VED purchasing and supply questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Luciano

Quote from: Rockout on April 15, 2011, 05:21:27 PM
They sell the SOMAerectStf for $595 but that requires a prescription.
http://www.augustams.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=157&Category_ID=4
I just followed the link... and it says (when you go to shop) : add to cart
when you add it.. you can buy it. didn't see anything about requiring a prescription.

Old Man

Luc:

The Vitality VED is available from Augusta without an RX. However, the SomaSTF does require an RX. Have also noticed that Augusta has removed the link to their men's health section from their home page. So, there appears to be no link to the extra cylinders and sizing inserts like it was sometime ago, so who knows what is going on with that company.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Rockout

Quote from: Old Man on April 16, 2011, 10:43:02 AM
Luc:

The Vitality VED is available from Augusta without an RX. However, the SomaSTF does require an RX. Have also noticed that Augusta has removed the link to their men's health section from their home page. So, there appears to be no link to the extra cylinders and sizing inserts like it was sometime ago, so who knows what is going on with that company.

Old Man
Thanks Old Man,
Do you know the difference between the Vitality and the SomaSTF? Is it just the additional smaller cylinders (A and B) or are there others differences? The cylinders used to be 55.00 each and they retail the Vitality for 199.00 but the SomaSTF is 595.00 (Wow). It seems like quite a jump in price for two plastic tubes.

Perhaps the European link that Lucian posted earlier is the way to go these days to get all three cylinders.

Luciano

Very strange indeed, just a question, the one I just got, calls itself soma correct with 3 cylinders
http://www.imedicare.eu/products.html

If you click stf, then they have 5 cylinders. so obviously they must somehow sell them separately:
http://www.imedicare.eu/sizetofit.html
But I cant find the link to purchase separate cylinders. Maybe the stf meens only different rings?
Either call them or send a mail, they were very nice and it seems the person on the phone processes the orders also (as I asked her to send to another adress).

Rockout

Quote from: Luciano on April 16, 2011, 11:00:02 AM
Very strange indeed, just a question, the one I just got, calls itself soma correct with 3 cylinders

Luciano, you got yours from the link above? Are they a reliable seller? I am in Canada, perhaps I will enquire as to them shipping to Canada.  

Luciano

Yes I got it from them. But so you dont run into trouble, send them a mail to ask for shipping.
Because you pay with paypal, which I think is good.
But in the cart there is only an option 7.65 shipping.
I clicked it, but they then sent me a mail, saying: sorry 7.65 is shipping to UK only. To austria its an extra 12.00
So I sent them an extra 12.00 per paypal and then they sent it the next day.

Took 5 days to be delivered.

Now I am in Europe (Austria)
I have no idea how much they charge for shipping to Canada.
But it worked very well.

Luc

Rockout

Thanks Luciano,

As long as they are reliable I will check them out. PayPal adds some protection for sure.

Before I proceed down the path of ordering from the UK, does anyone know of any other sources for less than roughly $375 USD for the three cylinder Vitality VED? I know I can get a single cylinder one for roughly $100 USD but I would still need the other two for the three cylinder protocol.

Thanks in advance!

fubar

Rockout

The answer to your question in your last pm to me is ,yes.You need to empty your mailbox it is full.

Fubar

Rockout

Quote from: fubar on April 17, 2011, 06:23:53 PM
Rockout

The answer to your question in your last pm to me is ,yes.You need to empty your mailbox it is full.

Fubar

Thanks Fubar - I emptied the inbox  :)

Rockout

I was considering buying my three cylinder VED through the outfit in the UK that Luciano posted.
I emailed the link below and got a very prompt reply from Darren:
"I am afraid our remit to distribute SOMAerect doesn't extend beyond the boundaries of the EU. Please redirect your interest to the manufacturers based in Augusta, Georgia, USA: www.augustams.com, I am fairly certain they have a Canadian distributor in place."

I then called Augusta and they do not have any Canadaian distributors. I thenm asked about the smaller A nad B cylinders and she said they took them off the site and they are only available to people who have the SOMA Erect system already. Ugghh! Then I asked if I could buy the SOMA Erect and if I don't have a precription, it will be $595, plus shipping and handling - WOW, that is a lot of money!

Two questions.

1- Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper Augusta SOMA system over the counter?
2- Is a one cylinder VED protocol effective?

Luciano

Quote from: Rockout on April 18, 2011, 07:38:43 PM

Two questions.

1- Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper Augusta SOMA system over the counter?
2- Is a one cylinder VED protocol effective?

Really sorry to hear that they dont ship overseas!
As to the one cylinder VED protocol  i actually dont know.
But I would suppose that if you get 2 one cylinder veds of different sizes, it should do the trick.
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,696.0.html
At the bottom of the 3 single VED protocol it says, that if the small VED is to small for you and doesnt feel comfortable, replace the small cylinder in the protocol with the medium one.
So IMHO 2 VEDs of different sizes should be fine.
But I would contact "Old Man" as he seems to have lots of experience with the protocols.

Luc

Old Man

Rockout:

Yes, there is a one cylinder protocol listed in the VED board under that title. Just look it up on the home page under the VED board section.

It was developed by me for those who needed a one cylinder protocol. It does take longer to produce results than the three cylinder model though, so give it more time if you elect to go that route.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

dioporcolorisolvo

Hi, where can i buy on the web a good 3cylinder vacuum device?
I'm from italy.  Thanks

pvpey

After PMing with "Old Man" and reading the forum, I contacted the company and was informed that they no longer carry the 3 cylinder device. I was told that the manufacturer would not allow them to sell extra parts, tubes etc.. and thus they stopped carrying the product.

However they did give me the name of the distributor, Vitality Medical and it was easy to find them through a Google search. www.vitalitymedical.com . Vitality carries VED devices from the following companies : Encore, Osbon ErecAid, POS-T-VAC, Timm Osbon. So my question to those of having success using this treatment is what brand and model should I purchase? There is quite a big price difference for these devices, up to over $500.

Maybe I missed it or Old Man can post it again, but I didn't see a model number when reading the forum here, but vaguely remember POS-T-VAC mentioned somewhere. When I called Fitzz I simply asked for the 3 cylinder version that Peyronies patients request and that's when they told me they no longer carried it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

pvpey

www.vitalitymedical.com Ask others for suggested model #.

pvpey

After more reading here and some medical sites it would seem the 3 cylinder Soma Correct Soma Blue VED is made for Peyronies sufferers. But I haven't seen it offered for less than $500 online. Is this right? Or are there more affordable, but as effective devices offered. Hell, I've wasted far more than that amount on useless Verapamil ointment, but that was over a 6 month period. Just wondering if I should bite the bullet and pull the trigger paying this much or what my options are.

I also read where one member had Verapamil Injections and then started using the pump with very good success. Anybody have experience or input? Thanks

Old Man

pvpey:

Read my PM to you dated 5/31/11 today.

Old Man

Itsallmyfault

I've just joined this forum as my husband has Peyronie's.  We are looking for a VED system to use after his surgery next week.  Do you have a source for the 3 cylinder system for less than $500, Old Man?  

I'd also like to say thank you to those that post here- I've had trouble finding good information from people who are going through the same thing!

-M

Old Man

M:

Read my PM to you this date.

Old Man

idreamon

Hi old man, i am in the same situation as M, been around in this forums for a long time and recently decided to commit to the 3 cylinder Soma Correct Soma Blue VED therapy. Would really appreciate your help. Thank you sincerely.
-J

Old Man

idreamon:

See my PM to you this date.

Old Man

chris306

Hello Gentlemen (and Ladies),

First off, let me say that I have been a lurker here for a while and the information I have gotten from the many posters here has been invaluable in ways that I cant even describe....So, thank you...........I purchased the 3 cylinder ved with the manual pump head from fittz over a year ago (manufactured by Augusta). Well, long story short the warranty has run out and the manual pump has broken. (Something snapped...no pun intended...inside the pump, rendering it useless.) I've been looking for a replacement manual pump as i do not want to purchase the entire product again. If anyone here could help with a place where i can buy just a replacement pump or even from someone on the board who either has an extra one they don't use or is no longer using the protocal as therapy it would be a big help. If someone on the board has one, and is willing to sell it, I of course will pay the shipping costs as well. Thanks everyone.

Chris

Old Man

Chris:

Even though the warranty has run out, you should still be able to purchase just the pump head from the Augusta Medical Systems who made the unit.

Go to their web site and use the contact section to ask them about purchasing one. Or, get their 800 number off their web site and call the customer service representative and discuss purchasing one that way.

I am sure that you are not the first customer who has broken the pump and needed a replacement.

Old Man

Worried Guy

Chris,

I'm currently using the oborn esteem model and you get a 5 year warranty with that!  It is more expensive to buy first time round though.  You have been using the VED for over a year!?  Have you not experienced all the gains you are likely to benefit from?  Have you noticed much in the way of improvement?  I guess using a VED for maintenance is a good idea anyway.

fubar

Chris
I know AmericandiabetesWholesale.com use to sell all the parts to the vitality.A pump use to be 47.99$.Does not seem they list parts as an option anymore.You might want to call them.I bought a replacement ved from them For 68.99$,now they are priced at 109.99$ shipping included.Might want to check out diabetes4less the vitality priced at 99.00$ .I do not know what they charge for shipping.

Good luck,  fubar

Straightasafirehose

Hey guys,

I went to purchase the Vitality OTC model from diabetessupplies4less.com, which is still available.

However, when I went to the Augusta website to purchase the 2 additional cylinders,they were no longer listed on their products page... What gives?

Old Man

Straightasafirehose:

See my PM to you this date in answer to yours.

Old Man

Cort

First I would like to thank all of you, this board has made me feel like less of a leper.

I noticed about a year ago that I was having some pain when I got an erection, but I ignored it until I noticed that I was losing girth near the head and I could feel some plaque under the skin. I went to my urologist and he said that I did indeed have Peyronies... Over the past few months I've lost girth in the top inch or two and have developed a 15 degree upward bend.

On reading about them in this forum I purchased a Vitality and it should be arriving this friday. It is just the 1 cylinder model, my insurance won't pay for the three. I noticed that I can't purchase the other 2 cylinders from Augusta. I see that Old Man has been sending out PMs when people mention this. Is there any way I can buy the other 2 cylinders from somewhere?

Also does it sound like VED will work for me? I read that the Traction devices don't really work well on peyronies near the tip. So I was hoping VED would help me regain some girth and correct the bend a little.

Thanks again guys, this board has helped get me out of a funk.

fubar

Cort

You have to arm yourself the best you can. This disease is a b#"'ch.No there is no way you can purchase the other cylinders.So you might need to be creative.This disease was definately not our decision neither is a cure.

Old man created a single ved protocol for jackp I would look into it.If you want a three cylinder ved by Augusta you need to visit your doctor and let him know this is your choice as you will need a prescription.

As wether the ved or traction works  wonders don't know but I have had good results from both.That is what counts,  all our symptoms are different and we may not get the same results.

I do think one should keep their mind open to choices because i don't want to think I'm one of the lucky one complete reversal at like 1 or less percent of the diseased.

Keep this in mind all physical devices may cause damage.

Fubar

dioporcolorisolvo

Quote from: fubar on July 06, 2011, 10:38:35 PM
Cort

You have to arm yourself the best you can. This disease is a b#"'ch.No there is no way you can purchase the other cylinders.So you might need to be creative.This disease was definately not our decision neither is a cure.

Old man created a single ved protocol for jackp I would look into it.If you want a three cylinder ved by Augusta you need to visit your doctor and let him know this is your choice as you will need a prescription.

As wether the ved or traction works  wonders don't know but I have had good results from both.That is what counts,  all our symptoms are different and we may not get the same results.

I do think one should keep their mind open to choices because i don't want to think I'm one of the lucky one complete reversal at like 1 or less percent of the diseased.

Keep this in mind all physical devices may cause damage.

Fubar

When did you start traction or VED since did you discover the disease?

Moses

I have a vitality ved that I purchased a few months back and its comes with one cylinder (C). If anyone wants to sell the A & B cylinders, I would be interested purchasing them. You can send me a personal message and I will get back with you.

Thanks
Phil

Straightasafirehose

Hey guys,

I tried to order the Augusta One Cylinder VED from diabetessupplies4less as Old Man suggested, but unfortunately the company does not ship to Canada. Does anyone have an alternative site to order from?

xrt

Hi there i'm new to the forum but I've been reading it for maybe the last 5 years.

I am young (23) and have pretty severe peyronies, with a 50 degree bend to the left and at least a 45 degree twist.

I have done verapamil + vitamin e combinations and trental for a while. Didn't do anything. This looks like something I'm keen to give a really good shot though.

One problem - I keep reading these threads trying to find the best model to buy - i'm convinced I need to get a 3 cylinder one (money isn't a problem when it comes to peyronies for me - i'll spend every last cent on it to get rid of it if I have to), but where do I buy it from and how much is it?

Is there some sort of reason why this can't be posted on a public forum? As everytime somebody asks people seem to just PM.

Also, just wanted to say Old_Man after reading your posts for maybe 5 years now, you've motivatd me to come back (I gave up on my peyronies for the last 3 years) and give this a try, and I will definitely keep you updated with my progress after I've ordered my unit.

If it's a pm or a reply to this thread, it would be greatly appreciated as to which VED I need and where to buy it from.

Just briefly on my peyronies - i've had it since I was 12, and i'm 23 now.... so I think it's very hard and calcified but I'm still going to be absolutely estatic if ANY progres is made. I also have a pretty bad hourglass deformity around the mid that causes a lot of bucking so I'm pretty keen to see if I can reduce that as well.

Many thanks guys

Old Man

xrt:

OK, glad to assist you in any way with your quest for some relief from this horrible mess called Peyronies Disease. It appears that you are favoring the 3 cylinder model VED as your weapon of choice for your therapy.

Early on, the lessor priced 3 cylinder VED was available through the Fitzz medical supply company, but you know the rest of the story there from reading the threads/posts about that issue. So, as you say that money is not object in getting a good VED, then you should consider getting the SomaSTF three cylinder VED from the Augusta Medical Systems company. However, it will require an RX from either your GP or URO stating you need it for ED, not Peyronies Disease. The FDA made them take it off the market as a Peyronies Disease therapy unit since the company did not conduct a clinical trials for using it in Peyronies Disease therapy. I am sure that you can convince one or the other of these docs to prescribe it for you. So, go that route.

You might be able to find the SomaSTF VED on a distributor for Augusta products, so do some homework in search that way. Sometimes, they are listed in EBay, so take a look there too. Let me know if I can help further.

Old Man

fubar

Like old man said

For Ed not Peyronie's. Peyronie's. Is not consider a big deal to the medical community as we have all learned.One mans nightmare is another mans treasure,  go figure I want testicle implants doc can you help me?

Go in with Your rag wet and wring it out on his desk

Write everything you want to address down so you come prepared.Wasted time will only anger you.Make them listen they listen to breast.

You are important its all about survival when you get down do it.Winner or looser.I'm better than both I will conquer this!

Fubar

PS. If somthimg does not conquer me first

NotHard

Hi guys,

Sorry only second post here, I think I am in the Main forum area ???

On the Advice of "OLD MAN", I"m looking for some Aussie Help, as to how to obtain a
vitality OTC pump in Australia or an overseas company that will send to Australia.  All of the
companies I have googled and been refered to won't post to Aussie. :(

Another question for the Aussie's is Pentox, recognized or prescribed in Australia if not where can
I order it from, sounds like worth trying.

Any help please................Cheers Nothard.

csp

Try Amazon, they carry the Vitality OTC for $113.94 and ship to everywhere.

stuartmar

I personally used the Osbon Esteem one cylinder for my VED therapy. It just took longer to do than the three cylinder model would have done.  

Rockout

Quote from: stuartmar on July 15, 2012, 05:57:52 AM

It just took longer to do than the three cylinder model would have done.
What do you mean it took longer?

fubar

Rockout

I have heard that it takes longer before. I believe that the idea of the smaller cylinders stretching and compressing
The penis against the cylinder walls it is assumed that the treatment is more effective and corrects faster. Whether this is fact would be hard to prove but in theory makes possible sense.

Fubar

Mitchell

Hi all, I just recently discovered this forum and decided to join instead of lurking. First off, thank you all very much for providing the wealth of information I've read on here, it's been such a blessing. I decided to post an intro here since I decided VED is my best course of option and I had a question regarding purchasing that I hope some of you would be able to answer:
I am relatively young, in my 20s, I was diagnosed about two months ago with peyronies when I visited my urologist concerning a sharp downward curve.  I have noticed the curve a few years back, it gradually worsened and stopped probably about a year or two ago. When fully erect I have a sharp downward bend (not 90 degrees but very noticeable).  However, I never experienced any pain during sex and with just a little pressure it straightens out to a slight bend, maybe 20-30 degrees (I am totally estimating here), which has just made some positions uncomfortable.  That being said, I would like to reduce the curvature as it just looks weird and has caused tremendous embarrassment to me.  I have no clue how I might have injured my penis, I went to the urologist, he diagnosed the problem as peyronies and told me to try verapmil. I did some researching online and of course it has led me to here. Based on readings so far I have concluded VED is probably my best option.

I am ready to order the Augusta OTC single cylinder device from total diabetes supply. However, I wanted to see if any of you have more insights you could share with me if this is the best way to go. So far from reading some of the threads it seems the 3 cylinder device works the best. However, like many others, I really don't want to drop $500 plus on my first order.  I would gladly buy it if that was the only option available. However, posts here seemed to indicate single cylinder devices produce great results as well, albeit with more time required. And it looks like purchasing the OTC single cylinder device then ordering the two other cylinders is no longer an option. My main question then is this, if after continued use for say, 20 weeks and the Augusta OTC produces no results, would the 3 cylinder device be an additional avenue worth exploring?

Again, I want to thank you all for your contributions to this forum and for reading this. I appreciate all of the information I have received just by reading a few threads.  

tee-lee

Mitchell....I had the same questions going in.  Then I thought, "if there's anything I'm willing to be a big spender on...it's my 'hangman'".  So, I took the plunge on the Augusta 3-cylinder device.  It just seemed to make more "common sense" to me...the 3-cylinder approach.  And I'm about 6 weeks in and feel it was worth it so far.  Definitely seeing results.

swolf

Mitchell, I can help you out with some of my extra tubing if you decide to buy the Vitality VED. You may need access to tools to cut it further but otherwise it should work. You can PM me if you need it, though I might not be able to send it immediately.

Norm

Does anyone know what the normal inside diameter is for the small cylinder of a 3-cylinder VED? I have purchased a one cylinder from the diabetic supply and want to fabricate my own small cylinder. But I have no idea what a good inside diameter would be. Anyone know? The device I bought has a 2.25" inside, so I know what my outside needs to be for the small one.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

swolf

If you bought the VED I think you bought (Augusta Vitality?) you can follow the directions by Buckeye given here: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,642.msg34623.html#msg34623 It has exact measurements and everything you need to know.

Norm

I thought I had seen every post here. Guess not. I had not seen that one. It is a very good description of how he did it. The main thing is, now I know the ID that I am aiming for, 1 1/2". I am much obliged to you for pointing this out to me and to Buckeye for his post. I plan to take a little different approach, but hope the end result will be the same. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

swolf

Yeah, as long as you have the concept down it doesn't really matter how you go about accomplishing it. I followed Buckeye's directions but I think for some reason my measurements came out differently, I don't quite remember. But it works.

flac

Hi. I have decided to buy a VED some weeks ago.
I decided to buy the single cilinder one everyone is recommending from the diabetes site.
But there is a problem: I'm from Brazil and the shipping cost is laughable, at best.

Quote from the Shipping page of diabetes suplies 4 less:
QuoteYES! International Shipping (Outside of the USA)

DiabetesSupplies4Less.com has partnered with a trusted third-party company, GlobalShopex.com to fulfill orders for our international customers. Simply put any items you wish to purchase in your shopping cart and choose the "international checkout" option. The items will automatically be transferred to the GlobalShopex cart. You may pay with international credit cards, PayPal and bank wire transfers. GlobalShopex will process your payment and guarantee delivery. Once your order is completed, all inquiries should be directed to GlobalShopex at customerservice@globalshopex.com or (786)314-7144.

but the price they ask is absurd:

Sub Total (USD)     $83.99
Shipping to BRAZIL
Shipping & Handling (USD)     $237.40
Duties, Taxes & Others (USD)     $91.15
Total (USD)     $412.54
Total Local Currency
(Brazilian real)     757.82

I'm just a college student, i dont have 400 dolars  (a.k.a 750 'reals').
I've bought some gameing stuff from Japan a year ago and the shipping price was normal. Whats the explanation for this being so expensive? Am i doing something wrong???

[EDIT] I'll probably just buy it from somewhere else...
I got peyronies when 19! Now with 21 I got yet another curvature, time to do something!

james1947

flac

You are right, the shipment price and taxes etc' are not logic.
You may try an other site, have some advices on the forum.
By the way, do you have Peyronies?

James
Age 71, Peyronies from Jan 2009 following penis fracture during sex. Severe ED.
Lost 2" length and a lot of girth. Late start, still VED, Cialis & Pentox helped. Prostate surgery 2014.
Got amazing support on the forum

GS

A couple of things to think about:

I have been using my VED for 3 or 4 years now and the cost of the lubricating gel is more important to me than what I paid for the VED.

I have saved so much money by buying "ultra sound" gel instead of KY Gel, I have more than paid for the VED with the savings from the gel.

Since the ultra sound gel is so cheap, I don't try to conserve on how much I use and take a chance of not using enough.

Someone on this forum suggested the ultra sound gel as an alternative and I thank them very much.  It works just as well and I buy it on line by the gallon instead of a small tube.

Just my thoughts on the subject; I hope it helps someone.

GS