Work schedule & Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrometer2332

I'll be starting xiaflex hopefully by end of Sep. I work a standard 8-5 weekday scedule. The xiaflex  treatments will require me to Ve out of the office for at least 2hrs 2, probably 3 days a week. How do you guys handle work. I'm nearly out of vac days. I was thinking of going to hr and explain the situation VAGUELY. But they'll probably "probe" more... what the hell do i say to that?!
Anyone else have to deal with a similar situation?
45, diag May 2018, 40 deg to right & 30 deg up with indentation & hinge effect, pentox & traction (restorex - painful af!), told by uro in Dec 2018 that xiaflex not an option, surgery?, don't know yet

JohnR

I deal with it now. I'm salary so that helps but it's a touchy thing because I'm 3 hrs away from my doc. so that's a 6 hr rnd trip. I take off fri and the following Mon for the injections and usually go in at lunch on Tues. My HR manager (my direct report) has no need to know anything other than I have a Dr appointment and am getting treatments for a condition.

The biggest thing that helped me was stopping the numbing shots. We just use a strong topical now and it's not bad at all. Less than the shot to get an erection.  Pain is almost zero and almost no bruising. Advice- Do not wear boxers for 2-3 days though if you have to walk a lot (I do).

I took a small cooler with frozen ice packs after my first round and just laid them on my lap when I was at my desk too. After the 2nd rd without the block shots, I really had no problem going in while wearing briefs for support.

Here's my ongoing story.

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,9973.0.html

Good luck.
50 year old, onset in Feb. '18, diagnosed in Mar '18, 4 rounds of Xiaflex completed, little improvement, mentally overwhelmed...ED issues, major anxiety issues now.