VED purchasing and supply questions

Previous topic - Next topic

neidz

Quote from: fubar on December 07, 2010, 12:46:21 AM
Jesse

I would just take a shot on line that would be your best choice. As if they charge your card they would be obligated to send you product. Just a thought on obtaining on what you desire for a remedy.

Fubar

Old Man

Note to all:

I have been informed by a forum member that he has a three cylinder Vitality OTC VED and a Fast Size penis stretcher that he would sell at a reasonable price. These items have seen very little use and should be a good buy. He no longer needs them since he had an implant done recently and has no further need for these items.

Anyone who is interested in purchasing these, just shoot me a private message and I will put you in contact with this member.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

John1954

I have a Fastsize device for sale. It is in perfect shape. I only used it a few times. I paid three hundred for it and I will sell if for one hundred fifty dollars. Please contact me here. Thank you, Jack

neidz

Jack,

Your Augusta has 3 Cylinders?... Yea, I will probably take it if it's what I am thinking.  Did you buy the other 2 cylinders separately?  I live in SLC.  How would you want to be paid?

GDC

Does Augusta ship in discreet packaging? I live in a house with many others and it would be a little embarassing if they knew what I was ordering.

Old Man

GDC:

To the best of my knowledge, Augusta always ships in plain wrapper. So, if you don't open the package in the presence of others, you should be in the clear. I always get my packages from them in plain wrapper with no visible signs of the contenst spelled out anyway on the wrapper.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

KAC

I ordered the cylinders from Augusta recently. I shared your concern, but it was all very discreet.  Brown box, small print.  It probably said Augusta Medical on the return address.  Don't worry about it.  KAC

Brightdog

My first VED, a manual one with a gauge and 3 cylinders, did not hold up very well. Reluctant to spend more money, I went on EBay.

A seller who goes by the name leluvshop had a heavier-duty manual pump and a 1.75" cylinder. I already had 2", 2.25" and 2.5" ones. Anyway, for less than $100 I got the pump and cyclinder sent by courier internationally. It arrived promptly and it not only works just fine, but it also fits the other cylinders.

I am a little behind on my VED therapy plans because it took me so long to get around to ordering the replacement pump, but I am pleased and now back on the protocol.

Mike_O

Thanks for the post about your eBay purchase.

If going with separate cylinders, the 3 sizes that are most appropriate are 1.5", 1.75", and 2". These sizes correspond with the Augusta VED cylinders A, B, C respectively.

There are various pumps out there - I suggest metal with a gauge. The plastic and bulb style pumps seem to break quickly.

Brightdog

Yes - I have the slightly larger cylinders because I am post-op with a graft and my circumference is actually larger than pre-op. For most people the Augusta sizes are probably best.

jamesmetairie

i,m several months into Peyronies Disease. and been on pentox for a few months.spouse says she see,s slight improvement on the curve and length?? recently started testosterone gel daily .today i sat with the ved sales rep  at oschner hospital in new orleans area. product is single cylinder osbon erecaid. price = $525.  i,m a fed worker with blue cross ,basic and i,m waiting for the company to clear it with blue cross. will update as things progress.
jamesmetairie

Old Man

james:

If you don't get a very good discount from the Osbon Erecaid VED and insurance coverage, you will be spending way too much for the the VED. And, the three cylinder VED is a much better overall unit for Peyronies Disease symptoms. The 26 week VED therapy protocol is designed around the use of the three cylinder VED.

Let me know if you need the sources of the Vitality OTC one cylinder VED and the two extra cylinders needed to make it a three cylinder VED. The cost is much lower than the $525.00 you mentioned below.

Old Man

jamesmetairie

jamesmetairie

Rockout

Is the 3 cylinder VED still available? I went hunting for it online and it seems that Augusta Medical is the only one who still carry it and they do not indicate what size is included in the kit for $199. The also offer separate Standard and large cylinders.

Reach Medical seems to have the same kit as above for $149 but there is no way to tell unless I try to actually order it from them. One other retailer shows *OBSOLETE* on their site.

I am strongly considering starting a VED protocol and would like recent experiences on where the best place to purchase one would be.

peyrosucks

Here is what I did, and ended up paying about $210.  I went to Diabetes Supply 4 Less.  Lookup Augusta Medical Vitality.  That will give you the VED with the large cylinder, which would be the C cylinder.  Then I went to Augusta Medical and purchased the A and B SomaErectstf tubes. Now you have a 3 cylinder system with the A, B, and C tubes.  

Rockout

qowpel

Rockout

Quote from: qowpel on March 08, 2011, 04:25:44 PM
I am also wondering about this?
I think we have our answer here:
Quote from: peyrosucks on March 05, 2011, 09:25:02 PM
Here is what I did, and ended up paying about $210.  I went to Diabetes Supply 4 Less.  Lookup Augusta Medical Vitality.  That will give you the VED with the large cylinder, which would be the C cylinder.  Then I went to Augusta Medical and purchased the A and B SomaErectstf tubes. Now you have a 3 cylinder system with the A, B, and C tubes.

Ted Williams

This is what I did.  I have all 3 Cylinders and I had no problem getting it.  

it cost about $210 for me as well.  

I am just on the first C - Tube protocol and I believe I am seeing improvement.  

Quote from: Rockout on March 08, 2011, 04:37:15 PM
Quote from: qowpel on March 08, 2011, 04:25:44 PM
I am also wondering about this?
I think we have our answer here:

rd

This is what I did, but I received the following message from augusta medical:

We have received you internet order for the SOMAErectStf Cylinders, and unfortunately we will not be able to place this order as submitted. These are parts of a prescription device, and I do not show any information in our system to indicate you have previously purchased one of our systems. If you could provide me with the registration information for the system you have purchased, by phone or email, I will be able to continue with the order. The information needed is the registration number (starts with a letter, maybe two, followed by 4-5 numbers) and the date of purchase

Do I just need to give them the registration number of the VED when I receive it?

fubar

Rd

If you bought the vitality otc you do not want the somacorrect cylinders.I'm not sure if it is still there but there was a locked board that had the direct link.Look at the locked ved boards.It may have been taken down because all the problems people were having following instruction.

Fubar

fubar

Rd

I checked and looks like that information is gone if you are getting the vitality I would look specifically for the cylinders for the vitality.

Fubar

rd

Ok so I'm confused now, I ordered the Augusta Medical Vitality: Manual Operation Vacuum Erection Device VY from diabetessupplies4less then I thought from the previous poster I was suppose to order the A and B SomaErectstf tubes from augusta medical. What tubes am I suppose to get and where?

rd

Looking at the ones for the OTC model I only see 2 cylinders standard and large. I ordered the OTC from Diab direct and that comes with the standard cylinder, looking at augusta medical they only list the standard and large for the OTC. Do I just need to order the Large and only have a 2 cylinder system?

fubar

Rd

That may be how they are listing them.The sizes of the tubes should be found in the locked boards some where.If not I'm sure oldman or some one will help you soon.If not I will get back to you with the sizes.I'm busy at work at the moment.

fubar

Rd

Looks like those SOMA cylinders are the ones you want the 1.5 "and the1.75".I think you might have to do it there way register and get a prescription.I found them on the second page of cylinders and sizing inserts.The vitallity comes with the inserts.

Hopefully some one will come up with that link that was setup for us.I have a feeling they put a stop to it though.First send them the information they requested and see what happens.Like I told you in a pm I saw Thea vitality called somthing totally different don't know why their swapping names of the same product.One product with three names go figure.

To cut to the chase you may want to pm Ted Williams he seems to have been victorious in claiming his extra cylinders.He is just a few post down.

Fubar

Rockout

Does anybody know if you would have had to have bought the initial Vitality kit through them? What if it was bought through a third party, would you still register with them?

rd

Quote from: fubar on March 15, 2011, 11:18:13 PM
Rd

Looks like those SOMA cylinders are the ones you want the 1.5 "and the1.75".I think you might have to do it there way register and get a prescription.I found them on the second page of cylinders and sizing inserts.The vitallity comes with the inserts.

Hopefully some one will come up with that link that was setup for us.I have a feeling they put a stop to it though.First send them the information they requested and see what happens.Like I told you in a pm I saw Thea vitality called somthing totally different don't know why their swapping names of the same product.One product with three names go figure.

To cut to the chase you may want to pm Ted Williams he seems to have been victorious in claiming his extra cylinders.He is just a few post down.

Fubar

Yeah I thought the soma cylinders where the ones I want. I just received a email back from agusta, I tried the sugguestion on here and told them I was trying to order the cylinders for ed and here is what I got in return.

the Soma erect cylinders you ordered are specifically designed for me with Peyronie's disease, which is a curvature of the penis. They require more than one size cylinder to help them straighten that curvature out. If you are just wanting to order the cylinder for your Vitality system, you would want to order the Vitality Negative Pressure Chamber (Standard) which is $75 plus $11.95 in shipping. If this is what you meant to order, I will be happy to change it and get it processed for you. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

So now I'm more confused, because I thought I read somewhere on this site that augusta had issues with the FDA and there ved's being used for peyronies. What I am getting from augusta is that they have a ved and cylinders specifically for peyronies but you need a prescription for it am I under standing this right?

Rockout

Quote from: rd on March 16, 2011, 10:19:36 AM
Yeah I thought the soma cylinders where the ones I want. I just received a email back from agusta, I tried the sugguestion on here and told them I was trying to order the cylinders for ed and here is what I got in return.

the Soma erect cylinders you ordered are specifically designed for me with Peyronie's disease, which is a curvature of the penis. They require more than one size cylinder to help them straighten that curvature out. If you are just wanting to order the cylinder for your Vitality system, you would want to order the Vitality Negative Pressure Chamber (Standard) which is $75 plus $11.95 in shipping. If this is what you meant to order, I will be happy to change it and get it processed for you. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

So now I'm more confused, because I thought I read somewhere on this site that augusta had issues with the FDA and there ved's being used for peyronies. What I am getting from augusta is that they have a ved and cylinders specifically for peyronies but you need a prescription for it am I under standing this right?

The Vitality system on a third party site is listed as containing the following:

Augusta Medical Vitality: Manual Operation Vacuum Erection Device VY
Easy to use Negative Pressure Device * Negative Pressure Chamber * Two Sizing Adapters * Five Comfortable Tension Systems * SomaTherapy-ED Lubricant * Discreet Carrying Case * Instruction Manual * Registration Card * Comprehensive patient instruction manual * Standard Cylinder: 2.25in x 8in

If you already have a "Vitality Negative Pressure Chamber (Standard)" then I would imagine you don't need another one but maybe I am missing something here. I plan to order my initial 'Augusta Medical Vitality: Manual Operation Vacuum Erection Device VY' system and then get the A and B cylinders from Augusta Medical.

If Augusta are asking for the serial number for the initial system perhaps they are trying to track down the providence of the system in their supply chain - as Augusta charge up to double what others are charging for the initial system. That said, I wonder if it would be less hassle to buy the initial kit and the A and B cylinders all from Augusta. More money but less hassle :'(

@RD: Did you purchase your initial system through Augusta or a 3rd party?

rd

Rockout I purchased my OTC unit from Diab direct. I basically tried to do what one user listed they did to get the unit. They went to diabitiesdirect.com got the Vitality unit from there and then the other two cylinders from augustams.com and that's where i am having the issue ordering the two additional cylinders.

Rockout

Quote from: rd on March 16, 2011, 11:18:04 AM
Rockout I purchased my OTC unit from Diab direct. I basically tried to do what one user listed they did to get the unit. They went to diabitiesdirect.com got the Vitality unit from there and then the other two cylinders from augustams.com and that's where i am having the issue ordering the two additional cylinders.

I just re-read your last post. It appears that their motivation, as you point out, may be a regulatory one, rather than economic. At first I thought if you bought the initial system through a third party they wouldn't sell you subsequent tubes, now I am not so sure.

@RD: Did you give them your S/N from the system you purchased at diabitiesdirect.com?

I intend to do exactly what you are attempting right now, although I have the added complexity of being in Canada.

rd

Not yet, as I haven't received the unit yet. That was my thought though. What worries me is that in one of the emails they sent me they told me that the additional tubes are part of a prescription device and without that you can't get them.

Rockout

Quote from: rd on March 16, 2011, 11:36:34 AM
Not yet, as I haven't received the unit yet. That was my thought though. What worries me is that in one of the emails they sent me they told me that the additional tubes are part of a prescription device and without that you can't get them.

We may be forced to do a single cylider protocol.

fubar

Rockout

Take a look at your registration form you send it to Augusta medical systems.I have noticed on the registration form. They ask for all primary care information, address information and presribing doctor.At the top of the form it reads important : immediately complete this registration form to activate your warrenty and be eligible for special prices or additional accessories and components.

Funar

Rockout

Quote from: fubar on March 16, 2011, 12:54:37 PM
Rockout

Take a look at your registration form you send it to Augusta medical systems.I have noticed on the registration form. They ask for all primary care information, address information and presribing doctor.At the top of the form it reads important : immediately complete this registration form to activate your warrenty and be eligible for special prices or additional accessories and components.

Funar

Thanks Fubar,
I have not ordered one yet, like RD, I was going to order the initial VED from one of the diabetic places and tubes A and B through Augusta.

fubar

I would go a head and buy the ved from the diabetic store. Then send the registration form with all the information that it asked.Then you can purchase the two other cylinders through them.

Fubar

mike67

Fubar
I phoned Fitzz today to get a copy of my 2010 invoice for the 3 cylinder Vitality. I asked Kathy about obtaining the 3 cylinder package and she said she didn't know where to get it and that they no longer carried the item. We knew that. I should contact Augusta.
I rec'd an email with my document and a note from Mark stating:

Sir,
Customers can by the extra two sized inserts on the Augusta Medical  
website.  Please click here to find them.
They are $55.00 each and the gentleman will need Cylinder A and B.  
Cylinder C comes with the manual system.
We will have the manual systems available at Fitzz.com for $159.00  
within in the next 30 days (instead of the $199 on the Augusta Medical  
Site cost).

She must have mentioned our conversation to Mark. I clicked the site and they show all the components , including the 2 sizing rubber rings.
Contact me by email and I can send you the email that has the link.
Mike67

Mikey

fubar

Mike

Please send me the link. I'm interested as that link seems to be no longer available on the forum.I wonder if they would still honor orders from that link.It was the only way to obtain them with no hassle.Like I stated earlier people that called instead of ordering them from the links had problems.

FUBAR

Rockout

Is the Vitality OTC the only three cylinder VED available that is suitable for our condition? Does anyone have any experience in giving Augusta Medical a script from their doctor in order to get the two smaller (A and B) cylinders?

hopeful_one

I ordered the Augusta Vitality OTC from americandiabeteswholesale.com although you can order it from many different online stores. Here is the product page:
http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/product/vitality-manual-erection-device_1232_143.htm

I ordered the A & B cylinders directly from AugustaMS.com. I didn't supply a serial number (S/N) to purchase the A & B cylinders, I just placed an order through their website and they shipped them to me. In fact, using a S/N wouldn't work because it would have to be from a VED that requires a prescription - the Vitality OTC would not qualify. I ordered the cylinders directly from these pages:
http://www.augustams.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=88&Category_ID=13
http://www.augustams.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=89&Category_ID=13

From reading the posts on the forums over the past few months I know that ordering the cylinders from AugustaMS.com sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. If it failed for you it might be worth a try to order again using a different billing name, credit card, ship to name and address. If you order and your credit card shows a charge from Augusta MS within a couple days, that's a good sign that the order is on its way to you. Good luck!

hopeful_one

Quote from: Rockout on March 16, 2011, 08:44:16 PM
Is the Vitality OTC the only three cylinder VED available that is suitable for our condition? Does anyone have any experience in giving Augusta Medical a script from their doctor in order to get the two smaller (A and B) cylinders?

Rockout:

If you get a prescription from your doc then you can order a complete package with the cylinders like this http://www.augustams.com/somaerectstf.cfm. It will cost a lot more and may take some additional time to process the order, but considering the trouble it is now to order through other means you may want to go that route.

hopeful

fubar

To all

The SOMA and the Vitallity veds are the Same exact product! Look at all the pictures of the items.They are made by they same company.So if you buy the vitality seperate from an online vendor and then go and purchace the two, A and B cylinders you have the SOMA correct stf.You will save alot of money.Do what ever need be. I'm telling you it wont be long untill Augusta takes that option off the Table.Then everyone will be forced to spend 600 to 700 dollars for about a pound of plastic.

Fubar

Luciano

hmm, just seen that on the augusta page the 3 cylinder model is at $648.00.

As I am in Europe i usually dont order from the states but look for an european provider first. (I hate going through customs and having to pay 20% extra for VAT)
I found a link here on the forum... (cant remember where)

http://www.imedicare.eu/products.html

and ordered the "Soma correct" 3cylinder system for 239 pounds that is $390. (The battery operated version is $50 more)
OK, they charged me an extra $10 for shipping and another $15 for shipping outside the UK.
But it is still roughly 1/3 cheaper than the augusta model, and it looks exactly the same.
Actually when reading the german version, (was difficult to find) they have 5 cylinders. small, medium, large, XL and XXL
It says: call us to purchase extra cylinders. (I do not know if they sell the cylinders if you have not bought the device there)

I am positive they would ship also to the states.  (I did not ask though)
Luc

[Update]2011/04/11: 14:00PM: got the package just delivered now... its the soma correct by augusta systems (thats what it says on the box)[/Update]

fubar

Luciano

This is the best price for the complete SOMA tree cylinder unit I have seen.The vitality that is the same exact unit from Augusta we were paying 299.00 $ from th fitzz co. So I hope guys take advantage of this opportunity.Do you know if they would sell the a And b cylinders seperate?

I will have to take another look
It says on the site that it is the SOMA correct.

Fubar

Luciano

Quote from: fubar on April 13, 2011, 01:56:04 PM
Do you know if they would sell the a And b cylinders seperate?

I will have to take another look
It says on the site that it is the SOMA correct.

Fubar
Positive. It is the SOMA Correct Xtra (it doesnt say it on the box --- just soma errect)
But handbook on the inside says SOMA Correct Xtra

As I said, it doesn't say on the site that you can purchase the cylinders separately, but there are language flags, and when you look at the site in german, it says "Contact us to purchase extra parts"
I had called them for the shipping question and they were very nice.

BUT ATTENTION: The prices (239,-) are NOT in US$, but in british pounds!!!!
1.00 British Pound = 1.63 USD

I paid with PayPal, which is the easiest way to pay I think

Luc

Mike_O

WOW this VED is getting expensive!

I encourage everyone to read the sticky post at the top of the forum about homemade (and cheap) options. There are also lots of posts here (use the search for "cylinder" or "pump") that describe other ways to go. I own the often recommended Augusta Vitality 3 cylinder system - and I don't use it any more because I like the separate cylinders much better. Google is your friend. Ebay has lots of good cylinders for less than $35 each. The pumps are there too - I recommend the metal one with a gauge and again don't spend more than about $35 - even from amazon!  

Rockout

Quote from: Mike_O on April 14, 2011, 04:20:31 PM
WOW this VED is getting expensive!

I encourage everyone to read the sticky post at the top of the forum about homemade (and cheap) options. There are also lots of posts here (use the search for "cylinder" or "pump") that describe other ways to go. I own the often recommended Augusta Vitality 3 cylinder system - and I don't use it any more because I like the separate cylinders much better. Google is your friend. Ebay has lots of good cylinders for less than $35 each. The pumps are there too - I recommend the metal one with a gauge and again don't spend more than about $35 - even from amazon!

Thanks Mike. Can you post some links to some cylinders eBay cylinders you might recommend?

Mike_O

Sure - you can start with this thread right here on this discussion board:
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,1366.0.html

Google search will yield a bunch of sites - do your research but don't buy anything!!!

I have not purchased from Vacu-Tech because I think they are over-priced but I include the link here so you can see what I mean
http://www.vacutech.com/home.asp

"Dr. Joel Kaplan" is a common pumping system - I don't like the plastic pumps and I think there are less expensive options available
http://www.drjoelkaplan.com/

LA Pump is another maker of cylinders and pumping "systems" with a DVD uncluded in their "packages" - I am not interested in their DVD...
http://www.lapdist.com/index.html

PumpToys has some interesting and unique stuff - still a bit expensive for me...
http://www.pumptoys.com/menu.htm

Pumping Plus - never seen this site before but looks like the typical offerings at high prices:
http://www.pumpingplus.com/index.htm

Now that you have an education and know what NOT to pay - go off to eBay and search for "penis cylinder" - don't buy anything yet - with a bit of education you can save a lot of money.

Rockout

Does anyone have the link on Augusta's website for the A and B cylinders? It appears as if they have vanished. They sell the SOMAerectStf for $595 but that requires a prescription.
http://www.augustams.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=157&Category_ID=4

Old Man

Rockout:

Go to this site:  www.augustams.com

Locate the link to the men's health section and look for the sizing inserts and cylinders link. That should take you to the home page of the cylinder. The heading will show them for the SomaSTF, but they are the same cylinders that will fit most of the Augusta VEDs including the Vitality OTC unit.

Old Man

Edit: Rockout, checked the site above, but could not find the links to their cylinders. Will look further into why the link is no longer listed and will advise what I find out.