Surgery scar reduction

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

Hi all, I'm four weeks post op excision, grafting and implant.  My degloving scar is quite hard and a completee distraction when masturbating and keeping me from orgasm.  Anyone have this and how long before it softened?  Or any strategies for softening it?  Thxs , Tony  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

diehardpatriot

Try putting some scar cream on it?? They have some at every pharmacy  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

TonySa

Thanks, I looked around and did a little research.  It seems Vaseline is as good as anything on the market with the exception of silicon being more effective.  The sheets even more do because it keeps the moisture sealed in.  I'll give it a shot and report back.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

daved2

Tsanchez. I'm at the four-week point on my surgery, and still have my stitches in at my gloving site. Everyone heals differently, but I would refrain from any masturbation or sexual activity, until the scar fully heals.got the six to eight week point, is usually, the point where most people can notice an acceptable amount of healing. Again, ask your doctor, but my experience comma after having 3 surgeries, where degloving  was involved, I waited at least 6 to 8 weeks
50 years old, tried 5 rounds of Xiaflex, had Egydio grafting surgery, then Stage sutures for residual curve, then plication in 9/18, now finally I have a straight penis

TonySa

Thanks Dave, I was cleared for mastubation last week (week 4) But not doing it much or very long as it just feels uncomfortable...maybe it is stitches I'm feeling...

redbullmaster

Never heard anybody recommend under 6 weeks for that type of surgery  

TonySa

Yea, I was excited at first but now holding off till I see him next week.  When I tried it was with the lightest of grip.

diehardpatriot

tony, i complete forgot. When i played basketball in highschool i got scratched pretty bad on the face. No stitches but it no doubt was an open wound. I did research and the main thing to prevent scarring is keeping it moist. I apllied neosporin almost hourly to prevent scarring. It still scarred, but not too bad. Then I would put mederma on it nightly for a few weeks but i got annoyed with that plus some girls told me the scar was cute. So i left it and overtime it faded. I think keeping it moist while it closed helped mediate the scarring process  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

TonySa

Thxs, very important recommendation thus Vaseline or silicone gel/sheet.

TonySa

Pics of silicon gel sheet application around degloving scar:
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,10856.0.html
(Must be a member)