VED Mechanical properties & Maintenance

Previous topic - Next topic

Hightemp

Hello Gentlemen,

First of all , many thanks to "Old Man" for all of the guidance you have been kind enough to offer. I appreciate it.

Long story short, I purchased a Vitality Plus 3 cylinder VED system from Fitzz about two weeks ago. I have not started my 26 week protocol yet, but I have been experimenting with the device to get a better idea about how it works. I have used it 4 times so far and I am now noticing what appear to be "micro cracks" or significant scratches at the base of the large cylinder, where the rubber fittings are to be placed. Is this normal? I am almost positive that I have not "over pumped" the device as I am still a bit cautious about how much vacuum I subject myself too and I have experienced no pain. Only slight discomfort which I attribute to the new sensation of having a vacuum pulled on my penis. It does not seem logical that it could be the rubber "grommets" causing the damage.  As for cleaning, I have been using a bottle brush, warm water and mild dishwashing liquid. I then hand dry with a towel, reassemble with all 3 cylinders and then store.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I possibly have a defective cylinder?

Old Man

Hightemp:

Suggest that you contact the Fitzz company and report what you are telling us on the forum. The unit does carry a warranty and if the cylinder is defective, I am sure it will be replaced for you free.

The cylinders are supposed to be made of Lexan material and are very durable. However, if one is dropped on a very hard surface, they could possible crack, etc.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Epoh

I am going to make my own VED to save money (using high quality materials). I had a few questions on the cylinders so that I can mimic the medical grade VED with the three cylinders.

-- What sizes are the cylidners? Diameter wise
-- Are the cylinders tapered?

Also, my starting size: about 5.6 girth, 7.8 length. Are the standard A, B, and C cylinder sizes appropriate, and most importantly, SAFE, for me?

P.S. I shall post my final build project once I have ordered all of the materials.

Edit: DOH! Found them here: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,696.0.html

Next Questions:
-- Could I buy a pump, and use A, B, C cylinders (buying 3 seperately) and effectively achieve the same protocol as the original one for the soma? (when it still was able to be bought with 3 cylinders in one package)
-- Still not sure if the cylinders are tapered
-- Instead of 1.5 and 1.75 inche cylinders for A and B, could one use 1.75 for A and 2 for B? C would be 2.25. For my girth 2.25 is the recommended size (assuming it is not for reshaping) as found here http://www.penisdepot.com/peniscylinders.html

Old Man

Epoh:

Check out the post in the VED board section and look for the thread where guys have posted their home made VED dimensions, cylinder diameter and sources of their supplies.

I strongly urge you to use medical grade material such as those used by Tim468 as he lists them in his post about how he made his own VED.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Epoh

Quote from: Old Man on February 20, 2011, 08:44:05 PM
Epoh:

Check out the post in the VED board section and look for the thread where guys have posted their home made VED dimensions, cylinder diameter and sources of their supplies.

I strongly urge you to use medical grade material such as those used by Tim468 as he lists them in his post about how he made his own VED.

Old Man
Thanks for the quick response as usual, Old Man.

Should one use a straight cylinder, like the one found here:
penisdepot.com/rimmedpeniscyl2.jpg

Or is a tapered cylinder slightly cone shaped better, like this one:
penisdepot.com/PICT5.JPG

What type does Soma provide?

Old Man

epoh:

The Augusta VEDs are tapered from the large end to the small end that attaches to the pump. They are tapered that way so that the head and shaft portion are confined in a smaller area than if the cylinders are straight all the way, etc. It only makes a difference in the small A cylinder to be tapered. This one is meant to confine the entire penis in a smaller area to "force" it to become much straighter.

Overall, there really is not not much difference otherwise in whether the cylinders are straight or tapered. The earlier Augusta VEDs (Classic three piece VED and Osbon Esteem models) were larger where the connecting tube attaches  in the Classic and where the cylinder of the Esteem attaches to the pump. Therefore the open "mouth end" of them were the smallest, etc.

I used the Osbon Esteem for my Peyronies Disease therapy over a period of a year so really it does not matter if the cylinders are tapered or straight. Tim468 and Angus have made their own VEDs and have had great success using them with their Peyronies Disease. So, again look up their posts about how they made theirs in the VED Board section herein.

Old Man

nuschler22

It may have been answered somewhere else...I did  a search and just can't find it.

For the three cylinder VED course, I know  the sizes are 2.0, 1.75 and 1.5....

Are they inner or outer diameter?

The reason I'm asking is I'm making my own (which is actually pretty easy and cheap), I just need to know the right sizes.  The 1.75 has an inner diameter of 1.5 inches so I'm not quite sure which one is appropriate.

Thanks!

Old Man

nuschler:

They are I.D. sizes.

Old Man

restore

Old Man, what are the circular black inserts that came with the Vitality VED for?  I don't know what use they have.

fubar

Restore

If you take some time with the equipment I'm sure you will figure it out. Maybe read the instructions. Included or just use some cave man  logic .Sorry if this offends you but really?Do you want plastic cutting into your skin! This is not rocket science.

I feel cheap answering such a question but someone has to say something !What are most seals for any equipment made of? Maybe rubber!i

Just spend some time reading the locked  ved boards they will tell you all you need for proper use.D o not rely on one persons consensus but the whole.

Fubar

PS: the rubber inserts are for creating a tight seal coupling the cylinders together.To provide you with best possible negative pressure for therapy.

You have to be in this for the long haul nothing happens quick in this disease.

Fubar

Old Man

restore:

Read Fubar's post below. And, take his advice to read up on the VED board threads. Right now, I have had surger on my left hand and typing has to take a back seat to my posts.

Old Man

restore

I knew that was coming.  Duh, apologize, admit that was a pretty dumb question.  I've been able to use the VED without them, and didn't see any notes about them with the VED.  

Thanks for clarifying.

Old Man

restore:

Never use the VED without at least the large sizing insert. It will help protect your body against injury when the vacuum pushes the mouth of the cylinder back into it, etc. The sharp of the cut edge end of the large cylinder will hurt, etc.

Use both of the inserts especially when using the small A cylinder. It helps with getting a better seal and against pinching of the skin where the cylinders mate together and leaves a small gap that the skin can be pulled up into the open space.

Just be careful with the inserts as well as the amount vacuum applied when doing the exercise cycles.

Old Man

fubar

Eloquently said by a true professional ! Also be sure to lube the rubber sizing inserts and cylinder walls . Do not forget lubing your skin. Lube,  lube!

Fubar