16 years with Peyronie's

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W

Hi all! I joined ages ago, but have decided to do more than lurk. I am 16 years in, diagnosed in 2002. I did the verapamil thing, (which actually helped a little), now seriously using traction. So we'll see. Urologists are so offhand about this affliction. "Yes, it's Peyronie's, nothing we can do." And promptly shown the door. My bend is now somewhat manageable at about 60 degrees (down from 90), but I have a serious "hinging" mid penis, which makes penetration virtually impossible. The ED is worsening as well. Hoping for some improvement from traction. Great to be here!
65, Albuquerque, NM. First onset 18 years ago. Original bend reach 90 degrees, now 60. Verapamil helped slightly, as did pumping early on. Now using traction and waiting for Medicare & my private insurance to cover an implant next year.

TonySa

Welcome, glad to here of your improvement and hoping traction helps even more.  How many hours a day are you going for?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Steve W

Thanks! I am averaging 4 hours a day. Which is challenging.
65, Albuquerque, NM. First onset 18 years ago. Original bend reach 90 degrees, now 60. Verapamil helped slightly, as did pumping early on. Now using traction and waiting for Medicare & my private insurance to cover an implant next year.

Monty

Hi, 16 years a time, 60 deg in which direction? thought about VED as well as traction could be the answer, bit of manual massage works well for me.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Steve W

Monty, The plaque mass is along the top side, the bend is to the left and was originally 90 degrees, and now about 60. The "hinge" right in the middle of my penis is the worst problem.