Length expansion. AMS (LGX & CX) vs. Coloplast (Titan)

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

The AMS LGX is advertised to have expansion potential in length and width up to 20% (of expandable portion of cylinder only), the AMS CX in width only while the Coloplast Titan does not make that claim.

However, research shows that after 2 years all three models resulted in length expansion as follows:  
AMS LGX: 1.2 cm
AMS CX: 1.1 cm
Titan: .9 cm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28537700/

Regular cycling is usually recommended to maximize length expansion of all models.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Alibaba

Milam 1/13/16-LGX 21cm - BAD service & surgical outcome Hated infrapubic.
Kramer revision 3/1/17 Titan 22cm + 1.5 cm extenders

Hawk

Thanks for the post,TSanchez.  Good data to know. To me, the claim that the LGX expands in length up to 20% (and I think at one time they said up to 25%) does not tell us much.  The study you posted tells much more.  I used penis traction for years.  My traction device expands up to 60% YIPPPEEE!!!  Oh, but wait, my penis sure didn't.  For men to speculate that because an implant laying on a table can expand in length by 20% that their penis will do the same is wishful thinking.  That is another way of saying it is not thinking at all.  Certainly, any high volume surgeon that implants both brands will tell you that if sized properly they will both give the same result in length.  Interestingly enough, they don't say that about girth.  They say that over time the Titan will possibly give you more girth.  They also don't say they are the same in axial rigidity .  The Titan is known and tested to be less likely to bend or buckle under stress.  The longer the penis, the greater the importance of axial rigidity.  

Keep in mind that it might be far more accurate to say that the LGX shrinks in length when deflated than to say it expands in length when inflated.  While both are true, the LGX expands in length to the length of your erect penis as does a well sized Titan.  The Titan, however, will only decrease in length about 5% when deflated.  My penis is only a half inch shorter when "flaccid" than when "Erect". When inflated the Titan and the LGX both start from the length of your erect penis.  Let's assume a length of 6 inches.  The Titan will only shorten by about 1/3 of an inch while the LGX will shorten 1 1/4".   That is why their ads do not say "LGX for a longer penis than any other implant."  Such an ad would have men lined up to get one even if they did not have ED.  Their ads say "Hard for the bedroom, soft for the locker room."  Deflated the LGX is both shorter and has softer, somewhat more natural feeling cylinders.  Both feel totally natural inflated.

In case you are not sick of me droning on, let me also add that if you are over 4" long, girth means more than length.  For some reason, like most guys, I started out as a kid obsessed with length.  Maybe that is because we only had rulers or it might have been because we were stupid in math.   Unless you use a lot of math you probably forgot that if you double the length of a cylinder you increase the volume times two.  If you double the girth however you increase the volume times four.  

I have a friend that for reasons I forget thought it would be a good idea to put larger diameter water pipes in his basement.  He said it never occurred to him but he has to run the water forever to get hot water to the bathroom.  I don't recall the diameter of the pipes involved but it was probably like doubling the length of the run if he only went up slightly in diameter.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

Absolutely and as far as girth the Titan starts w more girth and thus no need for possible expansion as w the ANS  CX or LGX.   (This isn't a case of preference for my own installed brand as I have the AMS CX.)
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Hawk

The girth issue is that the AMS LGX is limited in girth by a mesh reinforcing cover.  The Titan has no such limitations and is limited only by the limits of the cavernosa.  In fact, if a man has a very thin tunica the Titan can expand so much in girth it can lose axial rigidity.

TonySa

Hawk

That might be an overstatement.  It is also known for tubing failures.