The importance of using Pentox with VED

Previous topic - Next topic

JS1991

When I first found out that I had Peyronie's and found out about VED as a treatment, I hesitated to use it because I didn't want to increase inflammation in the acute phase. My doctor also said to wait until the chronic phase when I asked him about VED treatment, so for this reason I chose to wait until the chronic phase. I was then convinced otherwise by this forum as well as through research, so I changed my mind and started VED.

I noticed when I first started that my penis would sometimes ache a bit after VED. I didn't have Pentox at the time, but I ended up receiving it a week or two after beginning VED and now that I take it I have no pain with VED. I did further research and in this article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4708157/ (you should read the whole thing it's great) by Dr. Tom Lue, I found the following quotes:

QuoteIf the calcification is less than 1.5 cm, 400-800 mg pentoxifylline tid has a more than 90% chance arresting or eliminating the calcification. ... Oral therapies, such as pentoxifylline may act on inflammation and early fibrosis. Indeed, pentoxifylline has been shown to inhibit fibrosis induced by Transforming Growth Factor (TGF) Beta-1. ... Given the multiple components of Peyronie's disease (inflammation, fibrosis, and loss of elasticity), we typically recommend combination therapy for patients with moderate-to-severe curvatures or shortening, utilizing pentoxifylline and a vacuum device. With vacuum therapy alone, inflammation from trauma would continue, and fibrosis would likely recur. In the case of more severe curvatures, pentoxifylline alone is unlikely to overcome the overall loss in elasticity, and thus minimal benefit will be seen with regards to straightening.

That combined with increased bloodflow to the scarred parts of your penis (Pentox is a blood thinner) I feel explain the synergy with Pentox and VED, and I suggest that anyone in the acute phase combine the two.
Do your homework before attempting a prolonged fast. JS1991 Timeline - Peyronies Society Forums (updated)

Gabriel

- 35 yo, Peyronies Disease with chronic pain, general hourglassing with girth and length loss since 09/01/17.
- Pain almost cured with Hirudoid cream and diet/lifestyle changes (see my topics on this); deformity still here, but partly reduced with traction + VED.

YoungGuy97

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc