POTABA - effectiveness, interaction & questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptolemy

Rockout, thanks for your reply. Not very encouraging. Yes, this disease is a bitch.  

emasculated

I have been taking Potaba for a month now roughly.
I'm at a very early stage of the disease.
I happen to not tolerate it very well, and had to reduce to half the dosage.
But I know at least two people who have taken it with no problems.
My first problem was the liver, which now has improved and it turned out was
not caused by Potaba itself. My liver enzymes are completely normal now.
The second is dizzyness which is also better on half the dosage.
It is actually not that much trouble to take it. Just don't use the tablets but the crushed (powder).
Dissolved in soda uniformly every 6 hours 3 grams always with food.
I have no stomach issues whatsoever. In fact I always suffered from constipation which is much better
on Potaba.

But Potaba might only help if you are in the very early and painful stage of the disease.
I know one other person whose curvature stabilized with 10 degrees after 9 months potaba
and has remained so for a year. But the 2005 study is more objective in this regard, even though the
sample size was very low and it was financed by the company Glennwood. This latter fact
was explained to me by the researchers who did the study.. that's usual protocol because
they could've never gotten the money otherwise.
My own pain was completely gone after 2 weeks on it. And I had debilitating pain which did not
respond to anything else.
One should never underestimate the Placebo effect of course and only time will tell if I have a good outcome
with it.
I might add Pentox to the mix in January after my next visit with the doc in case the Plaque has grown.

Now Pentox is really impressive in that it's the only drug that can make calcifications disappear in double blind studies.
But what I really wonder: Does the Pentox effect wear off after you stop taking it for a long time?
Was there any follow-up in these studies?
With Potaba the whole point of taking it is to stop the disease in it's tracks permanently IF taken at the very early stage.
But it only works in 17% of patients or something...
I'm already getting slowly used to the idea that I will have Peyronies for the rest of my life. Which could be a long time since I'm only 27 in case I decide to continue living with this of course.
"Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering - an image of death."

NeoV

Interesting..

I tried Potaba once, and had a bad allergic reaction where my ears were on fire for an entire day and I had a rash around my abdomen. If it wasn't for that I would have continued.

I just don't know which is the best thing to take orally, but I'm considering trying pentox once again.

It's such a pain getting it here however, I'm worried they won't ship it to Japan.

spyrosg

Potaba vs Paba

Hello everyone !

I really don't understand the difference (if any) between Potaba & the (supposed physical form) Paba. I'm begining my treatmet, I 'll go on with 3 cylinders VED and natural supplements. I also consider Pentox. My uro recommended Potabas, but I'm sceptical due the the comments in here, and the per day huge intake of 12 grs. Perhaps if Paba is also giving some results, with minimal side effects, I could combine it with pentox and the rest.  

Any opinions ???

PeetyPeet

Hi Spyrosg,

Potaba has Potassium included, Paba does not. That's the only difference that I can see. I'm not sure what difference Potassium would make to your treatment - it is the para-amino benzoate that is the active ingredient.

I took Potaba 12g for six months for suspected corporal fibrosis. I had no side effects other than some mild diarrhea. It didn't appear to have much effect however, so I gave up on it (it was also very expensive over here in the UK).

Of Pentox and Potaba, Pentox is certainly the most popular drug on the forum. I think most people believe that the best chance of a drug having a positive impact is if it is taken during the acute phase of the disease.

I did read a positive review of Potaba, however, where a guy who had both peyronies and dupuytren's contracture (there's appears to be a connection) took potaba and both his conditions were cured, so perhaps Potaba is effective for the 'type' of peyronies that is associated with D.C.

spyrosg

Dear PeetyPeet,

Thnx for your kind answer.

Given the knowledge accumulated in this forum, I 'll definately proceed with Pentox for 3 months, along with VED and L-arginine ... Hopefully, I'll see positive results that I post in here.  

bjelorad

I am taking POTABA 6g per day, because if I take 12g I have nusea, diahrea, fever and I feel sick,
Period 2 months now.
I have two plaques, and the situation got worse from when I started.
Both are big, one is causing curvature to the left and another downwards, they are big about 7mm.
Horrible.

Has anyone had half the dose for the longer time and can share experience?

I can't buy pentox (trental) in my country.

vyrtual

Hi!

I was wondering, after all this time, how did this Potaba x Pentox combo worked for you?
Could you share a little of your experience, please?