Invicorp

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandelay

Any experiences with invicorp (Aviptadil, Phentolamine)? Is it better than Caverject?

Hawk

I am pretty anti injections for ED since it caused my Peyronies and ultimate loss of length.  Some people do get away with it for longer and with fewer problems than other men.  I injected bimix for 8 months 2 -3 times weekly.  Bimix is Phentolamine / Papaverine

TriMix adds Alprostadil.  Alprostadil belongs to a class of medications known as prostaglandins

Caverject is Alprostadil alone.  Aviptadil is Alprostadil and Phentolamine So it is a type of bimix that swaps  Alprostadil for Papaverine

From my experience and understanding, Caverject causes pain with the erection (I only had one shot).  It is just an aching that you wish would go away. I THINK however that it does not normally cause fibrosis where the other two drugs can cause fibrosis.  Basically, you choose between possible painful erections or fibrosis although these are side-effects that all men do not experience.

You just have to experiment to see what works best for you but PLEASE monitor you size, bend, etc.  Everyone that injects needs to be very alert to any changes in their penis.  Get precise measurement first and monitor any changes in size or shape.  Keep in mind that just because you stop injecting at the first sign of fibrosis or deformity does NOT mean the deformity will stop progressing.  Once Peyronies Disease has been triggered it runs a course of its own.

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

pey ron

@hawk: what gauge needle were you using?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Hawk

Very small insulin needles  30 gauge.  Sometimes 29 Guage

TonySa

Also, if injecting: after EVERY injection compress the site for 8-10 minutes to stop all INTERNAL bleeding which can lead to micro trauma and peyronies.  (Just waiting for the external bleeding to stop us NOT adequate.). These are Dr Lyes instructions and he is convinced this is what creates the problems w injections (my peyronies was also caused by injections).  I don't know if all or most peyronies injection induced cases can be prevented this way—but certainly an important prevention effort.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Quote from: TonySa on October 26, 2018, 11:32:47 AM
Also, if injecting: after EVERY injection compress the site for 8-10 minutes to stop all INTERNAL bleeding which can lead to micro trauma and peyronies......  I don't know if all or most peyronies injection induced cases can be prevented this way—but certainly an important prevention effort.

This is clearly important.  Whole blood deposited in tissue can by itself cause fibrosis.  That is often the cause of adhesions after surgery.  Having said that, the agents in Bimix are known to have a side-effect of fibrosis.  It is on the pharmaceutical insert.  In addition, Dr. Eid assured me this is known to erectile dysfunction doctors.

TonySa

Oh I had known this I would have started w the Rx that is less likely to cause fibrosis.  A sticky on injection drugs might be a helpful addition to the ED forum.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

mlc2010

Quote from: Vandelay on October 23, 2018, 01:05:22 PM
Any experiences with invicorp (Aviptadil, Phentolamine)? Is it better than Caverject?

Uk User here

I can confirm in my case, invicorp works better than 40mcg of caverject of me, dont ask why, it just does

Vandelay

mlc2010

Thanks. I'll try it. If it doesn't work I'll have to get an implant.

Chimp2020

Invicorp is way better than Caverjet- much better erections and zero pain after injection

Also using the caverjet (Viridal duo) system - I find the needles are difficult to insert/ hurts more. The ache from the alprostadil just makes you want to not use it. For me the ache from feeling any pleasure.

Try Invicorp before giving up on injections - much less pain to do actual injection and no horrible aching.  Only issue is  that you need to store in fridge.

Good luck
Age 47
Had ED all my life, tried all the meds
Dupuytren's with mild peyronies