyronies Disease then why do incision, excision, grafting, plication, and implants seem to never cause Peyronies Disease to run wild.  I frankly do not know the particulars of getting an implant when you are in the active phase even IF you had erectile dysfunction.  Alibaba might have some insight on this.

I have been busy and put off calling Dr. Eid for two weeks now.  Every time I think of it it is one of his days in surgery.  I intend to call him next week.   i am making a list of questions and I will ask about implant during the active phase and confirm if my understanding of NOT being a candidate if you have erectile functioning.

How much of a bend or curve do you have?
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TDix

I have at least a 30 degree curve to the left, and what started as a small dent on the left side has gotten more pronounced after my dorsal vein burst.  My plaque seems to have broken up also as a result of the vein rupturing, but now seems to have turned into more painful "shards" inside.  I know an implant usually is a last resort, and recommended if I also had ED, but I just don't want to wait and watch me lose length, develop more of a curve, develop more plaque, etc...

TDix

I am seeing my uro in 3 weeks and want as much info as possible to throw at him.  I'm sick of the constant pain and want this fixed.  To see that a year ago I had pain and a few small bb size lumps with no curve, and now I have a lot more plaque, a curve and a dent with a penis that went through a ruptured vein due to Xiaflex as well as sensitive new skin from multiple hematomas, I want to be as aggressive as possible to end this.  My sex life has been seriously affected as has basically my entire life.  Mentally I'm in the dumps

TDix

My uro has told me the last few visits that a surgery to go in and remove all the plaques would be fairly easy, but could not say I wouldn't lose any length.  Also there's the resulting scar from degloving, and seeing how I currently am over one month after a Xiaflex injection, I worry that going in and scraping around will not cause further complications in my case

TDix

Sorry Hawk, just read your sticky post.  Appears my discussion does not belong here.  Feel free to move to an appropriate area or I can simply delete.

Hawk

You are fine here TDix.  It started as an implant question so no problem.

TDix

I will post a pic in the appropriate area to show my current state.  I lost all my previous pictures when I got a new phone

TDix

Thanks Hawk for listening.  If you can let me know what Dr Eid says that would be an awesome piece of information for me.  I just want what all of us want, a pain free and straight penis that satisfies us and our partners.  

TDix

SW01

I will say this whole process is just mind numbing. It s just hard to imagine being in a situation where anyone takes a knife and puts any kind of a cut on my penis. Spell check won't say sick. D. Insert instead of s.

Hard to process. I have had a long road with several Drs., will see my 4th in a little over a week. This one at least wants to do an ultrasound and blood flow tests to see if I damaged myself when I fell a couple years ago. None have even considered that before this one. If I had not found this forum and the other one, i would have just let the first one put a titan in and trust they know what they are doing. The other forum is a bit hard to deal with at times. Could be my law enforcement background but bs makes me crazy. I have to say they did give me some good background but I feel more comfortable here.

Step 1. Find a dr who answers your questions. I am on my 4th one as previously stated. If they do not find another one. I will admit if this upcoming visit goes the way the other ones did, I am still going to either NYC or baltimore to have my junk cut on. If I am getting an implant I am getting it done by someone who does a shitload of them. Pardon my language.

Fyi. There is a really nice koa real close to bwi we stay at which is really reasonable. I figure if Kramer, a couple days at the Hampton a couple blocks away then move into my mh till I can drive back home. I have worked off and on in DC for years so if anyone wants personal recommendations feel free to PM me. Today's campers can be pretty nice. No soaking tub though.

I am pretty comfortable with either eid or Kramer after my research. Not sure I could say that on ft.

Right now trying to figure out this ved and traction until my issues get settled and my wife's surgery is done in dec. Then I will focus on mine and time frame.  
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

TDix

I hear you.  If I could get an implant I would in a heartbeat.  Of course, as through my life, things aren't that easy for me.  "You're approved for Xiaflex!"  Great!  3 shots in, multiple hematomas and a burst vein, not so much.  Traction?  Can't do it as my junk is all jacked up post rupture.  Same with VED.  Implant?  Love to, but can still get natural erections, so nope.  Posted in another area that I'm a wandering nomad in this Peyronies world where I feel right now I'm a lost cause.  Deal with the shards of glass in my dick and the pain they cause, and be happy I can have a natural erection and sex, albeit with PE and pain.....

Alibaba

TDix, shards of glass may be an accurate description. I ask doctors a lot of questions when I visit. I am a curious sort who wants to learn. I asked Dr. Rybak if the plaque ever calcified in the penis like it does in the lymph nodes. He said absolutely. Says some times it is just like a bone inside and when they break it up to install an implant he can actually hear it crunch. Pain is an allowed reason for Peyronies surgery.  In some cases an implant straightens w/o grafting. My question for your doctor would be whether given the problems you had with injection, how high would be your complication risk for penile repair surgery?  It might be less risk for you and a possible way to get an implant if you feel the need for it to have an implant as it would take less healing, and less involved with the dick parts that have been a problem.  That all said, there is no beating a natural erection as long as it consistently works.

SW01, if you can stay near Baltimore for a couple weeks in your land yacht, I think you would be good. Take this as an addendum to my message to you sir.

Cheers boys. In due time, this will all be sorted.  
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

TDix

Revisiting this thread I started way back when.  I had excision and grafting, and am happy I did that, but have developed a bulge where the graft was placed and now have a hinge effect.  Looking more and more like an implant in my future

Hawk

I was over a dozen years late deciding on an implant so I say it is from that frame of reference that I say this.  It would be difficult to convince me that excision, grafting, or any other such surgery is a good route IF an individual has ANY degree of ED.  Even without ED I think anyone over 50 should use a Titan implant by a TOP surgeon as the solution.  An implant has fewer complications, shorter healing time, and no chance of coming out of surgery with erectile problems or even developing them unless you wear out an implant.

TDix

Thank you for your reply Hawk.  I am seeing Dr Yafi on Monday, so I'll keep everyone updated

Pfract

Good luck Tdix! This is no easy decision, but you have some good diaries to give you insight here. :)