The PICS Technique: new technique for curvature correction post implant

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Interesting and I am sure very encouraging for those with a curve over 45 degrees.  I do know however that WarrenW had a 45-degree curve and was totally straightened just with a Titan implant with no further surgery.so while the study shows those with a curve of over 40 degrees I think the extra surgery is likely avoidable with that degree of bend.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

I agree, very interesting.  Dr Kramer has a video where he also released the plaque with incisions, I'm not sure but I think I remember he then puts some loose sutures in place to hold it rather than the fleece.  I understand the fleece does not need sutures and as thus may require more healing time to stabilize before inflation (didn't yet read the full article).  As far as avoiding the additional operation and risk of loss of sensation from lifting the neurovascular bundle one consideration is severe hourglassing which I was told cannot he addressed by an implant alone.  So many considerations make this a complex decision—thus a forum like this really helps!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

I had what I called a dent or scoop in the underside of the base of my penis.  It was on the left underside of the base.  Dr. Eid referred to it as hourglassing.  What I think of as classic hourglassing comes in from both sides.  In any event, the Titan got rid of that from the moment it was implanted.  I would think that with the girth expansion of a non-LGX implant it would be totally suited for hourglass deformity.  That might not be the case though based on your statement.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

For me the hourglassing started as a dent and then expanded to total narrowing of the circumfance.  I hear the AMS CX or LGX may help in some cases with hourglassing just not as much as incision or excision.  If any excision or incision the LGX is contraindicated.  Glad to hear the Titan can eliminate dents.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.