Do I have Peyronies Disease?

Previous topic - Next topic

IR

I'm an 18 year old male, and I have a pretty steep n-curve (penis curves downwards)

While searching through google, I learned of Peyronie's disease and I am kind of worried that I might have it. I experience no pain during erections, and when my penis curves downwards during erection it is still flexible that I can move the base of the penis in order to straighten the penis out manually to allow for intercourse.

I also have a dark red patch that might look like an inflammation on the underside on the shaft of my penis...

However I have experienced no pain associated with this inflammation-like patch. Are red patches that look like inflammations common among those who have this disease?

I dont remember if I've had these characteristics all my life, but I can definitely remember having them through my teen years. I've been thinking maybe the redness underneath and the curvature be due to circumcision and the way my penis developed? I've worn tight briefs all my life and would often get erections, maybe thats why? There has been no pain or difficulty in having intercourse though, but I am still worried if I may have the disease.

Thanks for any help.

chiguy

IR,

It is possible you have a congenital curvature, which you have had since birth. This is more likely since you noticed it during your teen years. The redness might just be the color. With Peyronie's, the bend is usually noticeable at a particular point, rather than gradual. For a congenital curvature, surgery can correct the problem. The surgery is called plication, where they shorten the longer side to match the shorter side. It is important to use a skilled surgeon.

There are many on the forum far more knowledgeable than I and they can explain further.

My advice is to see a urologist as soon as possible so he can make a diagnosis. You can also start taking natural vitamin E, which in some cases prevents peyronie's from getting worse. I take 1600 mg's a day, which is more than other forum members, but start with 800mg's a day.

LWillisjr

IR19,

Many young people are concerned about the shape and size of their penis. But don't jump to the conclusion so soon they you think you have Peyronies Disease. Everyone's penis make look very similar when flaccid, but everyone's erection can look quite different. Not everyone's erection is naturally straight, in fact everyone has some slight unique bend or curve.

Without more information, we can only speculate on your situation. Why.... because words like "severe" are difficult to interpret. What is severe to one person is slight to the next. And if you are able to move it in a way that you can have intercourse and no pain, then sounds like your situation is not so bad.

Regarding the red patch, without more information I have no idea. If it has always been there then I'm guessing it is a natural skin development before you were born. Often referred to as birthmarks. And no I DO NOT believe your condition was caused due to circumcision. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Circumcision is getting a bad rap these days and I don't know why. Seems to be a lot speculation by people concerned about other people's health. Nearly 99% of all males in the U.S. since 1955 have been circumcised.

So base on all this.......  I tend to agree with Chiguy that what you have is probably congenital curvature. That means your penis developed this way while you were in your mother's womb. It's not due to tight briefs or anything else you may have done. Remember all of us over the age of 40 grew up on whitey tighties before the big underware revolution of the 1980's.

Your best bet is to see a urologist and get a professional examination and diagnosis. I'm happy to try to answer any further questions.

Les

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

hb

Hi

My son was born with a congenital curvature which hasn't prevented him at all from having sex. He has lived with numerous women over the years and they all wanted to marry him.

I'm not sure you need to take Vitamin E but it won't hurt anything if you do. I would see a Urologist. My peyronies developed as a result of using too tight constriction rings with a VED. It showed up all of a sudden but has started to go away since I started taking Trental (Pentox), Vitamin E and L-Arginine.

Good luck  

LWillisjr

hb,
I'm curios. Seems we have a number of new posters lately that may have congenital curves but don't know it. So my question is how and when did you a parent become aware of this in your son? Did the doctor tell you anything, or did you just notice it when your son as an infant had an erection? And did you say anything to him later on at a certain age?

Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History