New on this - asking for advice

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungGuy97

Dear all,

This is my first post on this forum, and I must say it feels a bit weird writing this behind my computer.
It has been two months since i got my first symptoms of Peyronies Disease. Mainly I'm dealing with a mild curve to the left, but I also have scar tissue just under the glans. I've been to a uro but he sent me walking with some supplements. I'm guessing he wanted to do the "watchful waiting". Anyway, next month I will be seeing another uro who I heard is specialized in this kind of stuf.  

In the meantime, I have been reading myself about the condition, and I learned that traction is one of the main therapies that are applied with some succes. Therefor I would like to ask you guys some questions since I'm kind of new to this. First of all, which device would you guys recommend? I've read about AndroPeyronies (which is also successfuly tested in a study), but apparently not everyone seems to be happy about the device: some guys seem to find it rather rudimentary and unhandy, although some have found it efficient. I read that others were happy about the PeniMaster (Pro), but it seems more expensive and as I am not circumsised I don't know if i like the idea of some cup applying suction on the glans...

Secondly, what do you guys feel like should know about this therapy and these devices? I know you have to be very devoted to them en be careful when using them, but I'm kind of desperate and ready to give it a shot.  

Thank you all in advance,

YG
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc

Monty

sorry can't help you,i know nothing about traction.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

TonySa

Traction can be done very safely.  If you get the cup version such as penimaster pro  or ESL-40 (very inexpensive) you can wear it for extended time periods (in studies the longer each day the better the results). The noose types can be worn for about 30 minutes and then a break is needed.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Vvv

[Full quote removed]

Tsanchez how long can you use the restorex? How often should you rest?

betterbend

Restorex did a study using the device from in 30 minute intervals 1-3x per day.  The study showed moderate improvement with 30 minutes per day (1x), optimal improvement at 60 minutes (2x per day), and about the same improvement at 90 minutes per day (3x per day).  Therefore they recommend using it for 2 x 30 minute sessions per day.  15 minutes with a straight stretch and 15 minutes using the angle feature to apply the force the opposite direction from your main curve.  I used mine 1-2 x per day, and it seemed to help.

55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

Vvv

[Full quote removed]
Did you experience some gains in length? I would like to recover lost length

betterbend

I started with the Andropeyronie, but didnt like it.  I was able to get the restorex paid by my FSA account so I ordered it.  I definitely got back some thickness and length.  But I could not tell you if it was from one device or the other, or both.  The Resotex pulls pretty hard, so I would imagine in will help, but couldnt say for sure.  Sorry I could not be clearer, but maybe you could email Right Path Medical or Dr. Trost directly to see if they have some information about that.
55 - Onset May 2017.  38 degree bend up.  Failed Xiaflex treatment.  Still functional so I decided to stop treatments.  Only take 400mg Co-Q10 and occasionally use Restorex

TonySa

With restorex I regained my lost inch pretty quickly.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Cowboy James

I suggest you buy cheap ones on ebay. I bought The Peyronies Device TM and it looks like the cheap ones. I also bought an expensive vacuum device and it doesn't seem to have a lot of advantages over the cheaper ones.