Fixing an injury that can’t heal. Surgery while still having pain?

Previous topic - Next topic

diehardpatriot

I had an injury in March, that still hasn't healed. There is an area of scar tissue. My injury is a unique case and not a normal case of Peyronie's. Although there's some palpable tissue, at the bottom of that area there is an area that almost every day during an erection or the process of becoming erection I get a tearing sensation. Like the area is trying to bind a small gap in the tunica but due to constant erections it's never allowed to close. Ejaculations bring an even greater tearing sensation. Abstinence does not seem to make much of a difference. An erection that is held too long or maybe too many erecions in one day will ruin healing progress due to a tearing sensation.
I'm supposed to have a phone consult with dr Levine to see what he can offer me. Will any doctor do a urgent for me although I still have "pain"? Even if the pain isn't from the scar tissue? This tearing sensation has been happening since day 2 after the injury. Even before there was some hpalpable tissue. It seems logical that it can be incised or excised and a graft can be placed to close the gap

TLDR: From what it seems, my injury can benefit from a surgery as it seems that it is not able to heal on its own. Do you think a doctor will do a surgery to reconctruct the injured area that's not able to heal? Even if I'm still in pain?  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

diehardpatriot

Also. Because of this I haven't had sex for months. Luckily it hasn't had an impact on my relationship. But I have been sexless for a while now. It's taken a toll on me physically and mentally, and the inconsitiency of the whole thing (feels like it's improving, then a tearing pain and it's back to how it was) makes it hard to have peace and focus on doing things when I randomly get a spontaneous bone during class and I get a painful tearing feeling. I'm only 18  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

swiss

Thanks for the post Patriot. It's hard to say really. I am considering surgery as well. It's always hard to go under the knife especially for something like this. Maybe someone else can chime in who has had a successful surgery.