The Imperfect Implant. What to expect?

Previous topic - Next topic

Alibaba

I wrote this 17 months ago and even today have not read it so I may need to edit my views slightly but still think it is worth a read.  No matter what I have to say here, choosing a skilled doctor who communicates and has your interests in mind is vital for success. We all go into the doctor's office after on line research with predetermined ideas in mind. A healthy discussion with a doctor who will communicate will help you determine whether your predetermined idea of what is ideal for you is really ideal. Ask questions of your doctor. Ask questions of patients of that doctor who have the same implant he wants to install. Ask questions here. Keep an open mind. Some doctors are like used car salesmen and will sell you anything to get it off the shelf and bill your insurance.  Some doctors take a lot of pride in their work. There are many but I mention Eid, Karpman and Kramer as some of those who communicate and have good patient experience ratings per posts over the years. In the same respect, weigh the opinions of those who tell you their experience. Some are willing to accept any half assed botched implant full of tip extenders, pumps at the base of their dick, tubes wrapped around whatever, loss of length and a multitude of things others of us would call a complete failure and botch job. With all that in mind, our bodies are very variable machines to work with thus the following post:

Everyone of we implantees seeks the perfect implant. By perfect most of us in the back of our minds want what we had when we were 16. Natural and hard.
The fact is implants make us hard but they are not perfect. They have tubing. They have reservoirs. They have hard tips on each end. Some have hard extensions. Many have glitchy pumps that sometimes pump, sometimes not, sometimes deflate, sometimes not. Some leak, some wear out prematurely. Some leave us with a skinnier or shorter erection or both. Many leave us with a soft glans and areas of numbness. Some have pumps with corners that jut out,. pumps that war with the testicle beside it, pumps that shoot like an arrow into the netherlands, and tiny little buttons you cannot find without a search party. Some are smooth as silk and some have puckers and crinkles in them that stab the crap out of you ( though they get better or you get used to them over time, I don't know which).

I say all this for one reason. Y'all, every one of you, need to have reasonable expectations. No more vacuum pumps. Great. No more needles, great. No more ( hopefully) expensive pills, suppositories or gels ( hopefully). No more erection rings that hurt like a bitch so you stop early or hurry to get done to get that bitch off before it pinches your dick off. With all this they are not perfect. Choose your doc, choose your model, let the man with the meter stick measure to fit and hope for the best. Take your time to heal, take your time to get used to it, learn how to run this damned contraption and be happy if you can. With patience and an open mind most can be happy. Surely your wife will be happy as your old dick, just like a cucumber, had a limited shelf life. Be good to your doctor if he is good to you and makes the effort. These things have limits and each model has its drawbacks so make sure you are clear whether your perceived issues are really issues are just faults of the design of the product. Have an open mind. Your doctors are not magicians. A good doctor does the best he can with what he has to work with and many of us do not give him much there, the basis for our E.D. to start with. Keep in mind that even though our bodies are similar, they are also intensely variable. Different sizes, different veinous structures, some scarred, some not.  If your fellow brothers have issues, encourage them and advise them honestly with your own experience to smooth the way for them. If you do have an issue, ask yourself, is correcting this one issue worth the risk of another implant to correct it?  If you have multiple issues, pain, unable to get hold of the pump because it is too high, a floppy glans, then having the work re-done may be worth it, but if it is something you can live with and it works, maybe waiting till you wear that sucker out might be your best bet. Keep in mind all surgery has risk, though it is minimal with a good doctor, controlled diabetes, good hygiene and if you quit smoking. A good outcome requires your co-operation in care too.  It is amazing how many friends you can make with a little sound advice and a little cheer when all seems sucky. Be well, be hard, and enjoy. Cheers and the best to everyone
Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Pfract

Another stellar post Ali! May the gods look down upon you and be kind to you for all stuff like this. You deserve it. I could not agree more.

Alibaba

Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders