VED usage general questions

Previous topic - Next topic

LWillisjr

Blade,
Great to hear of your progress!!  Thanks for the update.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

BrooksBro

I'd like to read comments from anyone that is doing twice-a-day pumping sessions with the 26-week protocol.  How's that working out?  Do you get in two sessions every day, or is it a as time allows sort of thing?  Is it possible that twice a day = 13 weeks, or going through the protocol twice in 26 weeks?

Old Man

Brooksbro:

It makes no difference in the scheduled protocol for the 26 week course whether or not you do two sessions per day or just one.

The full 26 week course should be followed for the best results. However, if you elect to do two therapy sessions per day, you should reduce the time for each to about 15 and not more than 20 minutes. My experience with the VED therapy has taught me that 30 minutes per day is considered to be the maximum time overall for the therapy.

More than 30 minutes per day would probably put too much strain on the erectile tissue. This would counteract the benefits from the therapy in my opinion and based on my many years of VED usage as well as counseling with guys in my home town.  If you do two sessions, adjust the time of each to coincide with the maximum time, etc. i.e. 20 for one then 10 for the other as an example. I would recommend two 15 minute sessions for best results.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Steve

Old Man,

I've got a question concerning the 26 week protocol:
As I remmeber it calls for pumping the vacuum and releasing it for 10 cycles each day(and I believe you've advocated a 'milking' action following the 10 cycles).  When I was doing this, it'd take probably 2-3 minutes to complete the 10 cycles.  I've read below where you're talking about 20-30 minutes total!

Maybe that's why I never saw any improvement when I went through the protocol, I'd pump the vacuum and then hold it for about 10 seconds ???  I know it doesn't take long to pump up the vacuum, so how long should the vacuum be held each cycle?

Maybe I'll get back on the protocol (again) and see what happens.
Topical Verapamil,
12 Verapamil shots (ouch!),
Now VED - Too many Weeks,
Still 70 Degrees :(

Old Man

Steve:

The 10 cycles was the original version of the 26 week protocol that came with the Augusta Somacorrect VED that was supposed to be for Peyronies Disease therapy. FDA did not approve it for VED therapy since there were no clinical trials that were validated for its use. They then marketed the Somaerect which was basically the same unit re badged so to speak. It did not include the 26 week protocol that was in the other VED package.

We adopted the 26 week protocol for use with the three cylinder Vitality OTC VED. The protocol was posted in the VED board by Angus after it was modified to include the footnotes. You are right that it says use 10 cycles of pump up, hold, release and repeat the cycle again. Perhaps we should modify that protocol to state that the time limit or number of cycles can be increased to suit individual needs. Will address this with Angus to get his opinion since he is the moderator for that board and published the VED protocol, etc.

In the meantime, I would strongly urge you to get back on the 26 week protocol. IMHO, you missed out on a good therapy if you only did the 2-3 minutes session and added the "milking action" I suggested to many on the forum. My suggestion is that you repeat the pumping cycles for at least 15 minutes each session. If you want to do two per, day modify each session so that 30 minutes total would be observed. Again, overpumping the pressure whether or not is with one or two sessions.

Hope this lends a better perspective of the protocol for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

BrooksBro

Oh yeah!  There is a HUGE difference between 10 cycles (taking less than 5 minutes) and 15-30 minutes of total time.  Thanks for clarifying that point.  I TOTALLY missed that in the protocol(s) and footnotes.  Perhaps I am too literal, 10 cycles means 10, not 9, and not 11.  Repeating the cycles for 15-30 minutes certainly should result in many more than 10 cycles.  Great information.

Old Man

Brooksbro:

It does pay to be literal sometimes. Sorry that we have not caught this misinformation in the protocol before. The longer period of time came about after many trials and errors by a lot of guys who were experimenting with varying times.

I need to address this with Angus who is the moderator of the VED board. Hopefully, we can get a better description in the footnotes for this time limit, etc.

So, for those who have been doing only the 10 cycles, you might want to modify your VED usage to include more time with varying amounts of vacuum and holding times.

Old Man

Angus

We added some text to the notes that go along with the VED protocol for Peyronies Disease. Everyone who is currently using the VED for Peyronies and those contemplating using it need to go to the Protocol pages on this VED forum and read up. The text (in red) has been added to make clearer the timeline to follow when using the VED. Suggestions and discussions in this forum by VED users allow us to understand better what needs to be in the instructions. For all those who use the VED for Peyronies and post results, questions or just discussions, know that you are appreciated for your input.

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,697.0.html     (3 cylinder medical VED)

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,696.0.html     (3 separate VED's)  

YMENOW

The first week of starting the protocol, I was completing everything within 10 minutes and felt there was something wrong in the protocol.  I decided to pace myself with a clock so that i would do at least 10 cycles as recommended but still needed to do more cycles to at least do 15 minutes.  A 30 minute stretch was impossible.

I am into the 2d week and finding that I am getting hard morning erections and I am getting more confident and not worrying as much since I feel the VED is working for me.  I have a foreskin which seems to tug around the collar when retracted and feels very tight.  I am careful about not overpumping and I am taking it easy.  Is there any recommendations to alleviate the tightness?

ymn

cowboyfood

Quote from: YMENOW on May 02, 2010, 03:29:48 PM

I am into the 2d week

ymn

ymn,

I assuming you're using the A tube this week...maybe some of the tightness is due to the narrow diameter of the A tube.  

I think you'll find that some of the tightness will go away after you have spent many weeks working with the VED because you will get better at using the device.  I found this to be true in my case; especially when I used the A tube.

Also, I found that - in between cycles - if I "did not remove the tube from my penis" after "I released the negative pressure" then my stretches in the A tube were longer and not nearly as "tight."

I hope this helps.

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

YMENOW

I have noticed that the glans seems to be elongating or stretching so I must be doing something right.  I was worried about that at first and I am happy to hear your side of the experience.  (I was removing my erection from the tube before but Old Man or Hawk set me straight on that.)  I thank you all for your input on this.

ymn

shrout

I have to say that my experience is exactly the opposite to everyone else here, or so it would seem.  I originally started off by putting lube on the rubber ring, but found that non-penile tissue was getting sucked in all round, and I couldn't get a decent vacuum. I didn't particularly want to shave my hair away so I tried it without any lube at all and found I got a much better seal.
I never use any lube now (except inside the cylinder, of course) and have no trouble getting a seal and a good vacuum, although the C tube can sometimes be a bit problematic. If any lube leaks out on to the ring from the inside I find the vacuum breaks down and I have to clean it off and start again.

Anyway that's my experience. Perhaps you could try my method as as an alternative Mike, if all else fails.    

hb

I always use a many times used Gilette Triple Blade Razor to get rid of the extra hair. Such as after using it a week on my face, I then keep it for use below. I never get cuts that way and the razor still works well enough.

Although, if you are up with the times, you could go get a body wax and have it all removed...

BrooksBro

I finally gave in and carefully shaved my penis with shave cream and a razor (not the electric shaver I use on my face).  Getting down to bare skin has been very helpful in maintaining vacuum.  Next time, I won't shave quite so far out onto the adjacent skin.  I was a little surprised to find so many web pages with detailed instructions on shaving the male pubic area, even from Gillette.

I apply lube to all the mating surfaces between the two sizer rings and the outer cylinder.  I think the greatest leak potential is where the ring contacts the skin, regardless of whether one or both rings are being used at the time.

Old Man

BrooksBro:

Now you know why that shaving this area has been repeatedly recommended to get and maintain a good seal. Lubing the inside mouth of the cylinders along with lube on the sizing inserts just adds to the ability to get a better seal.

Shaving cream is being used by some guys as lubricant, but I strongly recommend against using this due to the chapping effect of some creams. The gel type are better than the foam types, but both can and will cause problems with repeated use IMHO.

Those guys using a VED that can be used under water (think that Tim uses one of these) are able to use shaving cream as a lube since there is enough water present to prevent problems, etc.

The above is just my personal opinion based on experiences with shaving cream reported to me by guys I worked with on the VED therapy.

Old Man

NamelessHero

What is the best way to totally remove all of your pubic hair? I do not like pubic hair anyways, especially as I sweat. I normally shave it with an electric razor, however, it is hard to get it really smooth. I do not want to use an ordinary razor with cream, that looks painful. Pubic hair is gnarly, tough crap, I cannot imagine shaving that with razor and cream.

Has anybody tried those female hair removing creams? Do they burn?

I also want to shave my balls. I cannot do that with an electric razor. Do these female creams burn?  

Tim468

In my experience, shaving balls can lead to more of a sweaty feeling - the hair provides a buffer between adjacent skin on the legs and allows better circulation of air, and hence evaporative loss of heat and sweat.

There are several ways to do this - with either a very good electric shaver - best done when you are quite dry and NOT right after a shower or bath, or with a razor.

You can shave with a razor after soaking in a tub - the hair is softer and easier to cut. I shave from the shaft (where some hair grows onto it) towards the body, which is sort of "against the grain. This allows me, though, to decide how far up my abdominal wall to go. I tend to go about 1/4 to 1/2 inch up from the reflection point of the shaft to the body wall - this allows the VED to seat and seal easily without hair leading to a leak. One can do this on e the side , and can easily include the balls if desired. Simply pull them so there is some tension and shave gently in different directions to get it all. It's easy to do standing in a shower or lying in a tub.

Here is the Seiko Shaver (now actually made by someone else, I think)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00141DE48/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00141DE1G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=096WNBG8JB0GF4VT6GKJ

DO NOT USE HAIR REMOVAL CREAMS _ THEY HURT!!!

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

hb

I actually use a Gillette Custom Plus Pivot after I have used it on my face a few times. I have a really tough beard, used to shave twice a day when I was younger.

I don't use shaving cream on my public hair, instead use regular soap such as Irish Spring. This is after standing in the shower for at least 5 minutes. I do shave my balls with the razor, it is very time consuming but after doing it once, I shave them all the time now.

After awhile, it just becomes another habit forming thing for the morning.  

Old Man

Note to all:

One of the best ways to keep the pubic hair shaved without shaving all of it off including the scrotum is to just simply shave enough around the base of the shaft large enough to keep the hair out of the VED cylinder mouth.

This has worked best for me over the years since I, like Tim, hold to the belief that the scrotum hair keeps the sack from adhering itself to the groin area when one sweats down there. I don't like the sticky feeling it causes.

Just my 2 cents worth on the subject.

Old Man

DannyOcean

So far when using the VED (it's been about two weeks now) I have one of two experiences.  The first is when I'm not at all "sexually aroused" in which case the VED does engorge the penis to some extent but at a much smaller size (and well before full erection size/firmness) starts to become uncomfortable.  The second situation is where I do start to become aroused (not from the VED but rather I start thinking sexual thoughts).  When that happens the penis ends up becoming a lot larger and more erect before I feel uncomfortable.  It's literally an inch or even two longer in the cylinder when I feel this way before I feel as I have to start pumping.

If the goal is engorging the penis with as much blood/oxygen as possible it would seem as if trying to get a full erection while using the VED would probably be the route to go.  However, my only thought counter to that was that I could also get an erection on my own (via fantasizing or masturbating) and so maybe I shouldn't try to use anything other than the VED to achieve my results.

I'm probably over-thinking this but if this is going to be something I'm going to use for 30 minutes a day I want to make sure that I'm doing it right.  

Old Man

DannyOcean:

First of all, you do not necessarily need to do the VED protocol for 30 minutes at any session or on any day if using only one session. That time limit is what has worked best overall based on my experience and that of others. So, you can do less time with more cycles, or more time with less cycles by varying your holding time. IOW, if your holding time after pumping is longer you use less cycles and time, if your holding time after pumping up is less use more cycles with more time. This will balance out the overall VED protocol session each time. Bottom line with this is, you can decide which type of session you want to do and go for it that way.

Now, about erections when using the VED: It is best to try your best not to get a natural erection while doing the exercises. The pull of blood using the vacuum pressure is much greater than that when getting a natural erection. Also, you should never try to "push or pull" your shaft into the cylinders when erect, so try to avoid doing that. The object of the vacuum therapy is to "exercise" the erectile tissue with the vacuum pressure with pump up cycles rather than that of a natural erection for obvious reasons stated herein.

Old Man

DannyOcean

OK, that's helpful OldMan.  It's possible that it's just because I've only started using the VED but often I'll start to feel an uncomfortable pulling/pressure on the penis when it's flaccid and nowhere near the max length/size.  When this happens I typically do one of two things.  Stop increasing the pressure (and ultimately release the pressure).  Or start to think "stimulating thoughts" in which the natural erection mechanism kicks in and the uncomfortability lessens.

If this is just because I've only started with the VED that's fine but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong by not getting a full erection or full length/girth.  I will keep going and see what happens without trying to get a natural erection (which is sometimes hard of course, no pun intended  ;D

Mike_O

Here are my comments on pubic hair removal:

I find the lack of hair to be a good thing when in daily VED therapy. Hair breaks the seal and makes clean-up more time consuming. Apparently this is also a style that is quite popular these days - therefore, not as strange as some might think.

Hair removing chemicals (depilatories) are sometimes effective but have a few disadvantages: possible skin damage (burning); chemicals require time to work; messy in the pubic area; more expensive than other options. I don't like depilatories.

Electric razors work OK on some body areas but, in my opinion, the pubic area is not one of them. The skin on the scrotum and penis is very thin and pliable making it difficult to get a flat surface for the head of the electric razor to press against. This skin can also get pushed into the head causing nicks and cuts.

Safety razor (as opposed to straight razor) works pretty well - better than one might think. Use a new blade and don't push down too hard. The multi-blade variety work nicely. Use shave cream or hair conditioner. The trick is figuring out how to tension the skin to get a flat surface. The assistance of a trusted partner is invaluable! Practice and experience will reduce the entire process to less than a couple of minutes in the shower.

Waxing - effective on thicker skinned areas, waxing can work well on the pubic area. Despite do-it-yourself kits, an experienced waxing person will make short work of the pubic area and will have the right stuff on hand to do the job. Prices are usually reasonable and the results last longer than shaving.

Longer lasting options - these include electrolysis and laser. A bit pricey compared to shaving but for many, well worth the expense - the advantage is no stubble, no lasting irritation and little or no maintenance. Laser is rapidly replacing electrolysis in most cases.

Hope my comments are helpful.

Mike_O

In my limited experience, VED therapy is not really a sexual experience - it is more like physical therapy. As usual, Old Man addressed the issues perfectly.

Old Man

mo:

Since you are fairly new to the forum, you probably do not know that I have used three different models of VEDs and done therapy for Peyronies Disease for a very long time. In fact, for over 15 years now using the Old Osbon Classic three piece VED ( a pump, a connector hose and a separate cylinder), the Old Osbon Erecaid Esteem single cylinder two piece VED that made into a one piece unit when mated, and later, the Somaerect STF (predecessor to the Vitality OTC unit) VED. I have much experience in using all three different models.

The protocol for the one cylinder VED that is listed in the VED board section of the main forum was developed by me under the supervision of my personal uro. She and I worked very hard and spent much time and effort in perfecting the procedure that has worked great for me as well as others on and off the forum. So, I know what all three types of VEDs can and will do if used properly.

I do have a suggestion to add to your post relative shaving around the pubic area and that is: I have found through experience and that of others shaving down there that using a simple multiblade safety razor works best. You simply use any good grade of shaving cream or even the lubricant that comes with the VED when purchase. Just simply stretch the skin areas carefully like you would do when shaving your face of any other part of your body so that you won't knick any area(s). Getting a good tight seal does in most cases require a very clean hairwise area around the base of ones penis to get and hold a good tight seal for vacuum therapy. And, shaving this area clean and keeping it shaved clean is a must.

However, thanks for your input as this is always welcome in order that others may have the benefit of our experiences about Peyronies Disease as well as ED.

Old Man

DannyOcean

Quote from: Old Man on July 28, 2010, 08:19:00 PM
Now, about erections when using the VED: It is best to try your best not to get a natural erection while doing the exercises. The pull of blood using the vacuum pressure is much greater than that when getting a natural erection. Also, you should never try to "push or pull" your shaft into the cylinders when erect, so try to avoid doing that. The object of the vacuum therapy is to "exercise" the erectile tissue with the vacuum pressure with pump up cycles rather than that of a natural erection for obvious reasons stated herein.

Old Man

So I've been trying this while trying not to get an erection and what I find is that it's still much uncomfortable when the penis is "smaller".  Is this natural when you are just starting out with the VED?  I can easily get my penis to become larger/more engorged by just thinking a sexual thought or two but if the goal is to have the engorgement (is that a word?) come from the VED and not to come naturally then it seems that is to be avoided.  So just to confirm, if I'm understanding correctly, the goal is to make the penis as engorged as possible within the VED cylinder without triggering engorgement through sexual fantasy and make sure to stop the pumping before there is a significant level of discomfort.  Is that right?

Old Man

DannyOcean:

Yes, the object is to get all or as much of your shaft into the cylinder(s) without thinking sexual thoughts or manual manipulation prior to inserting the shaft into the cylinder(s). Based on ones size, it may or may not be possible to get all of it into the cylinder. If this occurs, try to keep the engorged size as low as possible to allow more of the shaft to get inside.

If there is a problem with getting the shaft into the mouth, at least when using the small sizing insert, one can get the head portion started in while pumping a slight amount of vacuum to help pull it on inside. Cautions must be exercised so as not to overpump the vacuum at any time when doing the exercise cycles.

Old Man

DannyOcean

Thanks Old Man as always.  I'm only using the large cylinder and probably should have made that clear when I posted the initial thread.  I don't have any significant bending, just two indentations (one major and one minor).  I may go to the three-cylinder protocol at some point but for now I'm happy with the large cylinder.

I can totally see why you wouldn't want to get a natural erection with the small or even medium-sized cylinder.  With the large cylinder it's just big enough that I could get a pretty good erection without the cylinder constricting me.  With a full erection it's a pretty tight fit at the base but there's a decent amount of room throughout the shaft.  

Anyway, I think I understand a bit more why having a natural erection wouldn't be a good thing.  My initial thought was that getting the penis as big as possible meant getting as much blood as possible into the penis and that that was a good thing.  However, I can see where perhaps it's best to just let the VED do its work.  After all, I could give myself erections all day by masturbating and no one has suggested that yet as a good cure for Peyronies. :)

BrooksBro

DO - wouldn't it be something if we could turn masturbating from causing blindness to curing peyronies?  ROFLOL

I am in an A-cylinder week.  Last night, I couldn't do my session because the mild erection resulting from applying the lube kept me from fitting into the cylinder.  I finally gave up and went to bed.

Quote from: DannyOcean on August 05, 2010, 12:20:42 AM
I can totally see why you wouldn't want to get a natural erection with the small or even medium-sized cylinder.  With the large cylinder it's just big enough that I could get a pretty good erection without the cylinder constricting me.  With a full erection it's a pretty tight fit at the base but there's a decent amount of room throughout the shaft.  

I can see where perhaps it's best to just let the VED do its work.  After all, I could give myself erections all day by masturbating and no one has suggested that yet as a good cure for Peyronies. :)

Skjaldborg

Quote from: BrooksBro on August 05, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
DO - wouldn't it be something if we could turn masturbating from causing blindness to curing peyronies?  ROFLOL

Oddly enough, this is sort of my strategy. My curvature isn't bad enough to warrant the time needed for VED (not yet anyway), so instead I make sure to "use it or lose it" just about every day. This includes quality time with the wife or, failing that, taking matters into my own hands, as it were.

The use of pentox last year and my on going "treatment regimen" have really helped soften the scar tissue to the point where the hourglassing has improved a tiny bit compared to when I first got the disease. The tissue feels more spongy and less rubbery and functioning wise I'm no different than where I was in my early 20's and that's what counts. A few dents here and there are tolerable.

I have to shave my palms every week though  ;D

-Skjald

Old Man

Skjaald:

If you are really considering VED therapy for your Peyronies Disease, now is the time to do it before any other symptoms show up. Catching it early on is the best time for VED therapy. Just a word to the wise is what my grand dad always said to me.

Old Man

Mel

I have just been diagnosed with Peyronies and will be getting a VED at the end of this month. I also recently received a stent and am on Plavix.
I was just wondering if anyone else has been on a blood thinner, and what affect that has had while using the VED.

Mel

luka-brasi

hi mel,

welcome.
a lot of guys here use pentox as a blood thinner and can see improvements.
i took it for almost a year when i decided to stop. it did nothing for me from what i can tell.

good luck and fine that you jumped on the ved train early.
i'm 4 years into this and i can't wait to get a ved now.

have a nice weekend and keep your head up.

luka

Old Man

mel:

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to learn that you have joined the Peyronies Disease club now. There are many guys, including myself, that have heart surgery and other surgeries that require to take blood thinners. You should have no problem with using a VED while taking blood thinners, if you us caution in the amount of vacuum that you use while doing the exercises.

We who use the VED for Peyronies Disease therapy recommend using the 26 week protocol for using a VED which is posted in the VED board shown on the home page of boards, topics and threads of the forum.

We are all here to help in any way, so feel free to ask any and all questions you may have concerning Peyronies Disease and its therapy/treatment. There is a world of information on this forum, so search it out for answers to your questions.

Old Man

Mel

Thanks for the replies and the welcome. I sure am glad I found this forum. It wasn`t long ago that I didn`t even know what Peyronies diesease was, but with this web site and a few others I`m getting educated.

Thanks again

Mel

Skjaldborg

Old Man,

Thanks for the encouragement and the advice. I am currently stable and have noticed no negative physical changes since getting injured except for the initial pain, which went away after using pentox. I understand that even though I got this due to an injury, further symptoms can sometimes sneak up on you. That being said, I just don't have the time to commit to the protocol in hopes of preventing further changes, which may or may not arrive. I definitely agree that early use of the VED is probably best, but everyone has to make their own decision based on where they are at with the disease.

I have currently signed an armistice agreement with the disease and the VED is my nuclear option that keeps the enemy honest, for now.  :D

Skjald

crashbandit

So I got my Augusta single cylinder pump system and everything looks good. I had to pay 36 bucks duty because they put the value of the product at 306 bucks so I had to pay $20 duty and $16 for tax, piss me off. I only paid $70 for it!!! Oh well. Sucks to be Canadian sometimes.

I must say my first test run was not as smooth as I would have liked. I was super scared of over pumping so I really wish this thing had a guage. I'm seriously kicking myself for not getting a pump with a guage and I hope I can get used to this one.

I'm extremely afraid to over pump, how can I be sure I don't over pump? is it safe to say, if theres no pain while pumping and you dont hold the erections in the vacuum for no longer then 1 minute, then there's no way to over pump? My penis is already hurt, I really don't want to compound it.

Thanks

Cheers

jackp

Bandit

Go to the VED thread and read my post on using the single cylinder VED.

You do not need a gage just follow the protocol. Any questions send me a PM or email.

Jackp

Mike_O

$Bandit

Your concern about over-pumping is good as it is a common mistake. I think over-pumping is caused either by lack of sensitivity (nerve issues) where the pain/discomfort cannot be felt or by enthusiasm for seeing an erection "like I used to have".

If you normally have good sensitivity then the nerve issues don't apply to you. Just keep yourself from getting too excited and tempted to pump a few more times to see how big it can get.

Lots of guys (me included) have had good results with the medical style VED without a gauge. I suggest you go ahead and get started - don't over think this. There is great mental benefit in doing something proactive to treat Peyronies.

Of course, if you have any questions, post here and we will offer suggestions.

Mike_O

crashbandit

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your imput. Yea, to hurt my dick anymore then it does now would really suck. I'm not sure if I do have nerve damage or
desensitised but currently have a light stinging sensation below my glan and into the glan abit. I wonder if I should get some nerve medicine?

Sorry to hear your having some issues with ED. How bad is your ED? What caused it?
Cheers

luka-brasi

just listen to your body as mike wrote.
a gauge will not help if you are not listening to your penis.

crashbandit

Hey, thanks for the concern with my prob. My penis has been feeling alot better lately. More plump and not so shriveled up and painful. I'm generally a worry wart when starting new things, I'd just hate to cause more damage. I'm going to pump again tonight and I have a betetr idea and more of a comfortable boundry with the VED.

I will make sure to pump it up without even the slightest discomfort even if i cant get to that vacuum erection...
Cheers

crashbandit

Well I just finished pumping tonight and it started off great. Got a great start with pumping up to erection and then releasing it for a minute then pumping up for a minute and then releasing. But after about the 7th minute, I start to get the aching pull from the infamous left side at the base.

Basically, I was really trying to listen to my body. Anytime during the pumping I would only pump until a nice strtch was felt. But it seemed around that 7th minute that ache was there even with a little pumping. Then by the 15th minute it was definetely sore, not too sore, and I just stopped. Now I'm laying here and it's more sore then when I started. Not a good thing. I think I may have over pumped for my fragile penis pain.

I don't kow, I wonder if pumping is not a good idea for my condition. I guess I'll ust wait to see how I feel in the morning.
Cheers

luka-brasi

i do also noticed that aching pull a while ago after i pumped a bit to much and still felt it after the session.
the following days i went on but just pumped less and after a 4-5 days it came back to normal.

Quote from: crashbandit on October 04, 2010, 12:46:44 AM
Well I just finished pumping tonight and it started off great. Got a great start with pumping up to erection and then releasing it for a minute then pumping up for a minute and then releasing. But after about the 7th minute, I start to get the aching pull from the infamous left side at the base.

Basically, I was really trying to listen to my body. Anytime during the pumping I would only pump until a nice strtch was felt. But it seemed around that 7th minute that ache was there even with a little pumping. Then by the 15th minute it was definetely sore, not too sore, and I just stopped. Now I'm laying here and it's more sore then when I started. Not a good thing. I think I may have over pumped for my fragile penis pain.

I don't kow, I wonder if pumping is not a good idea for my condition. I guess I'll ust wait to see how I feel in the morning.

lespleen

Just wanted to clear up some of the seeming  inconsistency regarding whether or not we should be aiming  to achieve  some kind of erect-like state during the course of the VED  cycles. some of the more knowledgeable users  on this site discourage erections ; however, the  study featured in the  BJUI article  involved using the VED to achieve an erection and then holding it for 3 minutes. Obviously erections are to be avoided in the a and b cylinders.....However many members on the forum have also indicated either explicitly or implicitly that they are pumping for an erection of sorts.  I'm on week two and things are progressing nicely thanks to some sage advice from OldMan. Just wanted to see if there was any kind of  consensus in the matter. Perhaps we tend toward a more erect-like state as our exercise regimen advances and evolves and we increase pressure and/or duration?

Mike_O

There are a few posts on this topic in other threads as well as in the long archive thread at the top of the board.

Sometimes the word "erection" is used to describe a pumped penis "with valves open" - that is engorged with the aid of the VED. If the vacuum is released from the VED then the penis loses it's engorgement pretty quick because the blood vessel valves are open.

Other times the word "erection" is used to describe a stimulated penis "with valves closed" - that is the vessel valves are closed naturally as a result of mental or physical stimulation or with the help of medication such as Viagra or with a "mechanical valve" such as a constriction band. When the VED vacuum is released the engorgement remains for awhile.

So I think there is significant confusion when the word "erection" is used - even in the scientific studies.

It is my opinion that an erection "with valves closed" is NOT necessary for VED therapy to be beneficial. I also believe longer hold times are helpful.

Ben

I totally agree with Mike_O. There is a difference between those words.

Pumping in erected state is for me the best way to overpump and to get bruised. The best result I have is starting flacid and pump until my unit is fully engorged but not hard.
By the way each one react differently and the smartest thing is to try by yourself what is better for you.  

Mike_O

I will add that if I needed a "valves closed erection" every time I did VED therapy I would not be doing much, if any, therapy!

nebula

So I'm 16 weeks into the 26 week VED protocol. Recently, I missed two days because I was out of town and forgot to bring it with me. Is this a big deal?

lespleen

Okay. thanks for your input everyone. I would have to agree. So what do you guys make of the following excerpt from 2010 BJUI article entitled  THE ROLE OF VACUUM PUMP THERAPY TO MECHANICALLY STRAIGHTEN THE PENIS IN PEYRONIE'S DISEASE :

Over a 12-week period, the patients used a vacuum device (Osbon ErecAidĀ®, MediPlus, High Wycombe, UK; Figs 1,2) without the constriction ring, for 10 min twice daily to stretch the penis. The cylinder was applied to the penis and slowly inflated until the penis was erect and maintained in this position for 3 min. The vacuum was then released to allow the erection to subside and the process repeated over a 10-min period. Patients were encouraged to remain compliant with the protocol by 2-weekly telephone calls from the study nurse practitioner.

Thanks again,
lespleen