Erections in acute phase

Previous topic - Next topic

Username

Are erections bad for the penis in the acute phase? I thought they were good because it keeps the penis mobilized so it doesn't heal improperly.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

TonySa

Most say erections are healthy for recovery.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

diehardpatriot

is your peyronies caused by in injury? If it was, rest and avoid erections for now. If it wasnt, erections are good as they keep scar tissue from settling in and deforming your penis
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

Username

I believe it was caused by too much masturbation. I can't think of a specific injury but one day I looked at my flaccid penis in the mirror and it was really constricted. Isn't all Peyronies due to an injury though? Does this mean I should avoid masturbation entirely as well? I have been abstaining for almost a month now and plan on continuing but some people have said masturbation is good if done rarely. I don't know why any masturbation at all would be good though.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

Monty

Hi, I think the longer you can rest from masturbation will help, erection come and go, mostly out of your control, so i would have no fear from erections.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

skunkworks

Erections are necessary for a healthy penis.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]