Xiaflex and traction NOT WORKING!!

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfriction

Hey guys, I wear a traction device for many hours a day, and I'm done with my 2nd round of Xiaflex. I also do hand modeling several times a day. No reduction in curvature at all...!

Do any of you have any suggestions or new tactics to reduce the curve? I'm getting really discouraged, and I'm out a ton of $$$. 😥
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

QuackAttack

J,

I went through 8 cycles of Xiaflex with only moderate reduction. The average reduction is 30 degrees, but when you have a 60 curvature, 30 degrees is progress, but it is still annoying that you have a significant curve. I didn't see any change until my 3rd and 4th cycles, then little if anything after that. I am convinced that the only guarantee is surgical, plication or otherwise. However, I am going to exhaust all of my options before going down that route. I am in about to have my 7th cycle of Verapimil and if that continues to be a dud, I am likely going to try Botox. Fortunately, my treatments are covered 100% by the military.

betterbend

Quote from: Jfriction on September 10, 2018, 12:19:27 AM
Hey guys, I wear a traction device for many hours a day, and I'm done with my 2nd round of Xiaflex. I also do hand modeling several times a day. No reduction in curvature at all...!

Do any of you have any suggestions or new tactics to reduce the curve? I'm getting really discouraged, and I'm out a ton of $$$. 😥

THere should be an evaluation after two rounds.  If there is little to no improvement then it is recommended to stop.  Unfortunately it doesn't work for everybody  
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Pfract

Jfriction

thanks for the input. I'm going to keep going with it. My insurance is covering it through the rest of the year so I think I can do two or three more sessions. I really don't want surgery because I've heard that 30% of the people that get plication surgery and up with Ed. I really don't want that to happen. I wear my traction device about 5 hours a day sometimes more on weekends. I'm just hoping something will give eventually.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
relationship status, etc

Jfriction

I've never heard about Botox therapy for Peyronie's disease. What does that entail exactly?
relationship status, etc

TonySa

I believe there is a Botox related treatment for ED
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

BAtBAt

Check Mr. Amr Raheem, sounds interesting and seems logical. That toxin relaxes the muscles.
23 yo. Sympt 6m ago. Diag, possible pre-/peyroines and v leak after injuries. Had 2US, MRI, +5 doc & 6 urolog, 1 and

ED, sensation & natural or night erect loss, wid&leng loss, hard flaccid, hourglas inde, scars/lumps, no curv
TBC France Androlo

BAtBAt

the blood flow depends also on the correct smooth soft muscle relaxation.  
23 yo. Sympt 6m ago. Diag, possible pre-/peyroines and v leak after injuries. Had 2US, MRI, +5 doc & 6 urolog, 1 and

ED, sensation & natural or night erect loss, wid&leng loss, hard flaccid, hourglas inde, scars/lumps, no curv
TBC France Androlo