Peyronies after prostate biopsy

Previous topic - Next topic

pooter88

My husband developed a curvature after a 12 core needle  prostate  biopsy.  There is no other explanation and when we brought it up to his urologist who performed the biopsy he said it was impossible that it was due to biopsy and must be due to  sexual position. My husband does remember squirming quite a bit during the biopsy. We wholeheartedly believe it's related but can't find Any sites or references. Has anyone heard of this or know anything about it?

Paolo

Yes, I believe there is a risk, see;
Prostate Cancer Biopsy Dangers - Prostate Biopsies - Diagnostic Center for Disease

The unsettling truth is that many men are never quite the same after a prostate biopsy. After the procedure, you may experience decreased ejaculation, rising PSA numbers, and even difficulty with erections or impotency. There have even been documented cases of men developing Peyronies Disease—a condition in which a lump causes the penis to bend permanently  :(

The question is therefore was your husband told of the risks however slight before his procedure??

Your support will be vital to him at this time, you are obviously very caring  :)

Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.